Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Let me see a screenshot of your shadows

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Let me see a screenshot of your shadows

tmpearson
01.21.2012 , 07:19 PM | #1
My shadows look very bad outdoors.

max settings 1920x1080p 16xQ AA

What do yours look like?

soetnews
01.21.2012 , 07:23 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tmpearson View Post
My shadows look very bad.

What do yours look like?

I just watched my shadow a few minutes ago while in Directive 7. Mine looked flawless.. I'll see if I can get you a screenshot. Haven you maxed the shadow option?

Best Regards,
Christian

tmpearson
01.21.2012 , 07:27 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by soetnews View Post
I just watched my shadow a few minutes ago while in Directive 7. Mine looked flawless.. I'll see if I can get you a screenshot. Haven you maxed the shadow option?

Best Regards,
Christian
Indoor shadows aren't bad. It is the outdoor ones that look bad on my rig.

the_banana
01.21.2012 , 07:27 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tmpearson View Post
My shadows look very bad.

What do yours look like?
That's what my shadows have looked like from day 1, and everyone I've talked to have said the same thing: low-res, blocky shadows. I wasn't aware anyone at all was claiming to have shadows that looked good.

The "low" shadow setting doesn't really give shadows at all (another one of those options where, even though there are multiple selections, it really seems to be more of an "on or off" toggle). And I know for sure that my shadows look like that at "high". So, that's not the issue.

tmpearson
01.21.2012 , 07:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by the_banana View Post
That's what my shadows have looked like from day 1, and everyone I've talked to have said the same thing: low-res, blocky shadows. I wasn't aware anyone at all was claiming to have shadows that looked good.

The "low" shadow setting doesn't really give shadows at all (another one of those options where, even though there are multiple selections, it really seems to be more of an "on or off" toggle). And I know for sure that my shadows look like that at "high". So, that's not the issue.
So this is how everyone's shadows are?

Fireline
01.21.2012 , 07:34 PM | #6
yep, my shadows look so crap that I just turned them off
Cruel to be Kind

tmpearson
01.21.2012 , 07:47 PM | #7
Anyone have better shadows than mine outdoors?

tbrian
01.21.2012 , 07:52 PM | #8
Same problem here on ATI Radeon 5870 using up to date drivers on Win 7 64 bit. Been that way since day one. Very distracting and makes me want to just shut them off. But indoors when they work right it looks good so I leave them on.
Everyone dies, but not everyone lives.