Legacy Perk Idea...Stop me if you've heard this one before...

JLazarillo

I did a search and didn't see a topic for it, but I've been thinking...currently, when we get a race to 50, we unlock it for all classes. How about doing the same with the classes themselves? Basically, if you play, a class to 50, you can then play that same class (and in turn, one of its advanced classes), mechanically speaking, but through the story of another class on either side.

So, for example, I level a Jedi Knight to 50. I can then, in turn, create a Trooper with Jedi Knight skills and abilities instead of the traditional Trooper ones. It would still use all the voicework and such for the Trooper, and go through the Trooper story, but in combat, it'd be a Jedi Knight (or one of the Knight's respective Advanced Classes, after level 10, of course). Or I could even go to the other side, and play a "Jedi Knight" as an Imperial Agent.

Some people might think the mirror-class functions are already like this, but it doesn't quite match up. With this idea, even the mirror classes would have more opportunities. You could play a Bounty Hunter, and use a blaster rifle and Vanguard-style moves, rather than the Powertech with a single pistol.

Anyway, just an idea that I thought might be fun to put on paper. Wondering if the idea appeals to anyone else.