Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World PVP on a PVE Server at Relics of the Gree Event. ***

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
World PVP on a PVE Server at Relics of the Gree Event. ***

Mackdi
07.23.2013 , 11:39 PM | #1
Thanks EaWare dev's for ruining the Relics of the Gree Event with the whole event area being a PVP zone. I choose a PVE server so I dont have to deal with PVP jerks killing me over and over and over while I am trying to get my rep and see the story and look at the nice environment. I don't like world pvp at all. Leave that stuff on the PVP servers for the PVP turds! This was my first run of the event and now I dont even want to run it at all now. My subscription will not be renewed for this game unless the open world pvp is removed from PVE servers. I know im not alone on this and since I already find the raiding community to be terrabad I am spending my dollars elsewhere on a game company that cares about its product and the people that use it. I will only be logging on for special events now. Long live F2P!!!!!!

DarkDisturbed
07.24.2013 , 12:18 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackdi View Post
Thanks EaWare dev's for ruining the Relics of the Gree Event with the whole event area being a PVP zone. I choose a PVE server so I dont have to deal with PVP jerks killing me over and over and over while I am trying to get my rep and see the story and look at the nice environment. I don't like world pvp at all. Leave that stuff on the PVP servers for the PVP turds! This was my first run of the event and now I dont even want to run it at all now. My subscription will not be renewed for this game unless the open world pvp is removed from PVE servers. I know im not alone on this and since I already find the raiding community to be terrabad I am spending my dollars elsewhere on a game company that cares about its product and the people that use it. I will only be logging on for special events now. Long live F2P!!!!!!
Hey, you should probably unflag yourself, only the area that contains [PvP] quests and are specifically marked as PvP are world PvP areas if you're not flagged.

Tsillah
07.24.2013 , 12:21 AM | #3
make sure you are in a team with people who are not flagged so you don't become flagged yourself. I know, I know, BW should hand everything to everyone, but sometimes a little effort from yourself can go a long way. I've participated in all the gree events so far and only got ganked a couple of times...and only once outside the actual pvp area.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect

LordArtemis
07.24.2013 , 03:03 AM | #4
Well....

I don't have an issue with how they set up. But I won't be forced to PVP against my will...so I choose not to participate.

I didn't last time. I will not this time. Simple.

When I feel like PVPing I will choose to participate myself. Bioware will not make that choice for me....period.

If Bioware wants me to participate in PVP they are going to have to do some work on it first. Right now it's too clunky and gear based for my taste.

Nothematic
07.24.2013 , 04:15 AM | #5
Gotta admit this argument is getting old.

Last time I checked TWO, out of what, 11, of the quests require you to go into a PvP area. And they are clearly labelled with a {PvP}.
Coastas - 70 Marauder | Confidential - 70 Operative
[DARTH MALGUS]

Ayelinna
07.24.2013 , 04:27 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkDisturbed View Post
Hey, you should probably unflag yourself, only the area that contains [PvP] quests and are specifically marked as PvP are world PvP areas if you're not flagged.
Oh really?

Do those missions require you to kill other players? You know...PvP?

PLynkes
07.24.2013 , 05:35 AM | #7
The whole event area is not a PVP zone, and you get a clear warning when you do enter the PVP zone, and a chance to turn back before you are flagged if you went there by accident.

Joesixxpack
07.24.2013 , 05:39 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mackdi View Post
Leave that stuff on the PVP servers for the PVP turds!
Classy.

I also like the part where he calls the raiding community terrabad [sic] while he can't even manage flag/unflag properly.

Ayelinna
07.24.2013 , 05:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Prisoner View Post
Sweet. The crying of overly entitled pve heroes too lazy and too delusional to stay out of the marked PVP zones is right on schedule. Not going to lie, watching the QQ explode is totally my favorite part of the Gree events.
i know right, people get so mad in general chat, its rather amusing, so i keep killing them anyway

Steelcamp
07.24.2013 , 06:07 AM | #10
This complaint is too funny!!! See you inside heh heh heh...