Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

About the different lightsaber sounds

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
About the different lightsaber sounds

kanezfan
01.03.2012 , 10:09 AM | #1
Why is it so hard to find one that has a deeper sound like the ones in the movies and other Star Wars game, especially on ignition and shutdown? I find a lot are too "hissy" and high pitched. Some I've gotten from lvl 30+ flashpoints barely have more of a quick "thwomp" ignition sound and barely any hum.

I know this isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things but lightsabers are a really iconic thing in Star Wars and I've never heard ones that sounded like these, or if I did, they couldn't have deviated this much from the familiar movie sound as I've noticed it before.

It would be like Harley-Davidson motorcycles all of sudden sounding like Yamaha bikes. I don't know.

Does anyone know where I can get an orange quality main hand saber that sounds like the movie sabers?

kanezfan
01.03.2012 , 10:36 AM | #2
bump because this forum moves too fast

Darth_Rathus
01.03.2012 , 10:41 AM | #3
I noticed that my first lightsaber is the ONLY one that sounds like the movie version. I wish ALL subsequent lightsabers sounded that way.

kanezfan
01.03.2012 , 05:03 PM | #4
evening crowd help me

FalconDroid
01.03.2012 , 05:04 PM | #5
Bounty Hunter, reporting in.
On'dru Ibex / Mind Games - Sith Empire

veevito
01.03.2012 , 05:08 PM | #6
Yeah, my first one sounds just like what I consider "movie like".

However, even in the movies the sounds were somewhat different from scene to scene. Just watching Return of the Jedi the other day and the way Luke's sounded when he turned himself into Vader sounded much different than others in the movies (higher pitch). Or even his from other scenes.

Maybe i'm losing it. I guess i'd have to be to even pay attention to such things.
How shall I ever understand this world? There is nothing on which it is so hard as poverty, and yet, there is nothing it condemns with such severity as the pursuit of wealth.

-Scrooge

Kairth
01.06.2012 , 09:41 AM | #7
In the game, it's based off the quality of the lightsaber. I actually didn't even notice the difference until I got my Champion Stalker Double-Bladed Lightsaber. Just comparing that one to my previous one, the sound became a bit higher pitched and more focused with the higher tier one.

kanezfan
01.06.2012 , 09:46 AM | #8
I don't know, I got one from a quest I did on alderaan as a bonus mission, I was in my late 30s I think and I finally got one that sounded right.

Thurinor
01.06.2012 , 09:52 AM | #9
Try the Fusion Core Lightsaber from Coruscant commendations.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{█████████████████████████)
The Dark Lord Of Peww Peww

Wraiven
01.08.2012 , 07:33 PM | #10
I agree. Started a thread earlier about this very thing, but for some odd reason I could not respond to the replies I was getting in there. I heard some really hair brained responses in there too. People acting as if there is no difference other than pitch with the sound of the lightsabers. The sounds are *nothing* like a lightsaber I ever heard, and it drives me nuts. I am stuck with the saber we get at level ten, because no other lightsaber has that original sound. I don't mind pitch changes, not one bit, but to completely change the sound all together is just uncalled for IMO.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-