SWTOR: Race around the Worlds

The_Hegemon

EVENT CANCELED due to limited response. Will try again after server transfers. All entrance fees have been returned.

This information broadcast is sponsored by the Imperial <Ministry of Hegemony>, a newly formed clan dedicated to hosting community events and competitions... which is also, incidentally, recruiting. ;)

These community events are specific to the Imperial side of the Ajunta Pall server; however, in light of server transfers and the fact that the first few are open to newly created characters, this post is going in general. We have a duel tournament and a speeder circuit race in the not too distant future, but our first event is

SWTOR: “Race around the Worlds

a Star Wars spin-off of the popular TV show: The Amazing Race, in which players will compete in teams as they travel back through the worlds of SWTOR solving puzzles, completing challenges, and racing to complete weekly planet ‘legs’ for cash and item prizes.

Episode 1: Dromund Kaas

1,000,000 credit prize

Start Date: June 9th, 8:00pm PST

Registration Deadline: June 3rd, 11:59pm PST

Server: Ajunta Pall / Imperial

Eligibility

Team Size: 2 players

Minimum Recommended Level: 17

Entrance Fee: 100K/ team (50K per person)

Registration Process

1. Find teammate and pick a team name
  2. Post team name and names of competing toons in this thread
  3. Collect entrance fee
  4. Mail entrance fee, teammate’s name, and team name to “Entries” (an Ajunta Pall Imperial character) by the above deadline – you will receive a confirmation email and a post in this thread

Game Procedure

The procedure for SWTOR: Race around the Worlds mirrors the popular TV-show: The Amazing Race. If you are unfamiliar with the show, it is basically a multi-step scavenger hunt/ race with twists thrown in along the way.

All teams will receive the first clue with their confirmation email. The clue will lead them to a “route point” which will be one of the following:

• Roadblock: Teams must complete a challenge before being given their next clue.
  • Detour: Teams have a choice of competing one of two or more challenges to receive their next clue.
  • Intersection: Teams must work together to receive their next clue.
  • U-turn: Only available after a detour, the first team to arrive has the option of forcing another team to complete the other side of the detour.
  • Fast-forward: An exceptionally hard and optional challenge, the first team to complete the fast-forward jumps straight to the final clue, and then the pit stop.

There will be an Imperial <Ministry of Hegemony> employee at each route point to administer the challenges and provide the next clue (we are currently recruiting, contact “Oppressus” in-game or go here.)

At the completion of each route point, teams will receive their next clue. The final route point is called the “pit stop”. The first team to complete all the route points and check-in here, wins the race and the prize.

Refunds, Team Changes, and Cancelations

If the event is cancelled at any point, all teams are entitled to a full refund. It will be mailed to the character who submitted the entrance fee. Likewise if the character who submitted the entrance fee sends a cancelation notice to “Entries” before the registration deadline, a full refund is returned. Unfortunately, after the registration deadline, no refunds can be offered. Likewise, team changes are only possible up until the registration deadline. – In extreme circumstances, exceptions can be made. Contact “Oppressus” by in-game mail.

Questions, Concerns, and Comments

The lead organizer is “Oppressus”. He can be contacted in-game or you can reply to this thread. We will do our best to answer your questions in a timely manner but please allow 24hrs for a response. Thank you all for considering to participate in SWTOR: Race around the Worlds, Episode 1: Dromund Kaas; we hope you enjoy the experience.

Stay tuned for further updates. If you’re interested, have ideas, would like to help staff the events, etc., we would love to hear from you below. Questions can also be answered in-game by a clan officer or me.

*We would like to get an idea of the interest level for the event so, please respond if you are likely to compete in our tester round or the actual season*

Edited by The_Hegemon

I may even roll a toon on that server.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

We would love people to consider jumping (or swapping to Ajunta Pall when server transfers come out). We've got a great community but it can always grow :)

Edited by The_Hegemon

This is an AMAZING idea and great effort - Clan Vizsla will be entering a Mando team to dominate all others!!

Thanks for the support and we'll love to see how you do :D

To be honest though, I was hoping for a much greater response. - we need about 13 teams to make it viable. Here's to hoping that more people see this thread tonight.

In the meantime, we are putting the final touches on the tester round rule-set. I can say with absolute definite 90% confidence ;) it will go up tomorrow.

Edited by The_Hegemon

Great idea, but I won't be joining in the fun, I did something like this in a different MMO we all put 5000 gold in and there were 25 of us that did this and guess what ? We never saw the guy/group that started this again, he just took the money and run, once bitten and all that.

Great idea, but I won't be joining in the fun, I did something like this in a different MMO we all put 5000 gold in and there were 25 of us that did this and guess what ? We never saw the guy/group that started this again, he just took the money and run, once bitten and all that.

Unfortunate and there is little I can do over virtual space to re-assure you. I guess you could trust in my own self interest though - we want this to become a weekly or once every two weeks event, and I certainly cant do that if I cut and run at episode 1. :/

Edited by The_Hegemon