Will the new Australian servers kill the current unofficial Australian servers?

Evuke

BW have announced they will be releasing Australian servers in Australia in early March, and giving the Australian's transfers off the current unofficial Australian servers "The Swiftsure" and "The Harbringer" to those new servers.

My concern is that as an American playing on The Swiftsure that it will effectively kill my server by removing 70% of it's population.

I rolled on this server as i work nightshifts it seemed like a logical choice, the unofficial Aussie servers usually are very well populated 24/7 unlike other servers. So it suited me perfectly.

After the Aussies all transfer off we will be left with a ghost-town server with no option to do anything other than re-roll on a populated server or unsub, and tbh the unsub option is more appealing than having to re-roll again and lose everything i have worked on for the past 2 months (3 level 50's).

I suggest that EVERYONE on the current 2 Australian servers "the swiftsure" and "the harbringer" be given free transfers so we can all move to servers that suit us rather than punishing us by leaving us on deserted servers.

Edited by Evuke

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

could of swore i read something from a dev sayin they were gonna let them have a limited transfer time for em... but maybe that was for asia/pacific

yeah it was a limited transfer for the aussies/etc to leave our server, but not for us :(

Change can be uncomfortable sometimes. By opening up the Australian/Asian area for play, they may already be planning a server consolidation that we don't know about.

In any event, they've got the numbers, and they can easily poll the users to find out whether they want to see more players or not as they run through the game (and what this means in terms of having to wait around while everyone shares the objective goals).

I'm glad they're opening up servers in the Asian region though. From a few of the other games I play, I know it can be hard for Aussie players due to the lag from overseas. If that hurts a few North American servers, so be it. The game is still better off in the long run.

BW have announced they will be releasing Australian servers in Australia in early March, and giving the Australian's transfers off the current unofficial Australian servers "The Swiftsure" and "The Harbringer" to those new servers.

My concern is that as an American playing on The Swiftsure that it will effectively kill my server by removing 70% of it's population.

I rolled on this server as i work nightshifts it seemed like a logical choice, the unofficial Aussie servers usually are very well populated 24/7 unlike other servers. So it suited me perfectly.

After the Aussies all transfer off we will be left with a ghost-town server with no option to do anything other than re-roll on a populated server or unsub, and tbh the unsub option is more appealing than having to re-roll again and lose everything i have worked on for the past 2 months (3 level 50's).

I suggest that EVERYONE on the current 2 Australian servers "the swiftsure" and "the harbringer" be given free transfers so we can all move to servers that suit us rather than punishing us by leaving us on deserted servers.

So you guys are afraid your server will end up like the majority of the other NA servers?

Yes, sadly this is a reality for many of us. We have asked repeatedly for merges. Looks like ignoring the players is still in full swing at bioware. Hey it worked with most of the problems they were having with their launcher though. They ignored it till pretty much all of them quit. So in the end, they aren't complaining anymore.

Like a poster above me I can't help but laugh at the fact that the two servers who always attack people asking for mergers might be in trouble. Oh, this is sweet karma at it's best.

Edited by Tenetke

I dont think they will jump off just yet, I think the waters will be tested first

Dont count on it, after playing for decades with 200 - 300 pings (especially in pvp) and to finally have the chance to play at double figures means people will jump at the chance. All my fellow countrymen I know have already selected a server and are ready to go.

Dont count on it, after playing for decades with 200 - 300 pings (especially in pvp) and to finally have the chance to play at double figures means people will jump at the chance. All my fellow countrymen I know have already selected a server and are ready to go.

Essentially, this ^. I'm going to the RP server, and my friend with multiple 50's on several servers is going as well for certain. The combination of mutual playtime and low latency is simply too much to pass up. It's pretty much a first for our country too, and we have been asking for similar service from other MMOs for years. So well done Bioware.

I worked in the US for a couple of years and so have experienced ~10-50ms ping. It's no comparison to 200-1000ms, and no-one in their right mind would go back given a choice.

Edited by kmontyw

Im on daragons trail and 1 of a few oceanic players that Rolled in this server probly 20 all up usually were The only ones online at certain times So I don't think well be missed to much

Also in saying that my current guild has 300+ members 40 active members

And has completed all content which I have missed out on due to the time differences

So no I don't think it will kill servers there just won't be that many online in off peak hrs

Also if you miss us too much you're

More than welcome to

Reroll Down under

Edited by denpic

Sadly there are a lot of aussies that think a reduced ping is a significant difference. I don't see it having much of an effect as in the US servers its usuall players from Aus playing other players from Aus (hence they have the SAME DISADVANTAGE).

Maybe its just coz im old and am used to gaming with 200+ pings.

Sadly there are a lot of aussies that think a reduced ping is a significant difference. I don't see it having much of an effect as in the US servers its usuall players from Aus playing other players from Aus (hence they have the SAME DISADVANTAGE).

Thats understandable, cause if your that old no amount of reduced ping will improve those reflexes :p

Oh we are all used to 200 + Pings. But i for one will jump at the opportunity to taste something sweeter. The more responsive my commands, they more enjoyment I recieve

Edited by Kalliadies

I think its a HUGE mistake and will be bad for all. The last thing we need is to split the servers up even more. The Aussies that transfer will trade a better ping for low population servers with zero economy. Those of us left on the US servers will lose geared players and crafters and it will change the dynamic ALOT. Its a lose/lose scenario imho.

I think its a HUGE mistake and will be bad for all. The last thing we need is to split the servers up even more. The Aussies that transfer will trade a better ping for low population servers with zero economy. Those of us left on the US servers will lose geared players and crafters and it will change the dynamic ALOT. Its a lose/lose scenario imho.

Given that we'll all be coming from many servers and compressed into three (though the majority are on Swiftsure or Harbinger) we'll be trading a better ping for more people online at our own times. Not a bad trade IMO.

I don't care if a server has a high pop period of 2000 players, if that occurs during my work day and has died off to 100 by my evening.