There is no death, there is the Force..

Draqsko

The last line of the Jedi Code never strikes so poignantly as now, and this is the hardest post I've ever had to write.

A long-time member of Coordinating Confusion - Chaos Reigns and the Jung Ma community has passed away yesterday. Most of you know him as Avendie, his sage in the Silent Hill nurse outfit, on the pub side, or Asb'el, his merc, on the imp side. While many only knew the character, a good many of us in CoCo - Chaos came to know him for the great man he was behind the screen.

His favorite activities in SWTOR were PvP and GSF, but he would never hesitate to help someone out with whatever they needed. He always took any ribbing he got in stride, was always there with a "witty" remark, or regaling us in mumble with some tale or joke. He was always there to offer a word of support, a shoulder to lean on when you needed it, and no one sounded happier than him upon hearing your good fortune.

He left us too soon, and his presence will be sorely missed. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, and his girlfriend, who are as shocked as the rest of us at his passing. We at CoCo - Chaos will be hosting a memorial service in his honor, place and time to be determined later today when I can get the guild together. I'll update this thread when we have that information for those that wish to join us.

It might not be worth it to care since I doubt more than the post being hidden would happen, and frankly, Im not even sure what exactly bioware's stance on this kind of thing would be, but these kind of posts on game forums are generally "against the rules."

Just a heads-up.

It might not be worth it to care since I doubt more than the post being hidden would happen, and frankly, Im not even sure what exactly bioware's stance on this kind of thing would be, but these kind of posts on game forums are generally "against the rules."

Just a heads-up.

This isn't the first thread written like this, and to my knowledge none of the previous threads where actioned.

Also is it just me or do always try to rain on everyone parade?

Im not raining on anyones parade. Ive been in that situation before and seen a whole mess of unnecessary crap stirred up (IE, mods running through the thread hiding posts and people getting warnings or action against their account).

If Bioware doesnt interpret this kind of post a tos violation, good for them.

Edited by Dras_Keto

I will vouch that Bioware has never given issue with posts such as this. I've had to do 2 of these posts myself in the past year and what I got was a very heartwarming PM from a dev. That being said - Penumbral will try to make it out to the memorial to pay our respects to your friend. Again, we're so very sorry for your loss.

Just a heads-up.

It's always worth it to care. Avendie was a good person and is gone too soon.

How dumb are you? Seriously. Reread that.

I'm sorry you feel unloved Dras.

We had a wonderful turnout, and I just have to say that we are so lucky to have such a caring community here. Thank you to all the guilds that came to show their support. It was really amazing.

Last night was a fitting tribute to a man that held everyone in the highest respect as people. There were so many there that I have the deepest respect, it was both very honoring and very humbling at the same time. Thank you all for being there, and how you all carried yourselves. None of us in CoCo expected anything like that and it was amazing. Jung Ma's community has once again shown that it is top-notch.

Just a heads-up.

Took me more than 3 hours to write that post, due to both emotional state and carefully researching the wording to use to avoid moderation. I praise Bioware for not having a blanket policy in regards to this type of thing. I guess they are a little more caring than people like to portray.

I'm sorry to hear for your loss, many condolences to the guild members, friends and family surrounding on this community. Also for the family members as well too.

There is no death, there is the Force...

On behalf of the Proteus Proteus community we share your grieving and sympathy as well. Our condolences go to you guys from our guilds on Shadowlands and Harbinger.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the tribute to my brother. The swtor community has played a surprising role in helping my family heal. I was able to share your kind words and screenshots with my parents, nephew, and friends. Words could never express the emotion felt seeing my mother's smile in repsonse. I would like to express my gratitude to Paree, CoCo, and all those involved.

There is not death, there is the Force..:)

-Aelo

Edited by Aelo