Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no love for Huttball?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why no love for Huttball?

Lordmird
03.02.2013 , 02:11 PM | #1
Why does everyone hate huttball? I mean, you don't HAVE to run the ball.

I play as a Sniper most of the time, and Snipers generally own in Huttball. I never touch the ball, I sit at the top of the ledges throwing down G's of damage for as long as I want. It's a load of fun. My team ALWAYS wins.

So, why no love for huttball?
Semper Paratus

Khalhazar
03.02.2013 , 02:41 PM | #2
I like huttball a lot.

I frequently play with a sniper. Entrench is an incredible tool in huttball. People _really_ under-rate snipers in that game, and most snipers, sadly, underrate themselves. Snipers are great at getting the ball. Snipers are great at getting over fires for leap. Etc.

NathanielStarr
03.02.2013 , 02:43 PM | #3
I feel it favors Jedi/Sith too much. Sure I can kill people with my sniper, but I can't score or jump up or jump forward. The best I can do is knock someone off, but if they are a jedi they can jump right back.

Khalhazar
03.02.2013 , 02:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
I feel it favors Jedi/Sith too much. Sure I can kill people with my sniper, but I can't score or jump up or jump forward. The best I can do is knock someone off, but if they are a jedi they can jump right back.
Force leap/charge will not work when you are in cover. They can, however, toss a grenade to cancel cover and then charge to you, so you still have to watch positioning. The rage tree gets a secondary leap, but it has an extremely short range.

After entrench, I'd say the best sniper ability in HB is the root. You can root runners on the fires _even if they have a full white bar_, saving your team.

RikuvonDrake
03.02.2013 , 02:55 PM | #5
Hutball is the map I like the most in PvP, all the other maps just feel like copies of eachother while hutball really stands out in terms of tactic, setup and mechanics.

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

Koyaanisqat
03.02.2013 , 02:55 PM | #6
Jedi and Sith play the objectives.

Everyone with guns actually fight.
Elgyn Vriess, Space Pirate of the KDY-MANTIS Amelia, HYPERSPACE LEGEND.
Courier at large; Mercenary at small.
Elgyn Vriess Courier Company: When you need tab A inserted into slot B without C getting in the way. No questions asked (besides, "What'll it pay?").

Lordmird
03.02.2013 , 03:46 PM | #7
Yea I agree with everything that's been said. But loads of people on my server (Begeren Colony) rant about it 24/7

Even playing as a stealth is fun, I had 12 medals in the first 4 minutes, it's a fun map.
Semper Paratus

Arlanon
03.02.2013 , 03:49 PM | #8
i like how no one will run across the fire pit until they have the ball

when the ideal path to victory is the exact opposite of that

MidichIorian
03.02.2013 , 03:52 PM | #9
It's by far my favorite warzone.

On the topic of snipers, I feel that snipers more often then not are the main reason to why teams lose in Huttball. They will sit on a ledge all game and never ever touch the ball so with two or more snipers you can be pretty sure that you won't have the offensive support you need and in the event that you would pass the sniper the ball he'd probably just toss it l for a reset. I'd rather have any other AC on my team in Huttball.

Lordmird
03.02.2013 , 04:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
It's by far my favorite warzone.

On the topic of snipers, I feel that snipers more often then not are the main reason to why teams lose in Huttball. They will sit on a ledge all game and never ever touch the ball so with two or more snipers you can be pretty sure that you won't have the offensive support you need and in the event that you would pass the sniper the ball he'd probably just toss it l for a reset. I'd rather have any other AC on my team in Huttball.
A good Sniper sits on the ledge destroying half the team. And when I say sitting on a ledge, I mean a good Sniper still follows the team's ball handler, helping kill all the attackers.

Defensively, a Sniper will sit on the main ledge, making sure the enemy ball handler, and all assailants do not get past.
Semper Paratus