What happened to Kai Zykken?

Przemo_No

Looks like something from 7.0 slipped through already. I doubt it will be fixed and this will be all we get from now on.

He didn't have much but it was still nice to find something there every now and then.

Oh, man--I hope that's not the case! I've been using his stock to fill in some missing sets before 7.0.

Who should do that? They're on holidays. They didn't hotfix the massive exploit of December 2014 until they all came back from holidays in mid January. Kai is nothing compared to that.

One, I don't know what type of "holiday schedule" they're on (please enlighten me if you do), but to suggest nobody is around at all is absurd. Even in the military I was on a half-day schedule and we were expected to accomplish tasks and requirements.

Two, just because {X} happened in the past, does not excuse {Y}.

Three, the lack of concern / care over an obvious mistake is alarming on its own. I don't know what line of work you're in (quite frankly I don't care), but telling your boss, "Yeah, I didn't mop the floor because so-and-so didn't clean the bathrooms SEVEN YEARS AGO (emphasis mine)" isn''t going to move you up to fries.

Yep, STILL bugged!!! I am trying to finish gear sets as well!!!! Come on Bioware, how about some kind reply or anything??? I absolutely HATE when you guys are silent on issues!! How about some kind of reply?? This silent treatment from you guys has gotten severely old!

Yep, STILL bugged!!! I am trying to finish gear sets as well!!!! Come on Bioware, how about some kind reply or anything??? I absolutely HATE when you guys are silent on issues!! How about some kind of reply?? This silent treatment from you guys has gotten severely old!

You realize that Christmas and New Year is pretty much the only holiday that developers get all year, don't you? How about you let them come back from the holidays before getting worked up for nothing.

One, I don't know what type of "holiday schedule" they're on (please enlighten me if you do), but to suggest nobody is around at all is absurd. Even in the military I was on a half-day schedule and we were expected to accomplish tasks and requirements.

Two, just because {X} happened in the past, does not excuse {Y}.

Three, the lack of concern / care over an obvious mistake is alarming on its own. I don't know what line of work you're in (quite frankly I don't care), but telling your boss, "Yeah, I didn't mop the floor because so-and-so didn't clean the bathrooms SEVEN YEARS AGO (emphasis mine)" isn''t going to move you up to fries.

The crucial difference being that mopping the floor, which would be something like server maintenance in this case, is completely different from analysing and fixing a bug and is therefore done by different people with a completely different skill set.

I don't know what line of work you're in, but I do hope that you don't expect your janitor to fix the design of your latest weapon prototype to move him up the ladder. Although, it would be quite funny to imagine something like this:

Boss: "Hey Mike, you are quite handy with a wrench, aren't you? All our weapon engineers are gone for the holidays and there are some customers that expect the updated design tomorrow at the latest. How about you look into the design for the heat sink on the railgun that is still causing us trouble? You'll get a new title!"

Mike: "Sure thing, boss!"

Railgun: "Boom!"

Edited by Phazonfreak

You realize that Christmas and New Year is pretty much the only holiday that developers get all year, don't you? How about you let them come back from the holidays before getting worked up for nothing.

Hold on, hold on, hold on. Are you telling me they DON'T get:

inauguration Day (January 20 every fourth year)

Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. (3rd Monday in January)

Washington’s Birthday (3rd Monday in February)

Memorial Day (last Monday in May)

Juneteenth National Independence Day (June 19)

Independence Day (July 4)

Labor Day (1st Monday in September)

Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October)

Veterans Day (November 11)

Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)

???????????????????

???????????????????

No, I am telling you that they cannot get days off whenever they want. The ones you have listed here are the official holidays that are put in place by local and/or federal government. The workforce behind game companies are usually contracted to take the majority of their remaining holidays in between years, because this is in line with how a gaming company plans its development cycle.

Unfortunately, this is also why we hear more and more news about the Crunch Culture in the gaming industry and that the workforce is contractually obligated to work overtime without compensation in order to meet a deadline.

Edited by Phazonfreak

On a somewhat related note if Kai will only offer the unidentified item in 7.0 the odds of finishing a set with him are absolutely horrible and something should be changed.

My observations spending 100s of thousands of fragments on him:

- loot tables seem unequal chance? Ie certain armors and tacticals you get loads off others are extremely rare.

- the more pieces you already have off a set the worse your odds to complete it. Ie if you just need 1 piece the odds of getting a piece from that set are already horrible, the odds of getting the piece you lack 7 times worse still...

I would suggest that with 7.0 Kai keeps also his weekly assortment of random pieces or if for some mysterious reason the devs insist on only giving the random unidentified piece make some changes to it to increase a players odds... eg allow to select a random slot piece, revise the tables and increase percentages of more rare armors, exclude any already collected ones...

Kai Zykken yes i saw it ....... He no more sell something like predicted in the 7.0 so they begin to spread their little lies of **** by the small door so it's the beginning of the End of the ERA of this good game that is or was SWTOR so it's easily to understand that they want show us of it will be hard to gear our chars ....... and they take us for stupid players whith this they think that we couldn't have seen this they do a big mistake take us for dumbers.........

???????????????????

If they are like "most" US Corporations, they will get President's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Day after Thanksgiving, X-mas Eve, X-Mas, and New Years and likely 1 or 2 "floating" holidays. Most people also get 2-3 weeks vacation at the minimum, which if they could not take any other time in the year you usually backdate it from the end of the year and close out the calendar year. Will be interesting how Juneteenth works out now that it is a federal holiday, but suspect it will be like MLK and Veteran's day where you may or may not officially get it off.

???????????????????

Ha! I get Thanksgiving and Christmas off.. Every other holiday I have to work. :rolleyes: