Well that was quick.

LordCamTheGreat

About 2 hours of content. That was it. This wasn't an expansion, it could have easily just been 6.x.

It was smaller than Onslaught and Onslaught felt fast.

I don't even know what to say because there's nothing to talk about in terms of the actual expansion content.

Like, sure it was cool going to Manaan for 30mins, getting romance baited by the only good new character AGAIN and then I had to sit through a 5 minute final flashpoint boss battle letting my companion kill the boss because it was bugged.

If nothing else, I can see why BioWare did not build up any hype whatsoever for this release, it really didn't warrant any of it.

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

The gameplay changes on the other hand? They can be summed up as follows. Polarizing.

The Sorcerer Corruption ability morph called Polarizing.

A 3% heal buff to innervate once every 2 minutes with polarity shift.

I said that it needed changing on the pts and nothing was done about it. I said I'd laugh if such a pathetic ABC choice made it to live, and it did.

Some combat styles don't even have art for the ABC choices. There was no quality control. PTS testers were completely ignored and now all I see is a general chat full of salty players who didn't realise they'd be losing so much with 7.0.

What a joke.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I qualify as a 100% white knight, but I did tell people to chill and wait, and speaking for myself, here I am, in the here and the now, saying I'm not disappointed with 7.0.

I haven't played it yet, but if what the OP says is true about ~2 hours worth of content, you're saying you're not disappointed with waiting 2 years for 2 hours of story content when games like ESO put out that same amount several times a year?

I'm not saying that it isn't ok to like a product or not be disappointed with a product, but I'm sincerely asking what bar your standard is set at (again if what the OP says is true) because it seems... extremely low lol.

Edited by XxHazenxX

I haven't played it yet, but if what the OP says is true about ~2 hours worth of content, you're saying you're not disappointed with waiting 2 years for 2 hours of story content when games like ESO put out that same amount several times a year

I've never played the game standing around waiting for story to drop. I've other things to do in the game.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Not sure if I qualify as a 100% white knight, but I did tell people to chill and wait, and speaking for myself, here I am, in the here and the now, saying I'm not disappointed with 7.0.

Wait. I misread....

Boy do I have an invisible car that might interest you... It runs on footpower. Totally emissions free....

Edited by TheVoyant

I get the distinct impression that whatever was once Legacy of the Sith or rather planned to be Legacy of the Sith has been chopped up. I'd wager they originally planned for it to be a much bigger expansion, but couldn't complete it in time - So they just dropped what they had ready. We already know they had plans for a mando chapter this expansion that isn't here. Could be that they're just gonna doll out the rest of what LotS was supposed to be over 2022.

I haven't played it yet, but if what the OP says is true about ~2 hours worth of content, you're saying you're not disappointed with waiting 2 years for 2 hours of story content when games like ESO put out that same amount several times a year?

I'm not saying that it isn't ok to like a product or not be disappointed with a product, but I'm sincerely asking what bar your standard is set at (again if what the OP says is true) because it seems... extremely low lol.

I am actually being very generous with the time I stated because I did the bonus missions and was stuck for at least 10 minutes finding out from other players in the flashpoint general chat how to cheese the final boss so that I could actually complete it.

If you're a stealther, you could maybe do it in an hour or less...

I love Star wars, i have done for as long as i can remember and ive stuck with SWTOR since it was announced so dont take this as coming from a place of hate because it isn't, its coming from a place of disapointment.

THAT was not a expansion, it was a small story update, you shouldnt call it an expansion, its embarrassing.

Story was good, not enough of it to be an expansion though.

they spent the majority of time redoing stupid ****.

i honestly could stand the game for about 20 minutes. Could not even do the first quest. Combat felt so weird.

It was supposed to be an EXPANSION, not a DETRACTION...

7.0 removes good elements, takes away from the game, it doesnt add anything but those 2 hours of content.

This game issues have never been the fantasy or who knows, its stupid bioware spending time doing systems that no one cares about later, instead of focusing on giving out CONTENT....

CONTENT IS ALL WE CARE.

Expansions should just be as 6.0 was, plus the story, fps, ops, elements.

This is trash, for real.... half my skillbar is gone. Why the hell should my sith lord feel weaker now?

Besides the new UI is absolutely comboluted trash.

I'm under the impression that this expansion was never meant as a huge content expansion, but rather as a "feature" (bork the game) expansion. :rolleyes:

Allow me to point you back to BW's promises of major stuff for 10 year anniversary lol.

I think more accurately is there was never a plan, they did everything last minute they can think of trying to look busy, and then packaged it as an expansion.

So far, I don't have any access to the new story content. I never liked Mek Sha, and never completed it, so I guess I won't get to see the new content. So, all that I get are the new levels and new (bad) gearing system, nerfed conquest changes, and a long list of known issues. No wonder they are calling it a "free" expansion (even though you have to pay a sub fee to get it). Edited by Exly

So... did their entire budget go to the fancy cinematic?

I dont even want to know how this "expansion" looked like 2 months ago. Sheesh.

My expectations were already low, somehow this managed to go under even those expectations.

I dont even want to know how this "expansion" looked like 2 months ago. Sheesh.

My expectations were already low, somehow this managed to go under even those expectations.

2 months ago it was a spreadsheet that said '10th anniversary' BIG STUFF! Apparently that was taken as ui updates and future cartel store items

2 months ago it was a spreadsheet that said '10th anniversary' BIG STUFF! Apparently that was taken as ui updates and future cartel store items

Remember the live stream announcing the "expansion" when -eric constantly referred to it as "lots" and insinuated that they would deliver a lot of stuff to us upon launch. His definition of lots is obviously a lot different than mine.

Remember the live stream announcing the "expansion" when -eric constantly referred to it as "lots" and insinuated that they would deliver a lot of stuff to us upon launch. His definition of lots is obviously a lot different than mine.

"But we redid the character panel, look you can see your whole character now! and the character creation! isnt it great!!" ffs.

Honestly the character creation feels a bit worse to me as well. I mean sure it looks more fancy, but it doesnt function different, and honestly i could do without the changes. I cant really say they are bad, but they arent really good, just different. I feel like that was all this expansion was for. Different.

Edited by Kazuma_Arashi

I get the distinct impression that whatever was once Legacy of the Sith or rather planned to be Legacy of the Sith has been chopped up. I'd wager they originally planned for it to be a much bigger expansion, but couldn't complete it in time - So they just dropped what they had ready. We already know they had plans for a mando chapter this expansion that isn't here. Could be that they're just gonna doll out the rest of what LotS was supposed to be over 2022.

I'm pretty sure you're right.

For instance, has anyone managed to find the Manaan daily area? As far as I can tell it's not in the game yet.

I'm pretty sure you're right.

For instance, has anyone managed to find the Manaan daily area? As far as I can tell it's not in the game yet.

They said awhile ago that the daily area won't be in till 7.1. Because, of course, none of the players want to do anything in the new expansion areas.

If I was given the option of 1-2 hours of content, a gear update, combat styles and a cinematic or JUST more content, I'd take the content all day every day.

What's the point in making a fancy million dollar budget cinematic if the expansion itself is unfinished and lacking in every aspect.

The devs overhyped early on, overpromised and just didn't have the resources to succeed on any front resulting in all the marketing being completely negative: we can't do this, we have to push back that etc.

Such a shame.