Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR, Reddit and Value of Hype

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
SWTOR, Reddit and Value of Hype

GalacticStarfigh
07.10.2015 , 06:52 AM | #1
Meanwhle, in Reddit..

It turns out the collective melt down over yesterday's blog post is already much more popular post than the actual KotFE announcement megathread ever was.

10 million costing daddy issue CGI apparently buys you close to 300 Reddit comments. However, pissing off the MMO players of your MMO buys you 600 comments and counting. These are pretty interesting transaction rates I think.
I think this is reasonably hilarious or mildly depressing. Kinda undecided which.

I'd like to trade some of my comments to daddy issue CGI, please. I feel I've earned at least 25 seconds by now.

On a very serious note, I think there is something pretty interesting and encouraging to this. I'm happy people who actually are not playing this MMO solely and exclusively because of the talking heads are starting to wake up. Many of the MMO aspects of TOR are so fine that this boat does deserve some rocking. Otherwise all we have left is a Talking Heads album.

znihilist
07.10.2015 , 06:56 AM | #2
Best thing ever, let's not have any empathy at all like a normal human being and belittle whoever doesn't agree with us, that's the way forward, that's the good thing to do.

GalacticStarfigh
07.10.2015 , 06:57 AM | #3
^ I've always seriously liked the link on your forum sig.

..And I've always seriously disliked anime aesthetics. Wish it weren't so. QQ

Zergnaut
07.10.2015 , 07:00 AM | #4
This has become a MORPG The MMO part is gone... You know what?

IM OK WITH IT!

Its about time someone did something like this. After 10 years of gear grinds in wow Im excited about this xpax. If your not? There is a door behind me marked exit.

Due to the fact that people hate change and things they dont know as the norm I expect to see lots of Crying
Darkness is necessary for there to be light. Alternatively you can not defeat the Darkside without using it.

hadoken
07.10.2015 , 07:01 AM | #5
Why is this a surprise? People love to post negative comments, not positive ones. It isn't that different from what sells on the news.

Zergnaut
07.10.2015 , 07:03 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Why is this a surprise? People love to post negative comments, not positive ones. It isn't that different from what sells on the news.
Mine was positive
Darkness is necessary for there to be light. Alternatively you can not defeat the Darkside without using it.

GalacticStarfigh
07.10.2015 , 07:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hadoken View Post
Ultimately both positive and negative translates to buzz and visibility. I'm not sure if it is surprising..But it is encouraging. It is a relief to see significant portion of people playing this MMO are not exceptionally happy about MMO part of the MMO getting abandoned. it is a boat that deserves some rocking.

Infernixx
07.10.2015 , 07:06 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticStarfigh View Post
Ultimately both positive and negative translates to buzz and visibility. Either good or bad. I'm not sure if it is surprising..But it is encouraging. It is a relief to see a vocal minority portion of people playing this MMO are not exceptionally happy about MMO part of the MMO getting abandoned. it is a boat that deserves some rocking.
Fixed that for you.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

GalacticStarfigh
07.10.2015 , 07:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Fixed that for you.
Totally edgy as ever.

Everybody who has anything to say about TOR is a vocal minority. Majority of people who have ever played TOR donĘt care of these forums or TOR enough to feel like they'd need to say a single word about any of it in here, Reddit or anywhere else.

Celise
07.10.2015 , 07:12 AM | #10
the problem with starting a DOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!11!!!11!!!!11! thread is that it can become contagious and trolls love em. so you have the right troll at the right time on that linked just stoking the fire, its likely to burn for a long time.

so thats why im not bothering to notice it really.