Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood missing

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aedey
05.15.2012 , 04:37 AM | #1
Hi,

Before the patch on the 15th my chest peice/cloak had a hood with the head band I have. After the patch that is no longer visible. The band is Jedi Promulgator's cowl, I'm assuming it's now on the list of headgear that was patched due to balding with hooded cloaks.
Was that intended or is this another muck up? If it was intended... I'm not quite sure I see why a headband would need to take your hood away. A helmet yes.. but a strip of leather with a metal circle thing??
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Cerimon
05.15.2012 , 04:49 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Aedey,

Does the issue appear on your character select screen as well as in-game? If possible please post a link to a screen shot.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Aedey
05.15.2012 , 04:54 AM | #3
Both in selection & ingame. However not in a conversation cut scene. In the cut scene it just shows up as normal.

http://i.imgur.com/vjCJd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/1UwT5.jpg
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

Cerimon
05.15.2012 , 05:05 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Aedey,

We are aware of the issue you describe with equipping a hooded robe with certain headgear causing the hood to disappear. This is expected to be addressed in an upcoming patch. We regret we will be unable to provide further updates on this, but recommend checking future patch notes, which can be found here, for any up to date information.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

yullyuk
05.15.2012 , 10:31 AM | #5
no dont get rid of it, its what alot of people have been crying out for, myself included this is a happy bug in my eyes if you want the hood back up all u have to do is click hide head slot
for us all... death is an oppurtunity... as is everything else in life

ACE SQUADRON... DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC JEDI GUARDIAN, STALWART PROTECTOR OF THE REPUBLIC

SturmUndSterne
05.15.2012 , 11:01 AM | #6
I agree! It'd been so long since I'd seen my Guardian's hair that I forgot she was a blonde! I don't need headgear *and* hood.

Although, if there were a way I could turn off BOTH .. so I wouldn't have to either look like a creamsicle or be wearing a Mardi Gras mask with my main character, that'd be very nice.

Fleurdelis
05.15.2012 , 11:27 AM | #7
Not a happy bug in my eyes. I want my councilor to have his hood up, just the option to not show it if I want. But same problem, no hood on selection screen or in game. Hoods not even on the robes, just not there.

yullyuk
05.15.2012 , 11:53 AM | #8
it only applys to certain headgear though, one of my head bands doesnt work with the bug and still has the hood up, so its not like its avoidable i still think this is needed as its been cried out for
for us all... death is an oppurtunity... as is everything else in life

ACE SQUADRON... DEFENDERS OF THE REPUBLIC JEDI GUARDIAN, STALWART PROTECTOR OF THE REPUBLIC

Varjonnapnew
05.15.2012 , 12:22 PM | #9
I want to weigh in here, and let customer service know that I would like for this bug to be fixed. I too have been wanting a hood down option in game, but not a hood removal option. My Jedi Knight wears Jedi Robes, not a Duster Jacket.

Please make this a priority to fix, as I now have two visual reasons to not play my Jedi Knight (When will the issue with our robes making our rear ends look like Rhino butts be resolved?).

Buffalufacus
05.15.2012 , 12:23 PM | #10
I believe I am also having this problem on my Jedi Guardian... Yesterday I looked both in game and on the Character Select Screen and He had his hood up (Battle Expulsor's Chestguard) and his headband on (Saber Initiate's Headgear). When I logged in today hood was gone (literally gone) and only appreared when I Hid the head slot .... I liked what was going on before where you could wear a head piece under the hood. Please fix this bug!
"All the way to Alderaan"