???>> How much longer? NO LOOT from BOXES. RL money skins gone. Broken scaling.

Muckbeast

These are emergency, hot fix level serious issues - certainly more important than taking away the Primal Destroyer farm that was nerfed within hours.

I am certain that the devs working on this game are working hard, care about the game, and want it to be as great as possible. But I have to ask: How much longer are we expected to tolerate:

1) Not getting loot from loot boxes:

As widely reported (and demonstrated in the above video), people click on boxes they earned and get nothing - absolutely nothing. What's the point of an MMORPG where you don't even get loot for your efforts?

2) Not being able to use weapon skins we paid real life money for.

The patch simply should not have launched without the weapon outfitter (or even better, moddable weapons). People have spent their real money on weapon skins from the cartel shop that they simply cannot use right now. That's unacceptable.

Example of how bad this is: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1003341

3) Broken stat scaling. You can have 110% accuracy, 7.15% alacrity, and 36%+ crit in fleet, fly down to a planet, be scaled down in level, and have 2% alacrity and 27% crit.

Stats in Fleet:

Acc: 110.06%

Crit: 36.59%

Alac: 7.42%

Stats in Tatooine:

Acc: 115.65%

Crit: 27.97%

Alac: 2.35%

Change:

Acc: Gain 5.59%

Crit: Lose 8.62%

Alac: Lose 5.07%

Screenshots here:

https://imgur.com/ZbgPjPf.jpg

Absolutely brutal. We are getting MASSIVELY NERFED now when scaling down.

4) Companions that are gruesomely busted/nerfed. They are slow to heal. They heal, tank, or DPS worse than ever. Presence and influence level are broken and have very little benefit/effect - especially when scaling down. People spent a ton of time and money on cartel compendiums or gifts to level up companions. Companions being highly effective is a huge part of the fun and emotional connection you have with them. They need to be fixed ASAP.

Analysis: https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=10012790&postcount=80

These are very serious issues that aren't the sort of thing that can be put off days, weeks, or god forbid months. They are definitely a million times more important than nerfing the Primal Destroyer that the community was working together on.

There are many bugs and problems but these - especially the first 2 - absolutely ruin the game experience.

Edited by Muckbeast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in full support of this thread, and will keep it bumped accordingly. :)

+Me, too!

I even bought the "Legacy of the Sith: Digital Collector's Edition", for the "shiny" light-saber I cannot use and for the extra month. I could have stayed preferred since all I'm going to do now is just vanilla levelling and class story. Yay!

You know saying "I cant use it" is kinda ******** when it comes to the new update and cartel items. The modifications are still there for the other lower levels. You can still get them. You can still use it, they just wont be as powerful, you can still use them in the meantime. It's not ideal, definitely a problem. But it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

110% agree with everything. It is frustrating that BW is already planning to test two new Operations' bosses on PTS but we still have to put up with... game-boring issues. Pointless to do anything when very little is working. Instead of having a "Known Issues" list, might be shorter to have a "Still Working Properly" list.

2) Not being able to use weapon skins we paid real life money for.

The patch simply should not have launched without the weapon outfitter (or even better, moddable weapons). People have spent their real money on weapon skins from the cartel shop that they simply cannot use right now. That's unacceptable.

Example of how bad this is: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=1003341

They've seriously underestimated how much this is pissing people off. All those pro-bw-cheerleaders saying "but, but, but you can still use them on lower levels" can get in the bin with that nonsense :mad: I want to use the weapons I bought from the CM (for the look) on my level 80s end of or bw can just refund my money.

110% agree with everything. It is frustrating that BW is already planning to test two new Operations' bosses on PTS but we still have to put up with... game-boring issues. Pointless to do anything when very little is working. Instead of having a "Known Issues" list, might be shorter to have a "Still Working Properly" list.

This adds insult to injury :mad:

Edited by Sarova

They've seriously underestimated how much this is pissing people off. All those pro-bw-cheerleaders saying "but, but, but you can still use them on lower levels" can get in the bin with that nonsense :mad: I want to use the weapons I bought from the CM (for the look) on my level 80s end of or bw can just refund my money.

This adds insult to injury :mad:

+1 and to those who say you can still use them...

There are new levels and higher-rated gear introduced. The gearing paths and costs are more cumbersome (which is ok, don't expect insta-gearing). Many players who have maxed 75 gear/stats are motivated to navigate the gear grind. Many of those players have lots of alts (like me for variety) and more alts often equals more CC spent. Weapon choice is big for tons of players.

You cannot grind the new paths maintaining a moddable weapon, full stop (x number of alts). FP path weeklies award a guaranteed upgrade but that will eventually become the weapon every time. Boss drops will always award no better than a 320 weapon in VM.

Yes, you can use them, but only by halting your progression so that is the point we are trying to drive home with BW.

Edited by HypSpec

Maybe your luck is just bad cause ive gotton loot left and right from boxes

This shouldn't be a luck issue.

I get loot 90% of the time from the boxes, but a friend of mine only gets the loot 10% of the time, so...

Companions HAVE been fixed. They were completely broken OP and should never have been able to completely heal all of the incoming damage and negate any chance of failure. Companions being useless is straight up a disingenuous lie, they still do their job, just now they can't carry you anymore. It's back to YOU to play the game

+Me, too!

I even bought the "Legacy of the Sith: Digital Collector's Edition", for the "shiny" light-saber I cannot use and for the extra month. I could have stayed preferred since all I'm going to do now is just vanilla levelling and class story. Yay!

That is an extra kick in the teeth, imho.

People who really wanted to support this game bought the collectors edition in part for the cosmetic lightsaber that is now useless and unusable at level 80. Brutal. :(

Companions HAVE been fixed. They were completely broken OP and should never have been able to completely heal all of the incoming damage and negate any chance of failure. Companions being useless is straight up a disingenuous lie, they still do their job, just now they can't carry you anymore. It's back to YOU to play the game

Companion Influence has been totally obliterated. Companions of Influence 20 (and in some cases Influence 1) are as powerful as those of Influence 50. More powerful characters should have more powerful companions. The Cap needs to be at least doubled to bring back the value of investing in companions. Each level of Influence grants +50 Presence. With a Presence cap below 800, almost none of you Influence levels mean anything anymore (since crafting was nerfed as well at the end of 6.0 due to whining about criticals).

Edited by DWho

You know saying "I cant use it" is kinda ******** when it comes to the new update and cartel items. The modifications are still there for the other lower levels..

What? having to swap your main weapon back and forth pending what planet or level you are on? You serious? Or maybe call it like it is a total cluster! People spent HUGE amounts of RL funds on skin items and they cant be used if you want actual end game gear. It is insane what they did and gave it no thought!

Don't defend this dude.. nothing to defend here.

"You can still get them. You can still use it, they just wont be as powerful,"

Just wow.

But it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Yes it is.

Based on what information did you base this opinion?

Did BW come out and say they are working as intended? Would you be so kind as to share the post?

Companions HAVE been fixed. They were completely broken OP and should never have been able to completely heal all of the incoming damage and negate any chance of failure.

If you like failing you can dismiss your companion or set them on passive. I don't.

Companions being useless is straight up a disingenuous lie, they still do their job, just now they can't carry you anymore. It's back to YOU to play the game

No, it's about me no longer enjoying the product I'm delivered and asking for it to be fixed. This scaling - both characters and companions - should never leave PTS phase. This is not my job, I'm not being paid to play the game, I pay to play it and I want to play it my way, with OP companions.

Based on what information did you base this opinion?

Did BW come out and say they are working as intended? Would you be so kind as to share the post?

Uh. It's my opinion.

If you like failing you can dismiss your companion or set them on passive. I don't.

No, it's about me no longer enjoying the product I'm delivered and asking for it to be fixed. This scaling - both characters and companions - should never leave PTS phase. This is not my job, I'm not being paid to play the game, I pay to play it and I want to play it my way, with OP companions.

Companions are part of the appeal of swtor and it can't be the solution to constantly dismiss them or put them on passive.

If you like being OP you can just use your skills on your action bar and get a higher baseline of skill. Or group up. It's an MMO. Everyone else can play the game just fine. I still tear through all the heroics with barely any effort, and no I'm not a super elitist player. Rest of your post is just silly ramblings that I won't address.