Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Whine and complaints.. I wonder

Thodra
01.16.2012 , 07:50 AM | #1
I was thinking yesterday. At the moment the forums are very sad to read, cous of all the whinners and complainers. Does this happen often to a new released game?
What happened when WoW came out, just as much whine?

I'm just wondering, and asking what peoples experiences are with new released MMO's

Azzras
01.16.2012 , 07:52 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Thodra View Post
I was thinking yesterday. At the moment the forums are very sad to read, cous of all the whinners and complainers. Does this happen often to a new released game?

I'm just wondering, and asking what peoples experiences are with new released MMO's
Always the same....every MMO.

Sith are everywhere.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Rigwit
01.16.2012 , 07:52 AM | #3
Pretty much yes.. Although, there weren't as many people playing WoW on release as there are people playing SWToR now.

Morpheous
01.16.2012 , 07:53 AM | #4
When it comes to new MMO releases, always bring some cheese to go along with all the Whine.
"There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Reckjam
01.16.2012 , 07:55 AM | #5
I can't explain it properly but shouldn't TOR be less buggy engine-wise since it's 2012 and not 2001 or whenever WoW launched.

You'd expect with the technology available these days, you could easily have AA, Multi-core support etc.

HeroXx
01.16.2012 , 07:56 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Reckjam View Post
I can't explain it properly but shouldn't TOR be less buggy engine-wise since it's 2012 and not 2001 or whenever WoW launched.

You'd expect with the technology available these days, you could easily have AA, Multi-core support etc.
People will tell you it (SWTOR) is only a couple of weeks old, it's not like it's been in development for 7 years or anything (oh wait).

Breeti
01.16.2012 , 07:57 AM | #7
It happens with any game. When people are disappointed they are more likely to express the disappointment. When people are satisfied they are more likely to just be quiet and enjoy what they have.
Have they fixed Ability Delay?

Morpheous
01.16.2012 , 07:58 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Reckjam View Post

... You do understand how software development works right? There will always be bugs, thats unavoidable things will always happen that you cant account for or predict. That is the reason why every content cycle new bugs are introduced to WoW and have to be squashed.

Be happy that Bioware is actually fixing them.

As for AA, Multi-core support these things require resources to be dedicated to them by the team, and likely were not a top level priority for launch. They will more than likely be addressed in the future.
"There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

PalawaJoko
01.16.2012 , 07:59 AM | #9

It's with every MMO. You should always keep some popcorn ready.
..{⋤⋥}_________+
../ΞΞ/‾|└‾⌋_/\∏∏∏/
./Ξ/
"You can run, but you'll only die tired."

Fraxture
01.16.2012 , 07:59 AM | #10

The world is full of individuals who want their 15 minutes..to go on forever.
Infamy is remembered longer than courtesy.

I know people are upset.
There are things I would like fixed.

But I understand things take time, and to give others the respect and courtesy to perform those functions.

That's why I have been married 22 years and have 4 kids I get along great with.

Louis C.K said it best, look him up.
Cannot post his material here of course, but it mainly revolves around how the people in the world feel like they are entitled to everything, and how wrong they are.
Fix the FPS issues in SWTOR!!!! SWTOR Tech Thread