Lightsaber Pike

DoctorBard

Now I was replaying Star Wars: the Force Unleashed, when a curious thing caught my eye. A lightsaber pike:http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/70720/xpike.png

Now you can see it's a rather unique weapon and for some reason a rather appealing thought. Honestly I'd love to see something along these line established as either a lightsaber class weapon (in which case shorten the handle making it still rather long whilst retaining the over all feel) or that of a dual-bladed lightsaber class (in which case you just giver the other end of the pike a bladed look so as to avoid having to change the mechanics).

To continue my story, I began to do some research on the weapon itself in terms or lore, and what I found utterly delighted me. Honestly for those interested it is simply a matter of gloogling the term, and looking through the wookiepedia site and such to see the history of the weapon itself which I must say is rather fascinating.

Anyhow I'd like to get some fellow player's opinion on the thought of this type of weapon.

Challenge accepted! I really only knew of 2 force users who use a Force Pike. One in the Clone Wars era, I forget the Jedi's name (he's also in the Dark Times comic) and Darth Nihl from the Legacy era with Cade Skywalker. But I would love this weapon for my Shadow. It would fit with the back story I created for him.

Aye, you see it's more the notation that anyone wielding a dual-bladed lightsaber (from this point on I shall refer to as saberstaff) got rather shafted in the means of the design on the hilt, the majority of the one's in game look more or less the same, and honestly it's not that they're poorly designed, they just rather lack flair, which tends to make it rather boring playing either an assassin or shadow. Honestly it's the history of the weapon itself that has me grinning at the thought of wielding one of these beasties.

For those of use who rather like the notation of wielding a spear as a weapon, it seems rather brilliant. The weapon itself has this certain grace and elegance to it that basically makes me see it and say, "dear god, imagine the versatility of something like that. The choice between merely knocking my opponent about or engaging in serious combat. The notation of the reach of the weapon is rather ideal given that it would be perfect for fighting multiple foes."

All in all I see a beautiful piece of potential equipment ahead.