Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LordArtemis
01.31.2015 , 09:44 PM | #1551
Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post
No, they didn't. It would be better if the machine had never been introduced (as it was), and the machine is still useful for gaining Contraband rep and certificates (just not for free).
It is not useful for gaining certificates. It is torture for gaining certificates.

So, yea....they did.

Unfortunately, as much as it pains me, I have to agree with you that they best thing they could have done is never have released it in the first place.

And BOY does it pain me. Feels unnatural somehow.
Quote:
There is no way they can rectify the original release, and there is no way they can change it from what it is now to something that everybody would like.
Yes on the former, no on the latter...errr, actually maybe. But of course it is unlikely anyway, so a moot point and all that.

Quote:
Making any comment would be worse than making no comment, as that would only encourage people who have let it go to get back into the fray.

The only way to win is not to play the game.
Nope, that is the only way to lose. And lose they have.

Quote:
You say that like it's a bad thing.
I say it like it is TELLING.

Quote:
You didn't seem that upset when you thought it was people like me that would be quitting had BW not nerfed the machine.
Well......not people like you....you must be more specific . No, I would bet I wasn't likely upset over the prospect.

I imagine you wouldn't be either if I vanished.

We do, after all, have such affection for each other, do we not?

Transairion
01.31.2015 , 10:48 PM | #1552
Still hoping they'll at least actually up the drop rate on Cartel Certs, so I can get more items (such as Legend mounts on multiple characters) that are bound, none of this buy and sell on GTN baloney.

As much as I hate to say it, I hope they do at least release the other versions for other reputations so I can at least get the ones I don't have (namely ICE). At least the neutered slots will be relatively cheap on the GTN.

Does anyone else think none of this would've really been an issue (well, maybe remove mats altogether) had every drop just been bound? Feel like the big issue everyone takes from this was "I got mats and put them on GTN, I got Certs and bought unbound decoration/personal put them on GTN", which was basically printing credits.

MeNaCe-NZ
01.31.2015 , 10:54 PM | #1553
Sure if it was all bound no problems I think. Still a bit of work making the mats you buy with the JJ and then anything you craft bound also.

idnewton
02.01.2015 , 04:06 AM | #1554
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
It was broken no doubt. So they made it worse.

And then they did nothing to rectify it. Not even a follow up.

I mean, even Andryah left the game over this.
Boohoo, if someone is so immature as to quit the game because Bioware decided to make adjustments to their own game, good riddance.

You don't seem to understand what 'broken' is. 'Broken' does not mean "drop rates which I don't like". The original drop rates for the slot machine killed the market for every single crafting material purchasable with jawa scrap. Are you seriously trying to tell me that a Contraband Slot Machine dropping Contraband reputation items is more broken than something which kills the market for an entire CATEGORY of the GTN?

I'm disappointed in you, I thought a lot more highly of you than that.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Menolley
02.01.2015 , 04:16 AM | #1555
Making everything you craft bound to legacy, yes sure. Making everything you craft bound to toon is bad. My cybertech makes mods and armorings for all my toons. She's not high enough level to use most of them. If what she makes is bound to her, it's vendor trash .. expensive vendor trash, even with mats from slots.

I am actually fine with not getting mats off the machine. If it was meant to be a way to get rep items, so be it. That is helpful if you don't have the rep. For those who just play for a while because it's fun (although now it's painful) reducing the failed spin rate from around 70% would be helpful, as would reducing the cost of chips to around 500 credits. Not as big a money sink that way .. selling the unneeded rep items would recover most of the cost if a person is purely playing for the off chance of getting that cursed mount. As it is, by the time it pops most people would have spent far more than it costs to get a similar mount off the GTN.

So, minor tweaks and it becomes a viable item again. Probably wishful thinking though.

idnewton
02.01.2015 , 04:29 AM | #1556
Oh yeah, let's just make everything coming from crew skills bound in some way. Great idea. Why praise Bioware for killing half the crewskill-related markets when they could kill all of them? And here I thought this thread couldn't get any more hilarious.

Do you guys actually play the game? I doubt it.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

Menolley
02.01.2015 , 06:20 AM | #1557
Quote:
Still hoping they'll at least actually up the drop rate on Cartel Certs, so I can get more items (such as Legend mounts on multiple characters) that are bound, none of this buy and sell on GTN baloney.
You only need to get the mounts on one character ..they go into collections. For a small investment of RL money, or using the monthly 500 grant to subscribers, it will not take long to unlock them for all characters. For instance I got the Cartel Skiff (can't remember which one) on one toon. Once I used it, it went into collections. I swapped to another toon, paid 120 CC and it was available for all my toons .. even new ones I create.

Quote:
Do you guys actually play the game? I doubt it.
I play the game and I make my credits 2 ways. Crafting and buying hypercrates, breaking them down, selling the contents and hoping to make a profit. Sometimes I do, sometimes I lose. I get lots of Certificates this way, and quite a good amount of JJ as well. Enough for my needs anyhow. I never used the slot machine to get JJ .. didn't really need to.

Making all crafted items bound would be insane. Making items crafted from JJ from slots bound to legacy would not be unreasonable. There are, after all, other ways to get JJ, and other ways to get purple mats.

Iffyluse
02.01.2015 , 06:44 AM | #1558
Haha sad gambler addicts cannot indulge in ther drug of choice anymore. Enjoy your detox.

Tsillah
02.01.2015 , 06:49 AM | #1559
Quote: Originally Posted by Iffyluse View Post
Haha sad gambler addicts cannot indulge in ther drug of choice anymore. Enjoy your detox.
Apparently we all get to enjoy their detox right here on the forum
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

eartharioch
02.01.2015 , 07:55 AM | #1560
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
It is not useful for gaining certificates. It is torture for gaining certificates.
I ran the numbers, it only takes 3 hrs and 550K to get a certificate. 550K would get you maybe 3 packs, and you'd have a lot lower chance to get a Cert. Why *should* it be cheaper or easier to get certs?

You're not supposed to take time out of the game to play a slot machine, it's not a job, it's not supposed to be profitable. Yeah, I wish there were more "wins" besides rep (not valuable wins, just wins). But if you play it while waiting for queues, talking with friends/guildies, reading chat, or reading the forums, you can get the odd cert or mat.

Quote:
Nope, that is the only way to lose. And lose they have.
Lol, we all know they've lost relative to not ever having released the machine, and it's sad that they released a machine so broken that the backlash will likely prevent them from ever trying again. But regardless of where they are now versus where they were, the truth is that saying anything at this point would likely make them lose more. Unless you really think that if they said *anything* that nobody would react and complain if BW didn't respond to any new dialog.

Quote:
Well......not people like you....you must be more specific
There are no people *like* me...

Quote:
No, I would bet I wasn't likely upset over the prospect.

I imagine you wouldn't be either if I vanished.

We do, after all, have such affection for each other, do we not?
If I had actual animosity towards you, I likely wouldn't converse with you at all. I do wish that you would quit acting like BW stood you up at the altar, though. I know you were eagerly waiting for the Kool-Aid service on your comet-ride to the Brave New World you thought they had promised you, but face it: you believed it because you *wanted* to believe it.
Q: What did the five fingers say to the face?
A: It's a SLAP!
This is not my referral link