RELEASE: Free To Play will hit live Servers on NOVEMBER 15th

Davenmor

According to a german fansite Bioware will release 1.5 including the new F2P Option on November 15.

In the Announcement they stated that they just had a conference call with Senior Producer Blaine Christine who told them about the releasedate!

Original (german) news from the site:

Zitat Gamona ( http://swtor.gamona.de/)

SWTOR: Free to Play erscheint am 15.11.2012

von Meiou, Mittwoch, 07.11.2012, 16:18 Uhr in Free 2 Play, Free to Play, SWTOR

Wir wurden eigens von Bioware zu einer Telefonkonferenz mit Senior Producer Blaine Christine und Live Producer Cory Butler eingeladen und haben dort erfahren, dass SWTOR Free to Play am nächsten Donnerstag, den 15. November zusammen mit Patch 1.5 veröffentlicht wird.

Das bedeutet also, dass wir ab nächster Woche kostenlos durch die Galaxis von SWTOR düsen können. Somit haben wir dann Zugriff auf den Kartellmarkt, in welchem ihr euch diverse Items und Schübe zulegen könnt. Als Free to Play-Spieler habt ihr hier auch die Gelegenheit, euch bestimmte Spielinhalte freizuschalten.

Zudem werden wir exklusiv den neuen Gefährten HK-51, den tödlichen Assassinen, über eine Questreihe erhalten und das neue Daily-Gebiet auf Belsavis spielen können.

Wir freuen uns sehr auf die Veröffentlichung!

english version provided by Mr. Google (sorry im too lazy right now for a full translation :p and its late in germany)

Quote Gamona (http://swtor.gamona.de/)

SWTOR: Free to Play released on 15.11.2012

by Meiou, Wednesday, 07.11.2012, 16:18 clock in Free 2 Play, Free to Play, SWTOR

We were specifically invited by Bioware to a conference call with Senior Producer Blaine Christine and Live Producer Cory Butler and learned there that SWTOR free to play next Thursday, the 15th Will be published in November, along with patch 1.5.

This means that we can start next week free jet to the Galaxy by SWTOR. So we then have access to the antitrust market in which you can you make various items and boosts. As a Free to Play player you have the opportunity here, you unlock certain game content.

We will also be exclusive to the new companions HK-51, the deadly assassin, get through a series of quests and the new Daily territory can play on Belsavis.

We are looking forward to the release!

Edited by Davenmor

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

xD hahha ok. i stand educated!

Star Wars Galaxies [sWG] was a game released by SOE in early 2000's, character progression when it started was skill tree based and you was able to mix and match to your preferences. It was a sandbox game, with full 3d spaceflight, complex resource system, the ability to build player ran cities, along with an overt/covert pvp system. It wasn't for everyone. The New Game Experience [NGE] was the second attempt to change the base mechanics of the game, streamlining the over 2 dozen profession skill trees into 9 class wheels, changing the combat system from the standard MMO style to a pseudo standard/FPS style combat [which I think was part of the CU that preceded the NGE].

SWG wasn't perfect, but had a lot of potential that was lost due to being mishandled by SOE.

I got a question for devs, it says i have 8 days left on my subscription, so IF 1.5 does launch on nov 15, would i receive all my cartel coins (it says you need an active sub when f2p launches to receive the coins)?

does my sub end november 15 at 11:59pm or on november 14 at 11:59pm?

I got a question for devs, it says i have 8 days left on my subscription, so IF 1.5 does launch on nov 15, would i receive all my cartel coins (it says you need an active sub when f2p launches to receive the coins)?

does my sub end november 15 at 11:59pm or on november 14 at 11:59pm?

Hmm,tricky time for the sub to end,i think you should sub another month to be safe.

Star Wars Galaxies [sWG] was a game released by SOE in early 2000's, character progression when it started was skill tree based and you was able to mix and match to your preferences. It was a sandbox game, with full 3d spaceflight, complex resource system, the ability to build player ran cities, along with an overt/covert pvp system. It wasn't for everyone. The New Game Experience [NGE] was the second attempt to change the base mechanics of the game, streamlining the over 2 dozen profession skill trees into 9 class wheels, changing the combat system from the standard MMO style to a pseudo standard/FPS style combat [which I think was part of the CU that preceded the NGE].

SWG wasn't perfect, but had a lot of potential that was lost due to being mishandled by SOE.

A star wars game mismanaged by the devs. Wait. Where have I seen that? Deja vu?