Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do people hate huttball?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do people hate huttball?

lordgracy
01.16.2012 , 11:16 AM | #1
Huttball is the best BG ive seen in a game yet. AMAZING job on that one BW. I love the teamwork needed to win. Some matches can get very intense when both sides know what they are doing. Sages are the most fun with our pull ability. I love pulling people that have the ball to a safe area or into the endzone.

Id like to see BW make different maps for huttball.
Deacon Zuul
55 Sage Healer
Harbinger

Gstring
01.16.2012 , 11:17 AM | #2
I like it also.

I just hope they learn from other MMOs and bring out plenty of warzones so they don't get stale.

Sinigual
01.16.2012 , 11:17 AM | #3
I've only done a handful of them... and it's been a clusterjam of people not talking and just fighting each other.

Not to mention I'm severely outleveled hehe.

But I like it so far.

Hellyeah_Rook
01.16.2012 , 11:17 AM | #4
I like it overall, but there are some things that are wonky. When my BH grapple works again, I'll be happy. Or if it worked on levels higher that my character like Force Jump, so it could possibly counter people who use Force Jump, and like abilities to get out of the pit.

Goretzu
01.16.2012 , 11:18 AM | #5
It's probably more that instanced PvP is inevitably boring.

ORvR is where it is at!
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Khryn
01.16.2012 , 11:20 AM | #6
Most people that complain about Huttball are Imperials. That is the only Warzone they get to play because they are so overpopulated, else they'd have 25 minute waits for Warzones.
Khryn, Rex'sun, Xhiryn, and variations of such.
Jung-Ma Refugee.
I'm a keyboard turnin' cowboy, baby.

Crashedhardrive
01.16.2012 , 11:20 AM | #7
Because its the only warzone that seems to be chosen. I'd love to play the other's more often...or be able to choose which one I am in the queue for.
A fool no matter how powerful is still a fool, and must be dealt with accordingly

Steww
01.16.2012 , 11:21 AM | #8
I don't dislike Huttball but I actually think it would be more fun if it was almost round based where one team is offense trying to score the other is defense. This way theres a bit more strategy, currently it's pretty much a cluster **** until someone can use a gap closer or escape to distance themself and pass to the guy standing on the cat walk doing nothing but waiting.

Wheelerific
01.16.2012 , 11:21 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
It's probably more that instanced PvP is inevitably boring.

ORvR is where it is at!
That's a completely personal and biased opinion.

I for one, relish the fact that I don't have to spend an hour looking for someone that may or may not even be there to fight out in a huge zone.

Queue up, and go.

Love it.
~ Humor ~
~ The Bastion ~

http://www.swtor.com/r/B4qrbV

Yfelsung
01.16.2012 , 11:21 AM | #10
I used to hate it, but now I like it.

Once you figure out that passing is the key, it becomes much easier to win even in PuGs.

PuGs haven't learn to intercept passes well yet, they do it by accident mostly.
MHORDSUNG SOULGRINDER, LEGATUS OF PHOBOS LEGION

At the end of days the dragon stands tall and with limitless rage it illuminates all.