Fight mechanics based on position not working as intended

_Sinrai_

Hello there,

Since the update 7.0.2 I have seen multiple occasions where operation boss fight mechanics that are based on a players position are not working as intended.

Below I compiled a list of everything that I've seen/heard of so far. I added some videos/images that show the bug in action. (Links are taken from community discords, thx go to the uploaders)

- EC Stormcaller Double Destruction targets players not between Stormcaller and Tank.

https://imgur.com/a/FlRRfJz

- TfB Kephess Orbs go on other players.

- TfB Operator IX Deletion protocol on seemingly random players. (Still does the animation).

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScaryTriumphantStapleJonCarnage-dbPlYy1pla1Q5_S4

- SnV Styrak Lighting Manifestations not attacking players in their proximity.

- KP Karagga Unstable Energy pulls in seemingly random players. (See other forum post)

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1005675

Since there seems to be something fundamentally wrong here, I excpet there to be way more instances where this bug occours.

I also see this as a gamebreaking bug where some operations are not playable at this point in time. So I hope for a quick fix.

Also saw every Link from this Thread and also got another Problem with Cartell Warlords with Sunder targeting random after his cast but got no Link for it. This needs to be fixed fast otherwise it is just not fun to play Edited by Capitanspock

- KP Karagga Unstable Energy pulls in seemingly random players. (See other forum post)

Pretty sure that one's behaving as-intended. If it lands on someone close to the tank the tank can be pulled. The others you listed are definitely bugged, though.

Also got another Problem with Cartell Warlords with Sunder targeting random after his cast but got no Link for it. This needs to be fixed fast otherwise it is just not fun to play

Are you sure you're kiting Sunder correctly? The Fixate cast makes him target someone in close range, so the tank would need to taunt him back. I've seen a few groups recently that are running Sunder all the way around the entire room instead of only using the back half of the area, so they come into very close proximity with the rest of the group during Fixate.

Edited by Crystal_Mind

Pretty sure that one's behaving as-intended. If it lands on someone close to the tank the tank can be pulled. The others you listed are definitely bugged, though.

I've had it pull people to the tank, which is definitively not as-intended.

At this point I'd say we can safely assume any proximity-based targeting is shagged.

I've had it pull people to the tank, which is definitively not as-intended.

At this point I'd say we can safely assume any proximity-based targeting is shagged.

I've seen that on Karraga many times over the years. That is a mechanic that is working as intended. As for the other Ops bosses I've never seen that happen prior to this patch.

I've seen that on Karraga many times over the years. That is a mechanic that is working as intended. As for the other Ops bosses I've never seen that happen prior to this patch.

It's an ability called Unstable Energy that pulls the group towards the player affected by the ability. Karagga has never pulled players directly into his person.

In 8man mode the three closest players are pulled to the one getting the debuff,

With 7.02 the tank now can be pulled into the camp where healers and range dps stay away from the boss even if there are several mdps in between them, that should not happen, especially not when the tank actually is the player that is the farthest away from the pull location since everyone else should be pulled before them. You can kill boss nonetheless but it's still rather annoying.

Great that this is being looked at and hopefully it'll be fixed rather quickly.

Edited by Khaleijo

It's an ability called Unstable Energy that pulls the group towards the player affected by the ability. Karagga has never pulled players directly into his person.

I have seen the tank get it personally (since I was tanking), and group mates pulled to me. I've also seen a DPS get it, and I as the tank got pulled. This is not a bug, it's working as intended.

Edited by Toraak

To be honest I'm not sure but I assume that the flowers were broken even before the hotfix. Things targeting players based on proximity was broken that that's what flowers do: give a buff to players who stand close enough. If location is broken, flowers don't give anything.

True. At the time I posted I was curious because the hotfix for prox mechanics broke a bunch of other things (...and subsequently got reverted).

True. At the time I posted I was curious because the hotfix for prox mechanics broke a bunch of other things (...and subsequently got reverted).

We actually tested it today and the flowers work. So I guess it was the hotfix.

Are you sure you're kiting Sunder correctly? The Fixate cast makes him target someone in close range, so the tank would need to taunt him back. I've seen a few groups recently that are running Sunder all the way around the entire room instead of only using the back half of the area, so they come into very close proximity with the rest of the group during Fixate.

Can absolutely confirm this was broken. I was healing this yesterday and was one of the furthest people from Sunder and he ran all the way across the room to me, ignoring the melee dps and other people standing in front of me.