Empty server list

MacFelly

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game from scratch. Nothing.

I checked firewall settings, both the launcher and the game are allowed through. It's not the firewall.

Zehpyrus G14 laptop

Ryzen 9 4900HS

Windows 10 Pro

Hmm, scratch my earlier post, it span the wheel once, then I killed the process to try again, now I'm back to no servers in the list again.

I'm running on a G14 Zephyrus too. You don't think...

I do. Let me try a couple things.

Nope, didn't work. Tried the launcher repair from yesterday, and then replacing the DLL with the Cas version, till blank.

Edited by Mckor

So it seems if remove/re-add SWTOR.exe from the Performance exclusion list in Norton 360, the first time I launch the game I get a spinning wheel and endless loading screen. If I kill that and launch again, it goes back to no servers in the list.

So it seems if remove/re-add SWTOR.exe from the Performance exclusion list in Norton 360, the first time I launch the game I get a spinning wheel and endless loading screen. If I kill that and launch again, it goes back to no servers in the list.

Excluding it from AV didn't fix the problem for me either. So it's not firewall, it's not antivirus.

G14 also. I am super-confused at this commonality. The previous Zephyrus issue was strictly launcher-only. Now we are getting past the launcher but the server list is empty.

I am hesitant to assume that the dll can fix it this time, since we get past the launcher. Still, I can't help but wonder.

Comparing the old dll, the "fix" dll, and the current dll, I see the old and current have different "last modified" dates but the same size (2,135kb). The "fix" dll has a different "last modified" date to both of them, and also a different file size (2,333kb).

Interesting thing here is I get this problem all the time even before the Alder Lake fix came out. Normally it would occur after my laptop has gone to sleep and I wake it up to play me some Ster Wers, but I always end up having to restart my system to get in... With great sadness though, it no longer fixes the issue.

G14 also. I am super-confused at this commonality. The previous Zephyrus issue was strictly launcher-only. Now we are getting past the launcher but the server list is empty.

I am hesitant to assume that the dll can fix it this time, since we get past the launcher. Still, I can't help but wonder.

Comparing the old dll, the "fix" dll, and the current dll, I see the old and current have different "last modified" dates but the same size (2,135kb). The "fix" dll has a different "last modified" date to both of them, and also a different file size (2,333kb).

I tried all the dll versions, same results, empty server list. Some people were reporting this after I came up with the idea of swapping dll's in the first place, although they seemed to be the exception.

So the launcher log is showing me this:

2022-02-15 21:00:25 INFO User pressed play (retailclient,en-us,swtor)
2022-02-15 21:00:25 INFO Game successfully launched: C:\Games\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
2022-02-15 21:00:25 INFO Closed launcher

That suggests to me that the launcher isn't grabbing the server list, it's the game itself?

Yeah, tbh I had no reason to think this was a launcher issue. But it's so weird that there should be two issues with ryzen so close to each other.

Yes and no. Not if they copied the Alder Lake optimizations over to the game itself. Remember they asked last week about the PTS? Now it makes sense, they did something to the game code to make it more stable for Alder Lake and they wanted to know if that was impacting Ryzen the same way it broke the launcher for us.

The sad part is that retrieving the server list and passing the client off to the selected server is incredibly basic, it doesn't need any optimizations or patches. It's worked the same way for eleven years and at this point shouldn't be touched.

Yeah my G14 is having issues again as well. I at least have a pc I can use late at night. But my preferred system is still a no go. ughh

Unfortunately mine is the only system I have right now. I'm letting the patch run on a virtual machine right now to see if that makes any difference.

Ok, let's look at the client logs:

2022-02-15T15:40:28.292981 2f54 ERROR Invalid response received from platform for getShardList request. Status code: 400 [Platform.dozerLib.dozer.ClientServices](clientservices.cpp:bwa::platform::ClientServices::receivedShardList:191)
2022-02-15T15:40:28.292981 2f54 WARNING HandlePlatformFailure with error type 4001 : PLATFORM_ERROR_EMPTY_SHARD_LIST [Connect.firestorm.client.OmegaClientApp](omegaclientapp.cpp:OmegaClientApp::HandlePlatformFailure:505)

There it is, invalid response when trying to get the server (shard) list.

Some possibilities:

1. The game is contacting the wrong address when trying to get the server list.

2. The game is making an invalid request, so what it's getting back is an error message it can't interpret.

no one found a fix yet? I haven't missed a day since I started playing again 1 year ago and ofc this thing is a G14 thing just when I travel and have to play on my laptop..

It's not something we can fix. It's a dev issue and they haven't even popped into the thread to acknowledge the problem.

I'm looking at Wireshark now, see if I can't locate the server request/reply traffic.

Yea im having the same issue, This issue actually happened to me during the Ryzen fiasco last week. Where the very rare occasion i would get past the launcher it would do this. And you can tell its not connecting because the gear in the corner doesn't spin. Way to drop the ball again DEVS.