Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Eric Musco: constructive criticism and request (also the solo stuff doesn't work)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Eric Musco: constructive criticism and request (also the solo stuff doesn't work)

Cindlehr
11.17.2015 , 06:43 PM | #1
I'm putting this here because I'm sure its going to get buried on the forums.

Eric,
I appreciate the team is listening to us but at the same time it feels like this is a child's tug of war game.

I enjoyed actually the new companion system and getting things done and not needing help. I get that people were ************ like crazy for what feels like stupid reasons. Some people like huge challenges, others don't. I have very limited time to play, and I like to play. But due to my life which has been very stressful, I don't have time to do things like wait in a group que, guild run, heroic or raids. I just flat out don't have the time.

The companion system I thought was awesome. I was able to solo star fortress on regular mode, it was not easy for me, but I could get through it on my own. Now I'm reading that it's not solo-able at all (even with companion heals.)
I get that some people find it too easy. I get that some people like it.

My request would be for you to do something like what was done for the XP boost the last few months (which was awesome by the way). People were complaining, and you guys put out a bot that sold a free item so that it would take the xp boost off of that character. Could you do something like that for this? I'm not sure how it could work on PVP servers, but that way it gives the players a chance to use the companions in the best way for the player.

I've enjoyed the expansion as I love storyline and rp. I am not a pvp'er. But now, if I'm going to be struggling and waiting around for help, its going to have some serious problems on me playing. I left WoW because it got to a point once you level that all you could do was raid. I love swtor because its not the same. I would really like to see something where it could be beneficial to any player as to how powerful they want their companions to be. If it would be possible to mimic the xp buff and item to turn it off, except for companion strength (turn it off drops it to whatever) leave it keeps it where it was. That would be awesome in my opinion.

Just my suggestion, thank you.
Thank you dev's for Theron Shan !!!!!!! Now just please don't kill him...
aka this >>> http://imgur.com/FqX4Znu

FenyxSprig
11.17.2015 , 06:54 PM | #2
I am also a player with time constraints.

I love the new expansion, the new story. The new companions were like manna from heaven for me. The heroic +2 are required if you want to raise the level of your alliance. There are a few dozen of them but still, I was able to do about half of them in a week and that was good for me.

I can't see taking multiple hours to do something I've done dozens if not hundreds of times before. I don't have the time nor the inclination.

It was also just plain fun to me. I actually felt epic, as my character was supposed to be.

All I can really do at this point is wait to see if it gets better. I think the cuts were far too deep, I think perhaps a 10% cut would have been more than enough. This - this is just too much. At this rate, it will be 5.0 before I get my alliance up to level 10.

Gorrdan
11.17.2015 , 06:57 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FenyxSprig View Post

I love the new expansion, the new story. The new companions were like manna from heaven for me. The heroic +2 are required if you want to raise the level of your alliance. There are a few dozen of them but still, I was able to do about half of them in a week and that was good for me.

I can't see taking multiple hours to do something I've done dozens if not hundreds of times before. I don't have the time nor the inclination.

It was also just plain fun to me. I actually felt epic, as my character was supposed to be.

All I can really do at this point is wait to see if it gets better. I think the cuts were far too deep, I think perhaps a 10% cut would have been more than enough. This - the is just too much. At this rate, it will be 5.0 before I get my alliance up to level 10.
I underlined something so simple that these elitists with their heads shoved so far up their *** are failing to grasp.

Its not about being bad at our class. it is about time management and not wanting to pull our hair out doing same dailies which we have done million times already. Comps made that part of content tolerable
Referral link for new and returning players. Free goodies for you and me
http://www.swtor.com/r/gMw59d

alasamaya
11.17.2015 , 07:01 PM | #4
Dear Eric,

Is so hard to fix the romance bug? Is so hard to let as sort the companion by influence?

Cindlehr
11.18.2015 , 03:07 AM | #5
Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by FenyxSprig View Post

All I can really do at this point is wait to see if it gets better. I think the cuts were far too deep, I think perhaps a 10% cut would have been more than enough. This - the is just too much. At this rate, it will be 5.0 before I get my alliance up to level 10.
I underlined something so simple that these elitists with their heads shoved so far up their *** are failing to grasp.

Its not about being bad at our class. it is about time management and not wanting to pull our hair out doing same dailies which we have done million times already. Comps made that part of content tolerable
YES
I come home and I have an hour before I have to go to bed. I need sleep to actually function like a person, not just a few hours. I like to use that hour winding down with this game. BUT if its going to turn into #$*#$(%$ I can't do anything on my own any more, this is impossible to get anything, alliances up etc. its a nightmare. I was so freaking happy with how well the companions were healing etc. I could actually get though areas without spending 15 min just getting my health back up (short stints but it adds up). I really think making it option able to the player would be the best way to handle it. or a 10% cut vs what is going on now. Not everyone has time to grind their affection either (mind you most of my companions are constantly out getting companion items). So I get home and that hour of being able to actually relax from life is starting to turn stressful, and that's not fun at all.

Lord_Iurus
11.18.2015 , 03:13 AM | #6
The repeating content complaints seem strange to me, as my Alliance is currently at rank 11 with me only having up to this point done each of the Prologue and Chapter 1 worlds once, and two additional worlds. The game has given all indication that by the time I gain the "Imperial Hero of Quesh", "Imperial Hero of Hoth", "Imperial Hero of Voss", and "Imperial Hero of Coruscant" achievements that I will be pretty close to 20. In the meantime there is so much Star Fortress-related content that I don't see myself running out of things to earn any time soon, even if there isn't all that much difference between the named Paladin fights.

JMCH
11.18.2015 , 03:21 AM | #7
I'll wait to test it, but companions were clearly OP... bolster worked perfectly wrong, though.

No way companions should have more mastery/end/secondary stats than played toons, I would even like them to be totally playable like in 1.x but with a little more skills available and more variety.

By the way, some companions clearly bugged at least in healing stance, in some areas particularly.

Cindlehr
11.18.2015 , 06:23 AM | #8
Yes, but look at it this way-

Like the XP boost item to turn it off for players who felt the game was going too fast. (I was not one of those)
If you were given an option to be able to turn on and off companions being able to do a lot or a little, would you be okay/happy with that?

Eric,
I know you're reading a ton of negative stuff, trying to keep some being positive here. Could you let us know that you see this? Genuinely trying to help here.

Neglience
11.18.2015 , 06:26 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Cindlehr View Post

Like the XP boost item to turn it off for players who felt the game was going too fast. (I was not one of those)
If you were given an option to be able to turn on and off companions being able to do a lot or a little, would you be okay/happy with that?
If the rewards raise or decline the same amount, that could be a solution.
Pandora - Sith Juggernaut
█]╬╬╬╬╬╬(۝)ǁ█خ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

nivekje
11.18.2015 , 06:41 AM | #10
This has made the most sense so far. This would be probably a good things for both sides of the argument. I personally like having a character that can do those heroics with ease with my companion and do it in a timely manner. And I just did it to get some data crystals while leveling and some gear upgrades.

The thing is an MMO should always be about the endgame content in my opinion, thats where people want to get, so in my opinion the leveling experience should be quick and fun. Usually when an MMO comes out the leveling takes a very long time, as it's a great part of the content, but most MMO's start streamlining the leveling experiences and speeding it up later on so people can enjoy the endgame (WoW for example). Now a lot of endgame tends to be repetitive, dailies etc and this should be doable at a quick pace so there is more time for the fun stuff.

I personally feel the devs went in the wrong way on this, they are limiting a lot of people in their enjoyment and/or playstyle of the game and making it take longer to reach the endgame that is fun to do. If most of my playtime in a week is going to be doing weekly/dailies and so on I will stop playing the game as that becomes repetitive, but a lot of these things you need to do for several reasons, but again it should be doable in a timely fasion and if so desired being able to do this solo.

There is plenty of content that you can do with other people and the focus of devs should be to keep increasing that type of content instead of limiting the solo players experience. If you want the added challenge indeed give people an option to take away the leveling boost / companion boost.

On my Jedi knight I tend to play only with T7 or Kira as they fit with the story in my head, but the others I like to get up in influence so they are more capable in crew skills etc, this was a grind already but has become much more of a grind due to these changes and due to their repetitive nature it will eventually cause me to stop playing (as I did back during rise of the hutts) as I didn't have fun anymore in the game.

I play competitive sports to challenge myself and see if I'm better than other people, I play video games to unwind and have fun.
║||||[]||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)