Aliens

warrico

Add more playable alien races to the game. Also add more customization options to existing aliens races. Cmon man... it's a gold mine! exploit it greedy EA/Bioware!
Given how few they have added, I think it is pretty safe to say the 'Return on Investment' is not particularly good for alien races and customization options.

Also, any new player species still needs to use the standard body models, the standard gear models, and the standard character voice tracks, so you can't actually get very 'alien' (when the Cathar were offered as a PC option, they changed all the Cathar NPCs in the game to match the new 'More Human/Less Feline PC Compliant' model).

(when the Cathar were offered as a PC option, they changed all the Cathar NPCs in the game to match the new 'More Human/Less Feline PC Compliant' model).

Actually, no, they didn't. The medicine thief on Ord Mantell still has the sharp face and pointy teeth she had back then, and Senator Krasul still has the same pointy teeth and mane he had back then.

And no player character can have either of those looks.

Also, any new player species still needs to use the standard body models, the standard gear models, and the standard character voice tracks, so you can't actually get very 'alien' (when the Cathar were offered as a PC option, they changed all the Cathar NPCs in the game to match the new 'More Human/Less Feline PC Compliant' model).

That still leave plenty of Near-human species to play as.

From the top of my head, species like Echani, Zeltron, Kiffar or Pantoran who should not be more difficult to add than the likes of Mirialan, as they're basically recolored humans, or humans with face tatoos for Kiffar.

Cerean or Tholothian who have human faces with a slightly different head shape and some kind of bluish complexion for Tholothian, who should not be more difficult than Togruta to add.

Or Nikto, Bothan, Chagrian or Weequay who should not be more difficult than the likes of Nautolan, but a bit more than the previous ones as there is the need to make their head and faces.

Edited by Goreshaga

Oh, I have no illusions that they will ever add more alien races/customization options. They clearly have shown no interest in it so far. But it baffles me that we don't even get the NPC alien customization options (several different face paints/colors for togruta npcs that aren't added for players and the same goes for twi'lek, nautolan etc.)

Hopefully this thread reminds them of it and also maybe annoys them enough to do something (not likely) :mon_tongue: