In what direction would like to see armor design head?

Elfa

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to see more simple designs for clothing/armour. Some sets are fine except the artist went overboard and added some extra flare... like WOW shoulder pads or weird loop things attached to some hats. Just keep it simple, Star Warsy, and most people would actually like the armour in this game.

Original and prequels.

It would be great to get some simpler looking gear without excessive ornamentation everywhere:

- Jedi in plain brown robes

- Sith in plain dark robes (i.e. like Darth Maul)

- Troopers in battle damaged plain armour

- Smugglers looking like Han solo and not space cowboys and doctors

Etc. etc.

I'd even be happy with some of the early level gear for many of the classes being made into orange & purple moddable items.

Original and prequels.

It would be great to get some simpler looking gear without excessive ornamentation everywhere:

- Jedi in plain brown robes

- Sith in plain dark robes (i.e. like Darth Maul)

- Troopers in battle damaged plain armour

- Smugglers looking like Han solo and not space cowboys and doctors

Etc. etc.

I'd even be happy with some of the early level gear for many of the classes being made into orange & purple moddable items.

Agreed.

Some of the sets for Inquisitor and Consular look ridiculous. Black Hole set for Inquisitor I find really out of place. City of Villians called, it wants it's suit back.

Agreed.

Some of the sets for Inquisitor and Consular look ridiculous. Black Hole set for Inquisitor I find really out of place. City of Villians called, it wants it's suit back.

The strange thing about the game is that nearly all of the NPC armour is great and too much of the Player Character armour umm, isn't.

The strange thing about the game is that nearly all of the NPC armour is great and too much of the Player Character armour umm, isn't.

Thank goodness for the mod system they put in game. At least we can strip out the important stats from many shells and put them into something more to a players personal taste.

I would have killed for this feature years ago when i played WoW and had to dismantle my awesome Might Set for the gaudy power ranger looking Wrath set....yyyuuuck.

Edited by RichT

a bit of nudge towards Mass Effect designs wouldn't be too bad neither (for troopers and agents at least) ESPECIALLY THE WEAPONS!!!

MANY of the weapons are just HORRID... only the VERY FEW are actually decent looking...

but if you look at the Mass Effect arsenal... totally gorgeous!

If you could pick a certain direction for armor design to head to what would be your choice?

1. Original Trilogy

2. Prequel Trilogy

3. Kotor 1&2 Style

4. Designs from the Comics

5. Brand New Designs

1-3 for me, preferably 2 for Jedi outfits and 1 for smuggler gear.

What I would give for an Obi Wan robe.. (Cream)

http://tor-fashion.com/2012/04/07/peacekeeper/

There's even one "plainer" and all brown, cant' remember the name now. Heavy thoe.

Personally I'd be happy if they just released stuff we know they already have. For instance at start the surprise knight companion came with a very cool of jedi battlelord esque armor only for it to be yanked later (if I remember correctly). All in all go down those lines I'd say. :p

Edited by aeterno

Well, we all want more original designs but a few golden oldies would be nice. Vader helmet, Fett armor, Clone and Storm Trooper armors, etc.

They just need to abstain from adding skate ramp shoulder pads and things that don't fit with Star Wars.