How beat the Security Droid Boss on Belsvar

Souvarr

I'm stuck with trying to kil the Security Boss on Belsvar, part of Hostile Population. Now for most part he not too much of a problem except big, but his one cast attack all but kill me an my Thaen. I can't Mind Snap it or Stun it so the only trick I figure out was when I see the cast run away. The problem is by this point Thaen is under it shooting it, and is killed by it. Try having him start the attack at affar, but though he stay away most of the fight. By the time of the cast attack he back under. Any suggestion on how to kill it.

As a healer I just ran out of the AOE and healed my companion up. The boss pulls everybody toward him before that AOE, so even a ranged companion like Theran will end up underneath him. If you want Theran to live and you can't heal, you're going to have to micromanage him a little. When you run out from the boss, put him on passive so he follows you, and then put him back on attack so he'll start healing again.

As a healer I just ran out of the AOE and healed my companion up. The boss pulls everybody toward him before that AOE, so even a ranged companion like Theran will end up underneath him. If you want Theran to live and you can't heal, you're going to have to micromanage him a little. When you run out from the boss, put him on passive so he follows you, and then put him back on attack so he'll start healing again.

Exactly this! Put Tharan on passive and get out of dodge to avoid the AOE. Good luck!

I just recently done this boss, with my level 44 DPS Sage. He takes a little time to wear down, but Holiday should pop in a cc him some times, and also, during those breaks, get your own shield back up too, if Tharan is getting his butt kicked, then use 'rescue' on him, to pull him out of the way of the droid. If you can stun the droid at all, use that time to heal Tharan, I didn't have to at all, he basically went through the whole thing with near full health.

Healer - seer, don't use Tharan, you should be using your tank, which should be Quzen. Keep his heals up, and make sure you got health pots, and may need to use 'sacrifice' to maintain your force. For DPS, just wear the bot down, with sustained damage attacks. use Tharan for heals, and Holiday should cc the droid some times too. You should be able to use stun at least to get a small break while you do some thing else, like put your shield up, or heal, yourself or your companion.

Edited by dronepilot