Game Update 7.1 Known Issues

CommunityTeam

• Dev Post

Notes:

• Use Ctrl+F and keyword to check if the bug you encounter is a known issue.
  • The list is actively updated with new issues reported.

UNDER INVESTIGATION

• Level sync/bolster across various content of the game
  • The team is investigating why Companions are underperforming in level synced content.
  • Players can't defeat Darth Malgus in Ruins of Nul Flashpoint - Story Mode. Thread.
    • Our team is currently investigating the issue. Current workaround: Stick to the outer perimeter of the fight (by the stone path but not beyond the pillars) when Malgus uses the Relentless Assault Ability.

DO NOT CRAFT MISSILE BACKBLAST

• As intended the Missile Backblast was removed from players and vendors' inventory with Game Update 7.1, however, it is still possible to acquire, learn, and craft the Missile Backblast with the corresponding schematic (Biochem Tactical 1).
    • We recommend that players do not craft the Missile Backblast Tactical as this schematic will be removed in a future update.

ENDLESS LOADING SCREEN

• Players can encounter an endless loading screen when logging into the game the first time after an account status change (i.e. F2P to Subscriber or Subscriber to Preferred).
    • The team is currently looking into this bug. In the meantime, to pass this endless loading screen, players need to close the game with ALT+F4 and launch it again.

---------- KNOWN ISSUES GAME UPDATE 7.1 ----------

Full list of patch notes is available here: Game Update 7.1.

• NEW - Players can be stuck in a cinematic loop at the end of Ruins of Nul Flashpoint.
  • NEW - Mission teleports are failing during the Imperial Manaan Crit Path. The character is not sent to the correct location after being polymorphed or between quest steps.
    • Workaround: Travel to Stronghold or leave the area and use "Launch button".

[*]NEW - The blast door at the "Claim the Ion Cannon Controls" step of the Republic Manaan Crit Path is not opening, preventing players from progressing in the Mission.

• Workaround: Relog in front of the door or leave the area and use "Launch" button.

[*]NEW - Players can appear as dead after a wipe in Operations. Thread.

[*]NEW - 7.1 Posters such as Colonel Gallo, Shae Vizla, Dark Descent, and Legacy of the Sith Posters are not lit up like other posters.

[*]Commander Qrukk use the wrong name when addressing the player's character at the end of "A Conservative Proposal" Mission. Thread.

[*]Players are stuck on the ground after interacting with the artifacts in Digging Deeper. Thread and Thread.

[*]Bugs on the Malgus's Rebreather Mask. Thread.

• Lights on Malgus's Rebreather Mask are not removed when selecting the "hide head slot" option.
    • Lights on Malgus's Rebreather Mask appear white instead of red.

[*]Explorer of Manaan Achievement cannot be completed. Thread.

[*]The Login Window appears empty when opened before a cinematic. This bug affects all characters when they log in for the first time.

[*]Mobs can get under the map without dying during the Lady Dominique encounter in R-4 Anomaly Operation.

[*]The Lucky Pritarr Mount is clipping with characters with Male and Female Body Type 4.

[*]Kira Carsen’s ears is clipping with her hair during the first cutscene of Digging Deeper.

[*]Group Finder shows the wrong group role after switching Loadouts.

[*]There is no pop-up description when hovering over the Accuracy stats in the details window in the Character Sheet, Companion window, and Gear window.

[*]The stats in the details window are not updated when selecting a new companion or the character.

[*]The "Unify Colors" button is not working properly for companions who can't equip headgear.

[*]The "Headstrong Apprentice's Chestpiece" stretches in the character sheet window.

[*]Players are doing the same damage to Inferno Enforcers while inside or outside of their “Deflection Routine” area of effect.

[*]Progression is not tracked within the Legendary Items Achievements when equipping a Secondary Implant.

---------- BUGS CURRENTLY TRACKED BY THE TEAM ----------

GENERAL

• NEW - Darker skin tones become paler at Dark V Alignment when compared to all previous Skin Tones on Human, Cyborg, and Zabrak species.
  • Some of the Heroic Missions can only be progressed by the phase owner when played as a group. Thread.
  • Claiming currency rewards from Galactic Seasons 2 mails while at cap will delete them.
  • Hands appear without texture (in black) in the Preview window and cutscenes when equipping the Valkorion's Royal Gauntlets. Thread.
  • The game crashes when 2 Fractured Ashla Lightsabers are added to the outfit at the same time. Workaround: Add one lightsaber at a time. Thread and Thread.
  • Completing Personal Conquest during a GSF match doesn't give charge for the Technological Advancements Mission. Thread
  • Not every Operation terminal is offering the new Operation Weekly Missions after the weekly reset. Some Operation terminals are still offering the old weeklies. Thread.
  • Players on Dantooine don't get their level shifted to the mobs level on the planet. Thread.
  • Boss abilities that are supposed to target the nearest player are not working as intended in several Operations. Thread.
  • When stamping a weapon in the outfitter, the damage values of a character in "Character details" will be changed to 0 for base damage. Thread.
    • This is purely visual within the character sheet. Effective in-game damage is unaffected.

[*]While in a PvP instance, inspecting a player of the opposite faction on your team shows your faction inside the window.

[*]Items' visual effects are visible for all the outfitter slots even for ones where the item is not present after the player logs out and back in.

[*]Hovering over items of vendors’ inventory is not highlighting the item or opening the item tooltip.

Thread

[*]Any items that follow the player’s character may display visual issues when first summoned. This bug applies to the following items:

• Darth Malgus’s Command Chamber Mount
    • B-44 Marshal Mount

• The team is targeting a fix for this bug in a future patch. In the meantime, players simply need to resummon those items to resolve the issue.

[*]The PTS 318 Gear vendor is visible on the Fleet mini-map Republic Side. Thread.

[*]Despite being removed from the game since Game Update 7.0, Fanged God Form tactical item still appears in the requirements of the Spoils of War: Jedi Sentinel/Sith Marauder Achievement. Thread and Thread.

[*]Guild Heraldry and Guild information are not correctly displayed when inspected. Thread

[*]NEW - Scrapper Scoundrel's active Ability "Shank Shot" doesn't apply any debuff while "The Best Defense" or "Setup Shot" mods are selected. Thread.

[*]Opening the Galaxy Map is showing the player’s character or companion for a few frames.

[*]Values in tooltips for Abilities do not update to their level-synced values.

[*]Creating a boosted character using a Commander’s Character Token will result in having only a couple abilities in the hotbar.

[*]The unsheathe weapon animation in the Combat Style does not reflect the selected Combat Style faction.

[*]Droids on Manaan cannot be harvested with the Scavenging Crew skill.

[*]Before looting, if a group member is out of range of a Group Loot, the loot will be distributed to another group member in the loot window. Returning to within range will cause the loot to be properly redistributed to the correct member in the loot window.

[*]The opening text crawl (prologue cinematic) is missing for new characters.

[*]The visual effect of the High Roller Shades (Nar Shaddaa Nightlife reward) disappears after certain cinematics.

[*]Players with a full inventory will not be able to claim Cartel Coins Rewards Level.

[*]Players are able to go through textures by using the “Charging In” Ability on an enemy close to a texture in Shroud of Memory.

[*]The Dye module slot tooltip is reversed with the Amplifier slot in the Modification window.

WINDOW

• The Activity window tab hotkey shortcut is missing.
  • There is an empty box next to the Customization Appearance slot for some companions in the Companion window.
  • The Malgus’ Command Chamber is not centered when viewed in the Preview window.

COMPANIONS

• Companions are shown with weapons in the Companion window even if there is no weapon equipped.
  • Companion’s stats don’t change when selecting another role on the Ship.
  • Master Ranos' customizations can't be unlocked in the Collections. Thread.

CURRENCIES

• Currencies cannot be linked in Chat.

CHARACTER SHEET

• The character camera in the Preview window cannot be dragged.
  • Players can encounter visual issues in the Character Sheet resulting in blocks of randomly colored pixels.
  • Iokath polymorphs are clipping with the character in the Character Sheet.
  • The Loadout Update pop-up window becomes unresponsive after closing the Character Sheet window.

ITEMS

• The holster of the Ancient Force-Imbued Blade is misplaced after a phase change. Thread. Thread. Thread.
  • The Rocket Boost visual effect of the Havoc Squad Armor Set is detached from the character. Thread.
  • Multiple Underworld Exchange Armor sets and weapons can't be unlocked in Collections. Thread
  • Deconstructing items from the Material Inventory, GTN, mail, and player trade does not grant Augment Slot Components. Thread.
    • Workaround: Augment slots are granted if the player crafts one item of the same type and merges the stacks.

[*]Upgrading gear with Augments or Dyes via vendor trade-in destroys those gear mods if they are not removed prior to upgrading.

[*]Dispatcher Package Legendary Implant for Sith Marauder/Jedi Sentinel is not affecting Massacre/Blade Rush causing one discipline to not get full effect of the Implant.

[*]The proc indicators (glowing borders) of the following Abilities: “Rail Shot”, “Mag Shot”, and “Emergency Scan” are not present after activating Supercharged Gas.

[*]Juvenile Rancors pets can't be unlocked in the Collections.

[*]Steadfast Master's Robes bug:

• The fingers of the Steadfast Master's gloves are rendering black when previewed or during cutscenes. Thread
    • There is a thin line on the right leg of the Steadfast Master's Leggings. Thread
    • The character's hands disappear when wearing the Steadfast Master's Gloves with the Revered Master's Robes. Thread

MISSIONS

• Lieutenant Xorem doesn't appear on Ord Mantell for several players. Thread.
  • The Anti-rad Injector is removed from the Mission inventory when the "Black Hole" Daily Mission is auto-completing. This bug is preventing players from completing the Mission without taking damage unless they use Quick Travel.
  • There is a typo in the Mission tracker steps of the "Deep Trouble" Bonus Mission.
  • The VO of the Female Sith Warrior on Manaan is not matching the subtitles in one scene - Imperial Side.
  • The “Technological Advancements” Mission is not scaled with the character’s level - Imperial characters.
  • Players can't use their ability bar after being polymorphed into a Droid during the Manaan Storyline - Imperial. Preventing them from progressing in the Mission storyline. Thread.
    • Current workaround: Click on CTRL+U twice to reload the Interface.

• Current workaround: Transport to the Fleet and launch the Mission again.

[*]There are discrepancies in Zenith's outfits in the Relentless Ambitions Mission. Thread

FLASHPOINTS

• The Proximity Blaster Ability in Ruins of Nul Flashpoint is missing its visual effect.
  • One player receives Isotopes Stabilizers twice after defeating the final boss in Depths of Manaan Flashpoint - Master Mode.
  • After defeating the first boss, players that are in a party are unable to interact with the terminal making them unable to progress through “The Eternal Championship: Solo+” Flashpoint.

OPERATIONS

• Isotope Stabilizers unintentionally drop the same quantity for Operations in Story, Veteran, and Master Modes.
  • The same amount of Isotope Stabilizers is dropped for 16p and 8p difficulties.

GALACTIC SEASONS

• Season Objectives appear as Conquest Objectives in chat.

CLASSES

• Guard and Shatter Slug Abilities appear twice in the quickbar when the “Heavy Flamethrower” ability is selected.

LOADOUTS

• There is no warning message when attempting to sell items saved in a Loadout.
  • The Character Model in the preview does not update/refresh to reflect the correct Outfitter appearance when switching between Loadouts in the Loadout tab of the Character Sheet.
  • When changing Discipline, a warning dialogue does not specify the name of the Loadout affected.
  • Activating a Loadout with saved broken gear will fail to equip it on the character and no warning message will be displayed.

EVENTS

• THE ALL WORLDS ULTIMATE SWOOP RALLY
    • It is not possible to complete the Blatant Beks, Horizon’s Razors, and Pit Screamers Perfection Achievement on Tatooine and Onderon. Thread

FEAST OF PROSPERITY

• The claim button is missing in the Collections for all unlocked Event Emotes making Legacy characters unable to use the Emotes unless they are bought again.
    • When throwing the Nexy Tongue on the grill in the Cooking Mini-game, players need to throw it below the indicator instead of onto the grill. Thread

PVP

• There are several issues in the Voidstar Warzone:
    • The round timer is ending before it runs out resulting in an early end of the match.
    • Defenders can be pulled back over the bridge after respawning on the other side.

[*]Characters that use Phase Walk (Sith Sorcerer/Jedi Sage) are sent back to the cast position if Force Push (Sith Juggernaut/Jedi Guardian) reaches them in-between the cast and the teleport of Phase Walk.

STEAM - BITRAIDER

• Players on Steam and Bitraider will not be able to see SWTOR's new trailer "Disorder" in-game. It will be made available in our next build.
    • In the meantime, you can watch it

Edited by CommunityTeam

how come there is still no fix for the CTRL+G keybind for group finder? the whole keybind was removed with 7.0 so we cant even bind it to different keys and its still not fixed. its something that i keep pressing every day only to realize its still not fixed as i fumble around trying to find the actual button to press in order to open GF. can u please finally address this? Edited by Darittha

EDIT: I see this post was edited and the note was removed, so I decided to edit my post as well. Hopefully was just a copy/paste error and the issue has now been fixed. I will check it out later when I get off work. Cheers

2nd EDIT:

Color crystals still do not work in pvp level sync / bolster.

Within Rishi stronghold, adding a +41 Crit crystal to my mainhand or offhand does nothing. Crit points remain the same. No stats added, makes no difference if it is equipped or empty.

Purple augments work great now, but Blues (276) are still a little messed up in pvp level sync / bolster.

Within Rishi stronghold, my Crit rating is 2419. Adding a single blue 276 crit aug should add +95 Crit points, +126 Power, and +126 Endurance. Instead, it only adds +86 Crit, +114 Power, and +119 Endurance. So in other words, the blue augs are stealth nerfed by -9 Crit, -12 Power, and -7 Endurance. Go purple or go home. I'm way too broke to have any gold augs to test.

P.S. Technically the purple 286 augs grant an extra +8 Endurance (should be +144, ACTUAL +152). But the power is OK and the tertiary (crit) is OK.

P.P.S. I'm kind of annoyed that I spent the evening being a bug tester, so I hope this is useful to somebody. :rolleyes:

Edited by teclado
  • Like 1

A long list of broken things for a new SMALL update...

(sigh)

Also:

Only reputation counter rewards for the new Manaan Daily Area.

No gear counter rewards whatsoever.

And don't get me started how dull the areas are...and now with no rewards other than some reputation counter also?

Hard pass.

Also:

Raising gear level and sticking to the choking Gear Token Limits for the weekly still?

This is even more vexing.

Especially if you got Alts.

Finally get rid of this choke point or at least raise the laugable low setting for the weekly settings, Devs!

So far I am not impressed.

If we got this LONG list of broken things for a small update like this I shudder to think about the buggy state of further content they implied incoming soon.

Where "soon" is a relative thing as we got August and there was this much promoted "Year of Star Wars" which has fallen flat and crashed rather spectacularly..

So far content-wise this "year long celebration with new content" is just...non-existent and still full of bugs to an astonishing amount that clearly opens up the question:

Is the remaining rump team of Devs in any way able to deliver any kind of REAL content?

When you use Hyde and Zeek to make purple mods are you only supposed to get Enhancements or are you supposed to get armoring and mods as well?

Is it a bug? I'm asking because when I used them I only got purple Enhancements. I didn't get any hilts, armoring, or mod.

But when I had them make blue mods I got Enhancements, hilts, armoring, and mod.

When you use Hyde and Zeek to make purple mods are you only supposed to get Enhancements or are you supposed to get armoring and mods as well?

Is it a bug? I'm asking because when I used them I only got purple Enhancements. I didn't get any hilts, armoring, or mod.

But when I had them make blue mods I got Enhancements, hilts, armoring, and mod.

Same issue here, I presumed it was a bug since there doesn't appear to be any other way to unlock the armouring and mods for artifact 330.

I am surprised no one has reported this bug issue. On Ilum a voice came up and the button to expose stealth droids appeared. Yet in the Conquest missions list there is nothing showing on a mission to get Conquest points for killing/destroying these stealth droids. I reported it in-game and the response was that is was a bug and that Customer Service is unable to do anything about the bug. The person did say to report it on here basically. So I am reporting this issue. Edited by SkyeDevarian

ITEMS

• The holster of the Ancient Force-Imbued Blade is misplaced after a phase change. Thread. Thread. Thread.
  • The Rocket Boost visual effect of the Havoc Squad Armor Set is detached from the character. Thread.
  • Multiple Underworld Exchange Armor sets and weapons can't be unlocked in Collections. Thread
  • Deconstructing items from the Material Inventory, GTN, mail, and player trade does not grant Augment Slot Components. Thread.
    • Workaround: Augment slots are granted if the player crafts one item of the same type and merges the stacks.

[*]Upgrading gear with Augments or Dyes via vendor trade-in destroys those gear mods if they are not removed prior to upgrading.

[*]Dispatcher Package Legendary Implant for Sith Marauder/Jedi Sentinel is not affecting Massacre/Blade Rush causing one discipline to not get full effect of the Implant.

[*]The proc indicators (glowing borders) of the following Abilities: “Rail Shot”, “Mag Shot”, and “Emergency Scan” are not present after activating Supercharged Gas.

[*]Juvenile Rancors pets can't be unlocked in the Collections.

[*]Steadfast Master's Robes bug:

• The fingers of the Steadfast Master's gloves are rendering black when previewed or during cutscenes. Thread
    • There is a thin line on the right leg of the Steadfast Master's Leggings. Thread
    • The character's hands disappear when wearing the Steadfast Master's Gloves with the Revered Master's Robes. Thread

There appears to be at least 1 item bug missing. It is a visual only bug but, the strap tuning connects the straps to the ground between my feet on my "fortitude" blasters. As comical as it is, it is a bit of a visual bug.

Please... am I the only one who has visual issues about speeders, jetpacks and legacy rocket boost ??

I made a post about it :

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10042774#post10042774

I made several bug reports, a ticket (the answer I got is that I must do a bug report... I already did that) and this whole major visual bug is ruining a bit the experience right now. :(

PS: sorry for my english, it's not my native language, I apologize for my mistakes

I don't know if this is because of the new patch but I am getting the message "You do not meet the requirements to purchase this item" when I try to purchase Mandalorian-Marked Package (Shae Vizla). I puzzled by this because one of my other characters was able to buy this before 7.1.

Nothing has been added about the breaking of loadouts pulling gear from the legacy bank or cargo hold. We used to be able to pull gear when changing loadouts purely by being within range of the bank. Then it was changed so we had to open the legacy bank first. And now it's not pulling anything at all. Is this intentional? It was one of the best features of the new loadout system and now it's broken.

[bUG]

LotS - Mission: Fortification @ the Imperial Kolto Mining Facility

When attempting to remotely pilot the Droid Heavy Lift Forklift to move the sea mine to the 'Airlock Door'; upon completion player character is suddenly dropped into the storage room and locked inside with no ability to exit.

And because this doesn't look to have been designed for player characters to ever be on the cargo side of the loading dock, the ramps/stairs have invisible walls, making the doors unapproachable and which themselves can not be interacted with.

Steps Attempted to Resolve:

• /stuck does not resolve

• Logging out and back in also does not resolve

• Quick Travel does not resolve (No quick travel terminal? on this map available at this stage)

• Priority Transport: Personal Starship -- RESOVLED (no longer stuck - but then have to 'Launch' the Fortification Mission again and character is returned to the terminal that had already operated the Heavy Lift Droid)

*(Personal Note: I literally held off playing LotS story until today when the 7.1a patch fixed what I assumed was the last remaining bugs; a quick travel terminal on this map would have resolved any need for leaving the instance and having to restart; but that aside its crazy that every story update there are bugs that break the story experience; really disappointing particularly after waiting months to experience the LotS story)

Edited by Kass

Transition between Mission: Fortification and Mission: Restoration seems broken -

Cut scene triggers and shows arrival to platform via submersible; however once cut-scene concludes the player character spawns just outside the command room where Colonel Korrd is located on the Imperial Kolto Mining Facility.

To proceed on to the Restoration mission the player must 'Launch' the mission as though they had discontinued game play.

[bUG]

Manaan - Mission: Restoration - Location: Shipping Docks

The Republic Transport is missing

After defeating all enemies and reaching the mission designated platform the republic transport is simply not there. The ship is not rendering and is invisible - character occlusion occurs, while stealthed, on the spot where the Transport should render.

Logging Out and Logging Back in Resloves

Edited by Kass

Manaan: Ruins of Nul transition is broken from completion of previous mission.

*(Previous bug necessitating Priority Transport: Personal Starship and then landing back on Manaan unlocks the first Quick Travel (QT) Terminals - Utilizing the QT ability to travel to that point, then utilize the Taxi Droid to go back to the instance start point to pick up the mission sequence for LotS: Ruins of Nul)

Edited by Kass