Top 96 PvP Rewards

JackieKo

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

We're looking into the reports regarding the top 96 rewards and titles that were issued out. Thank you to the players who have reached out. I don't have an update to share right now, but the team is currently investigating the discrepancies that players are reporting. When we have more info, I'll update this thread.

To panhandle for extra rewards....

I'd complain if you got two sets of rewards. That's lunacy.

I'm pretty sure when the galactic seasons broke, they had to pull enormous amounts of player data to work out what had happened and how to proceed. This did take 'a few days', but they did it.

Something similar has to be done here, surely.

I don't spend my sweat. blood and tears grinding tokens just so you can get months and months worth of tokens for nothing. And it is for nothing, if you get round 2. Idc if its for skins.

Special care should be taken here to ensure players only get what they deserve and lose what they don't.

Its got to happen that way to some degree, may as well commit.

Edited by PVPsage

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
Hi everyone,

We're looking into the reports regarding the top 96 rewards and titles that were issued out. Thank you to the players who have reached out. I don't have an update to share right now, but the team is currently investigating the discrepancies that players are reporting. When we have more info, I'll update this thread.

Hi everyone,

Here’s an update on the Top 96 Rewards that were distributed to PvP players last month. To recap, the rewards and titles were distributed and players were reporting that there were discrepancies in what was received/not received in conjunction with what was shown on the PvP Leaderboards. We have found that the data displayed publicly on the leaderboards were not updated to reflect the true rankings of the Ranked PvP game mode. This is due to the fact that some players were disqualified throughout the season or ineligible from placing on the leaderboard post season end.

As the leaderboards were not updated to reflect these removals, we understand why players were confused about why they received the rewards they did or why they received none at all. The majority of the top rewards have already been distributed accurately, and a handful of backfill rewards are incoming. We are working to get the few remaining rewards distributed when 7.0.2 is deployed.

Thank you for your patience as the team investigated this matter.

Hi everyone,

Here’s an update on the Top 96 Rewards that were distributed to PvP players last month. To recap, the rewards and titles were distributed and players were reporting that there were discrepancies in what was received/not received in conjunction with what was shown on the PvP Leaderboards. We have found that the data displayed publicly on the leaderboards were not updated to reflect the true rankings of the Ranked PvP game mode. This is due to the fact that some players were disqualified throughout the season or ineligible from placing on the leaderboard post season end.

As the leaderboards were not updated to reflect these removals, we understand why players were confused about why they received the rewards they did or why they received none at all. The majority of the top rewards have already been distributed accurately, and a handful of backfill rewards are incoming. We are working to get the few remaining rewards distributed when 7.0.2 is deployed.

Hey Jackie, this doesn't make sense. You sent out at least four Top 3 rewards for Solo Ranked Mercenary this season instead of three. Here is a picture showing myself with the three rewards on my characters: https://imgur.com/a/uiKpQNF . In addition, here is a fourth player who recieved the Top 3 reward for Solo Ranked Mercenary accidentally: https://imgur.com/a/Bd59mPw

This directly contradicts what you stated above. While I am fine with people accidentally receiving rewards they didn't earn, I am not fine with you guys making things up to put this matter to rest. This is only one example and I'm certain players from the other classes could provide you more information that many more mistakes were made.

I want to suggest a solution that could make amends with the players: Send out an additional reward box to each player with accuracy this time, and here's why. For Season 14 of Ranked PvP, you guys at Bioware accidentally created two completely different articles with completely different rewards intended for Ranked PvP Season 14.

Here is the first article from April 26th, 2021: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20210426-0

Here is the second article from November 22nd, 2021: https://www.swtor.com/info/news/article/20211122-0

As you can see in your own posts, the titles for Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Top 96 Rewards are completely different. With this in mind, you could resend all participants of Ranked Season 14 the rewards and tokens from the April 26th, 2021 article that were never used.

To recap, doing this would be good for three reasons:

1. Give the Top 96 players a proper recognition.

2. Give all participants of Bronze, Silver, and Gold extra exclusive titles and token grants.

3. Give participants of Ranked PvP an extra "Thank You", as they had to endure an extremely long, 10-month season, and are being neglected until patch 7.2 for PvP changes, which will not be released for a very long time.

Some of the players that did get "suspended" received Top3 on a different, lower rated, character of the same class.

Explain how this makes sense if you disqualified him? You only DQ one of his toons but not all of them? At this point I don't get why you just do it by hand, it takes 5 minutes. Everyone can look this up we could just give you the list and people would complain if its not correct.

This is... honestly just embarrassing. I get this is doesn't affect a lot of players and it shouldn't be the top priority. But people being DQ'd and thats why they didn't receive rewards is just straight up not true.

Example:

This character received Top3: https://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611689950669113292

But this one didn't: https://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611689178016131843

Ok sure the 2nd one I linked got DQ'd with 1250 elo, already makes little sense but they are also the same player. This cannot be THIS difficult.

What "team" investigated this issue? Was it one person? Was it several? Did they even read any of the feedback about what actually happened here? If so, what methods did they use to investigate?

I suggest you ask these questions internally, because the level of incompetence on display here is staggering. There are people at Bioware just straight up not doing their jobs. The fact that players are subjected to this nonsense as paying subscribers is nothing short of disgraceful.

And to echo what prum said, if you want to whine about the player base being "respectful" in our feedback, you should seriously consider respecting the player base in the first instance. We are paying YOU, not the other way around.

As others have posted already, your post and the reality don't add up.

So either

a) The team that investigated this matter didn't investigate properly,

or b) The team investigated properly but the communication between you and them was not, resulting in this post not addressing the issue.

Jackie,

I think you havent been well informed about what happened.

They delivered top 3 rewards to people that didnt even accomplished the requirements for it. In some cases, you gave more than 3 rewards, I think it was 5-6 on some classes, such as sentinel or mercenary. And some people got it with really low rating -1040-, which doesnt even qualify as bronze, and is way under the rest of the players that actually qualified.

The issue with top 3 rewards is SEVERE, in my opinion. It only shows the lack of interest or effort that devs are putting into this gamemode. This mistake is literally based on not even checking the leaderboards propperly, which affected players that put a lot of effort into it. Seasons take one year at least, and means spending so much time into the game by waiting for ranked to pop. Is not acceptable, in my point of view, that you guys created this mess. "Is just a title in a not relevant gamemode" some people could say, but the fact that you have to spend so much time, getting the amount of wins to even qualify for it -160 wins, and which was raised after season 12-, for you guys to not even deliver the rewards to the people that did that kind of effort is really dissapointing and, again, shows how little you guys care about ranked.

I love solo ranked, always had, but I will be honest. If you dont care, really dont care about it, just make 4 v 4 arenas as an option and remove ranked entirely. And Im saying this as a person that has spent so much time in ranked, and I love it. This kind of lack of interest is doing nothing but making people mad about this company, and they have REALLY good reasons to feel that way.

Edited by alasamaya

Hi everyone,

These statements aren't corresponding with reality. You gave platinum scoundrel to a top 6 scoundrel while there are 5 scoundrels over him on the leaderboards, at least 4 of which weren't banned/reseted and were qualified for platinum. Yet they all were skipped. You also gave a top 8 commando platinum reward by literally skipping 7 commando players :eek::rak_02: and there is no confirmed banned commando player among those 7 but you still gave rewards to a top 8 commando by skipping all eligible players above :rak_04:

No one will believe it has anything with banns or disqualifications.

Edited by omaan

This is literally not about what we want.... Most of us have come to the realization that rewards aren't going to be fixed.

This is about them lying to us to cover up their mistake. It is ok to make a mistake, it is not ok to lie about that mistake and make up some ******** excuse so that you don't need to fix it.

It's pretty clear the process to award Top 3s failed this season, and rather than taking accountability and getting rewards to the people who qualified, we get this from BW. Easily the most disingenuous gold post related to PVP I've ever seen. Edited by EnzoForMe

It's pretty clear the process to award Top 3s failed this season, and rather than taking accountability and getting rewards to the people who qualified, we get this from BW. Easily the most disingenuous gold post related to PVP I've ever seen.

I wouldnt say that only the process to award top 3s failed. Is the whole system around ranked pvp what is failing. They didnt ban the biggest thrower in the history of the game, for the first time in any season. This person is on Satele Shan, throwing since 2013, but I cant mention the name here. It also failed because every single report about any wintrader had no effect. You can send many reports to the email linked in the pvp forums, and you know, for a fact, that nothing will happen. No investigation at all. Same with people hacking. You posted a video about it, and we know nothing happened as well. You only rely on that people getting banned "if they say a bad word in chat".

It feels like playing football without a referee, to be honest. So, in general, the problem is bigger than just the process of granting a top 3. Is related to ALL ranked PVP aspects: Police it, read reports, deliver rewards, incentives. I have said this before, but if you will have a competition and you dont care about it, meaning you dont put any effort on it, just dont have any competition.

The ideal for me would be that the company starts caring about ranked again, because I really enjoy it. But being realistic, this wont happen. If that is the case, Bioware just need to remove the gamemode completely.

Edited by alasamaya

Hi everyone,

Even if I were to take this explanation at face value, which I don't.......this implies that the leaderboards cannot be trusted as the primary source for gauging top 96 progress. If players gunning for top 96 cannot trust the leaderboards, how will they know if they quality until rewards are given out?

Though I guess the vacuous 'backfill rewards' is a way to hedge against players who make too much noise

Well, I've read some real bovine fecal matter before, but this takes the cake.

If the scoreboard doesn't show "the true results", then either show the real one, or suck it up and reward the people as the board said.

None of this horse pucky with a list only you see and maintain .

Edited by DurdensWrath

i support jackie after being bullied in forum as he or she only a messenger and he deserve credit

No, somone approved this post. I have no doubt jacke didn't know she was lying, but we can tell her that this is not ok.

How can you support the devs lying, doesn't matter which one it is! Just tell us you will remove ranked in 7.2 and say you don't know what happened and that it is unlucky, that would've gotten less backlash. This is quite insulting to everyone who bothered doing 160 wins, if Top3 is around next season I wouldn't be surprised to see even less people going for it.

No, somone approved this post. I have no doubt jacke didn't know she was lying, but we can tell her that this is not ok.

How can you support the devs lying, doesn't matter which one it is! Just tell us you will remove ranked in 7.2 and say you don't know what happened and that it is unlucky, that would've gotten less backlash. This is quite insulting to everyone who bothered doing 160 wins, if Top3 is around next season I wouldn't be surprised to see even less people going for it.

she said she will take it to the programer and yes they may be screw up but they will do they can to somehow relief the mistake but to take away that have been sent out , it wont happen

same like they send out wrong mount in season 5. so let wait and protect jackie

she said she will take it to the programer and yes they may be screw up but they will do they can to somehow relief the mistake but to take away that have been sent out , it wont happen

same like they send out wrong mount in season 5. so let wait and protect jackie

They have the ability to take away top 3 rewards from people. They've done it before, so don't pretend as if that's not an option for them. You're just making excuses for devs that simply don't care about ranked pvp in their own game.

• Dev Post

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

Wanted to touch on a couple of things that players have brought up in various spaces and I hope the following points will bring some clarity to some of the confusion we are seeing with Top 96 Rewards specifically. To reiterate from an earlier post, the leaderboards have not been updated.

There was a concern about characters receiving multiple Top 3 boxes.

This is a common occurrence and has been for several seasons. Nine Eligible characters receive Top Rewards for their rankings in both Solo and Group ranked.

Why were some characters “skipped” in line of succession?

Please keep in mind the following points as these outline what makes characters eligible/ineligible. First, there is a minimum number of wins players must achieve in order to be eligible for Top Rewards. Secondly, players must have an eligible/active account e.g no major ToS violations, character is not deleted, etc…

The system is built in a way where it is intended to give out 6 Top 96 rewards for each Advanced Class, 3 going to qualified Solo Ranked characters and 3 going to qualified Group Ranked characters. For the sake of simplicity, I’m going to reference Guardians in the following example to explain how characters could appear to be “skipped” when rewards were issued.

Let’s say that I qualified for a Guardian Top Reward because I met the number of minimum wins required for Solo Ranked. However, for Group Ranked no other Guardian qualified because they did not meet the minimum required wins or were otherwise ineligible to qualify. There are now unclaimed rewards. So the system will look to reward the next highest rated Guardian who has obtained the minimum requirement of wins/is active to backfill for the unclaimed reward.If I've played some Group Ranked matches during the season, I would be eligible to receive these unclaimed Group Ranked top rewards, whereas a higher rated Solo player (that did not play any Group Ranked matches) would not.

Last point of clarification regarding what is live now.

There were several cases where there were not enough folks who qualified for Top 3 rewards in Group Ranked for their Advanced Class. In those cases, the rewards were moved over to Solo Ranked to the next valid qualifier. This is why you may notice some Advanced Classes have more than 3 winners in Solo Ranked.

I hope the above offers some insight into how rewards were distributed.

Jackie

. First, there is a minimum number of wins players must achieve in order to be eligible for Top Rewards.

However, for Group Ranked no other Guardian qualified because they did not meet the minimum required wins or were otherwise ineligible to qualify.

There were several cases where there were not enough folks who qualified for Top 3 rewards in Group Ranked for their Advanced Class.

Dontcha think perhaps this ^ is yet another indication that a) the current 'Ranked system' needs a complete overhaul ...and b) it's high time to finally bring back 8v8 'objective based' RANKED WZ's again (instead of constant boring kill kill kill only kill 4v4 ugh bleh Arenas 24/7 ) ???

Anyways, thanks for the additional reply & info Jackie. :cool:

There were several cases where there were not enough folks who qualified for Top 3 rewards in Group Ranked for their Advanced Class. In those cases, the rewards were moved over to Solo Ranked to the next valid qualifier. This is why you may notice some Advanced Classes have more than 3 winners in Solo Ranked.

Hi Jackie,

First... Thank you for your continued response on this issue. I know it can be discouraging to respond to negative posts. But we appreciate your work in following up on this issue.

Although I know this top96 distribution system is likely to be scrapped in 7.2 and this might even likely be the last season with top96 rewards, I think there are much more serious issues that need to be highlighted.

1) This top 96 distribution is new and was not communicated prior. This is the first season that players received team ranked rewards in solo ranked because they have the solo ranked wins. In the past, when there were not enough eligible team ranked top3s, the team ranked top3s were just not given out. I personally prefer the old system because as I mention below there are several problems when you cross over rewards.... but I would have settled for communication. As paying customers we expect either consistency or communication. And you offered neither.

2) And this is more in regards to the cross over, of giving team ranked top3s to solo ranked. The game modes are different. And giving out team ranked top3s for achievements in solo ranked just ignores the difference. Some players won't step foot in team ranked because they hate the gamemode. Yet they got top3s from team ranked anyways.

3) Giving out team ranked rewards to solo ranked players because they have the solo ranked wins and happened to play team ranked, literally any team ranked makes the rewards even less meaningful and competitive than they already were. Under your system, when there were not enough eligible team ranked top3s, you crossed the team ranked top3 over to any players that had 160 wins in solo ranked and more than 1 win in team ranked. In many instances, the players who got these cross over rewards only played 1-5 team ranked games. One player specifically, achieved horrible solo ranked rating, but still got a top3 because he played a 1 team ranked game. This was just horribly implemented.

https://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611689950669113292

Edited by septru

The system is built in a way where it is intended to give out 6 Top 96 rewards for each Advanced Class, 3 going to qualified Solo Ranked characters and 3 going to qualified Group Ranked characters.

[...]

Hey Jackie, this is great insight, so thank you for this. It still doesn't explain every case I've seen/heard of but that's all 3rd party information that I'm not 100% aware of it's credibility so lets not talk about that.

However I still see 2 specific major issues here:

1. Characters of "uneligible" accounts must be removed from the leaderboards. This has been a standard procedure in the past where all characters of such an account would have their MVPs and wins at 0 and their ELO at 1. There have been inconsistencies with this in past seasons aswell, especially when accounts became "uneligible" after the season had ended, but in most seasons the Leaderboards were reflective of who earned and received rewards. Going with your post, this has not been the case in season 14 at all.

2. The system you explained essentially makes the Top 3 title a Top 6 title with a twist depending on how popular a certain class is in Group Ranked. I don't wanna go into a discussion about how reasonable this is or not. My main point is, that season 14 is definitely the first season it has worked this way, and more importantly: THIS CHANGE WAS NOT COMMUNICATED.

If I've played some Group Ranked matches during the season, I would be eligible to receive these unclaimed Group Ranked top rewards, whereas a higher rated Solo player (that did not play any Group Ranked matches) would not.

I also have a big issue with this, but I'm already happy if you read and adress my two main points above. Thank you :)

Hi everyone,

Wanted to touch on a couple of things that players have brought up in various spaces and I hope the following points will bring some clarity to some of the confusion we are seeing with Top 96 Rewards specifically. To reiterate from an earlier post, the leaderboards have not been updated.

There was a concern about characters receiving multiple Top 3 boxes.

This is a common occurrence and has been for several seasons. Nine Eligible characters receive Top Rewards for their rankings in both Solo and Group ranked.

Why were some characters “skipped” in line of succession?

Please keep in mind the following points as these outline what makes characters eligible/ineligible. First, there is a minimum number of wins players must achieve in order to be eligible for Top Rewards. Secondly, players must have an eligible/active account e.g no major ToS violations, character is not deleted, etc…

The system is built in a way where it is intended to give out 6 Top 96 rewards for each Advanced Class, 3 going to qualified Solo Ranked characters and 3 going to qualified Group Ranked characters. For the sake of simplicity, I’m going to reference Guardians in the following example to explain how characters could appear to be “skipped” when rewards were issued.

Let’s say that I qualified for a Guardian Top Reward because I met the number of minimum wins required for Solo Ranked. However, for Group Ranked no other Guardian qualified because they did not meet the minimum required wins or were otherwise ineligible to qualify. There are now unclaimed rewards. So the system will look to reward the next highest rated Guardian who has obtained the minimum requirement of wins/is active to backfill for the unclaimed reward.If I've played some Group Ranked matches during the season, I would be eligible to receive these unclaimed Group Ranked top rewards, whereas a higher rated Solo player (that did not play any Group Ranked matches) would not.

I hope the above offers some insight into how rewards were distributed.

Jackie

My two characters that qualified for top 3 did not receive rewards.

https://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611689963353119257

https://www.swtor.com/leaderboards/character/4611689130226913204

In this post you mention that the leaderboards have not updated to show the true ranking of players this season and that players who were ineligible did not receive rewards. If this were the case why didn't I get an email saying I violated ToS and was ineligible for rewards? "players must have an eligible/active account e.g no major ToS violations, character is not deleted, etc" I can still access my account and did not delete any of my characters.......the same is true for many other players in my position.