Backing up the UI settings

Wopr

Hello, I wanted to let you know on how to backup your UI settings just in case you need to do a re-install of swtor. Basically all you need to do is replace your settings folder with your backup settings folder. Here's the path to the settings folder.

Windows 7:

C:\Users\_username_\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\_username_\Local Settings\Application Data\SWTOR\swtor\settings

Just heads up if your going to do this, just to be safe you may want to save the settings folder from the fresh new install you just made so you have a backup in case it doesn't work. I have done this a hand full of times and never had a problem replacing the settings folder from my backup.

Edited by Wopr

• 5 months later...

Since SWTOR is an online game, most settings are stored on the SWTOR servers, so if you login on a fresh computer, you will still have those. This includes all settings in the preferences window, your keybinds and the skills in your quickslot bars.

The only thing worth backing up are:

- Your User Interfaces from the Interface Editor. The game will remember which skills you put in the quick slots, but not where you moved those quick slots and other windows on the screen.

- The comments for the players on your friends list, if you set them.

- Optionally, your combat logs and screenshots if you don't want to lose those.

If you cannot see the AppData folder, this may be because you have hidden files turned off. Google for "windows 7 hidden files" for guides on how to turn this on.

Alternatively, you can do the following to get to that folder:

- Open the start menu

- Enter the following into the search box: %localappdata%

- Locate the SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIProfiles folder and copy all files from there to the same folder on the new computer

Edited by Jerba