Naboo

Tehhsuhh

• 1 month later...
I agree.....Naboo is such a beautiful planet and there should be an area where there is no conflict so players can enjoy how great the planet is. Visit the palace and the grand courtyard, it would be the perfect place to introduce player housing for those who don't want to live on the ship all the time too.

I see your point friend but Naboo is such a great world they have to add it. Even if we don't get to enjoy the underwater world of the Gungans anytime soon just the surface world and all it's splendor and adventures and beauty would be great thing to check out in time!

At this point in lore, we would just start seeing human settlers on Naboo. Mostly Gungans. Theed wouldn't even be built yet.

As much as I'd love an underwater city, I don't think I could handle

"weeesssa gungan. Halllllloooo baaaaddd bombin sithhhhhhhh""

for hours.

• 6 months later...
maybe since gungans are retarded we could kill them all being sith and found a sith temple there and then have it settled to lay foundation for the force connection that turned sidious to an evil man

We will never have Naboo with the current engine. The Gungans have underwater cities but the current SWTOR engine doesn't support that.

Actually, that is not an engine issue. The engine can do that, but BioWare decided against swimming/diving since they didn't came up with something that felt right for SWTOR. Still I hope with that they will implement such things into SWTOR, and of course Naboo with it.

But I don't think Naboo during the time of the game will be even close to what one sees in the movies, it will be a much more rural world, with warring Gungan tribes and refugees from the war in galaxy and big game hunters in the swamps and nothing of the elegant palaces.

• 3 months later...
Actually, in the current date of SWTOR, Naboo has been colonized for roughly 300 years by refugees fleeing revolution on the core world of Grizmalt. Some lore says that it is a hereditary monarchy at this point, began by the ousted queen of Grizmalt, Elsinoré den Tasia, with it's first permanent settlement at Dee'Ja Peak. Theed is large at this point, but still a farming community. Naboo is ruled under one monarch, but the cities are relatively similar to the Ancient Greek city states of the classical era. I honestly would love to see Naboo in this game. Well, the human side of it at least. The planet would be similar to the Naboo in the movies, just a tad more rural. Same societal structure and such, mostly peaceful relations between the Naboo and gungans, but any cooperation kept out of the sight of "respectable society" in the city states.

Not all Gungans spoke like Binks for crying out loud. Binks, at this moment [moment in real life] is the ONLY Gungan that spoke the way he did.

Actually, in the current date of SWTOR, Naboo has been colonized for roughly 300 years by refugees fleeing revolution on the core world of Grizmalt. Some lore says that it is a hereditary monarchy at this point, began by the ousted queen of Grizmalt, Elsinoré den Tasia, with it's first permanent settlement at Dee'Ja Peak. Theed is large at this point, but still a farming community. Naboo is ruled under one monarch, but the cities are relatively similar to the Ancient Greek city states of the classical era. I honestly would love to see Naboo in this game. Well, the human side of it at least. The planet would be similar to the Naboo in the movies, just a tad more rural. Same societal structure and such, mostly peaceful relations between the Naboo and gungans, but any cooperation kept out of the sight of "respectable society" in the city states.

Actually, Theed either isn't there or isn't as "large" as you state. But regardless, like you state there really wouldn't be that many big settlements as there would really be Dee'Ja Peek with smaller settlements around possibly a few further out. But nothing really that grand.

Definitely no civilization would be on any of the moons, as they haven't really had anyone step foot on them yet. Oxon City might be a settlement during this time, but I'm not positive. Kaadara isn't there as it won't be built until 1,000 years after humans first arrived on Naboo, Moenia may or may not be there as the star wars wikia suggests that it was built sometime during the Old Republic Era.

So really, the only relatively known locations on Naboo, not counting Gungan cities, would be Dee'Ja Peek and possibly Moenia. Oh and the relations between the Humans and the Gungans at this point isn't that peaceful as it is actually tense with rare direct conflicts, which eventually will essentially become somewhat of a civil war between the Humans and even less between the Humans and Gungans.

But regardless, Naboo isn't really "known" to either the Republic or Empire and if it is, it is likely seen as a backwater world with no significant value to warrant any presence or occupation there. There's no real export during this era coming from Naboo so that won't be a reason to be on Naboo.

So really, what reason would there to be to add Naboo to this game?

Edited by Altyrell

In Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Boss Gallo was a pretty cool Gungan, but he won't be born/hatch for another 1000 years, so it could have his ancestors or something.

Skimming a few Wookieepedia pages, it looks like the Gungan tribes are all under Warlords during TOR time and fighting each other. I could see the Empire backing a ruthless tribe and Jedi backing a pacifist tribe or something, but they would need a strong motive to bother with such a primitive world. You could go with a powerful natural resource, but that seems repetitive after Makeb. I can easily see the Empire having its representative of the four classes pose as a Gungan god to get them riled up for war, maybe an attack on the local human settlements? Maybe they see some sort of unique benefit to all of the strange Gungan technology. Maybe healing herbs were discovered to make up for a lack of Kolto. Maybe the Jedi and Sith want to investigate the Elders: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elders_%28Naboo%29

Perhaps Naboo could be chosen as the world that the Makeb refugees get dumped on. The planet has taken in refugees before, and there's a lot of empty farmland.

Edited by Dan_Loto

I am pretty sure that Naboo has not been discovered yet at this point in lore.

There are many other planets that I would rather see than Naboo anyways. Dantooine, Kashyykk, Mustafar, Ziost just to name a few.

Edited by Icebergy

Not to mention that Sidious was born there too...

So was Jar Jar. I wouldn't mind Naboo, but they have to omit Jar Jar and his ilk.... Or redesign Jar Jar's cronies and make them sound different when they talk (to protect the innocent) to make Naboo a place we want to go to and not avoid.

I am pretty sure that Naboo has not been discovered yet at this point in lore.

There are many other planets that I would rather see than Naboo anyways. Dantooine, Kashyykk, Mustafar, Ziost just to name a few.

Including Naboo, you've named enough worlds, there, for a MAJOR expansion with maybe 10 to 15 levels to add to the level cap. Provided there's tons of content on each planet (avoid tiny places like Quesh or fragmented places like Makeb, though).

Edited by WorldSmasher

You want NABOO? HAH. To this, I say Dantooine, nuff said.

In all seriousness though, Naboo is a pretty cool planet and all, but a place I feel would serve the purpose better would be Dantooine from the old KoTOR games. Think about it, the rolling plains of Khoonda, the majesty of the rebuilt Jedi Enclave. Thhe flowing rivers and, caves where the crystals for Lightsabers grow

I would find this interesting -- /signed. I think it would be worthwhile just to see what it was like back in the day, as opposed to how it was in the movies -- very neat.

Not even for just player housing, put some dailies there. It doesn't need a story line or story arc, just put stuff there for us to do would be nice, I like the idea.

Except there would have to be a Storyline Reason for us to be on Naboo. And really, I would think that Naboo would make for a better Flash Point or Operation world.

Edited by Altyrell

Except there would have to be a Storyline Reason for us to be on Naboo. And really, I would think that Naboo would make for a better Flash Point or Operation world.

Good story reason: the technology that the Gungans use is desired by both sides to facilitate underwater combat somewhere else (insert Manaan, Mon Cal, pretty much anywhere with a majority underwater population), but it's not able to be replicated without the nurseries that they use to grow the coral parts of the hull (the armor, some of the major systems, etc.) Therefore, we're all running around trying to cull favor with the Gungans, who are initially unwilling to part with it, but have been exorbitantly bribed (Impside) or have been invited to join the Republic. In exchange for the tech, both sides are trying to help the humans and the Gungans negotiate (aggressively or non-aggressively)

Eventually, both sides get the tech, but are missing vital parts: The Imp-aligned Gungans didn't have the instruments and computer systems to put in the vehicles, and the Pubbie ones didn't have the actual propulsion systems.

Therefore, the sides begin to attack each other for the parts they respectively require, while the humans on the surface are like, 'what the hell did you turn our planet into a battleground for?' and start aligning with the two factions for protection and/or revenge.

Valid enough?

• 2 weeks later...
maybe since gungans are retarded we could kill them all being sith and found a sith temple there and then have it settled to lay foundation for the force connection that turned sidious to an evil man

thats a really good idea. or we could have the city as a warzone where you capture control points while being attacked by waves of retarded gungans and republic players while aided by the imperial army:rak_03: badman rakghoul

• 2 weeks later...
Not all Gungans spoke like Binks for crying out loud. Binks, at this moment [moment in real life] is the ONLY Gungan that spoke the way he did.

Actually, Theed either isn't there or isn't as "large" as you state. But regardless, like you state there really wouldn't be that many big settlements as there would really be Dee'Ja Peek with smaller settlements around possibly a few further out. But nothing really that grand.

Definitely no civilization would be on any of the moons, as they haven't really had anyone step foot on them yet. Oxon City might be a settlement during this time, but I'm not positive. Kaadara isn't there as it won't be built until 1,000 years after humans first arrived on Naboo, Moenia may or may not be there as the star wars wikia suggests that it was built sometime during the Old Republic Era.

So really, the only relatively known locations on Naboo, not counting Gungan cities, would be Dee'Ja Peek and possibly Moenia. Oh and the relations between the Humans and the Gungans at this point isn't that peaceful as it is actually tense with rare direct conflicts, which eventually will essentially become somewhat of a civil war between the Humans and even less between the Humans and Gungans.

But regardless, Naboo isn't really "known" to either the Republic or Empire and if it is, it is likely seen as a backwater world with no significant value to warrant any presence or occupation there. There's no real export during this era coming from Naboo so that won't be a reason to be on Naboo.

So really, what reason would there to be to add Naboo to this game?

Actually, if you read into Naboo Blossom wine, it is a major export at this point in time. It is actually the drink that was taken by the Sith Lords that assassinated the chancellor in his office during the sacking. Lore reads that they drank Blossom wine in his office once the planet was taken, and naboo, along with a few luxury exports are mentioned in the story lines of SWTOR.

Actually, if you read into Naboo Blossom wine, it is a major export at this point in time. It is actually the drink that was taken by the Sith Lords that assassinated the chancellor in his office during the sacking. Lore reads that they drank Blossom wine in his office once the planet was taken, and naboo, along with a few luxury exports are mentioned in the story lines of SWTOR.

I have played every story in this game and I do not remember a single word being uttered about Naboo. So please tell me where you know this?