It is design. In the earlier FPs there are shortcuts if you have specific crew skills. E.g. scavenging and slicing in Hammer Station, slicing in Cademimu, archaeologie in Red Reaper etc. Edited by Sundown

It is design. In the earlier FPs there are shortcuts if you have specific crew skills. E.g. scavenging and slicing in Hammer Station, slicing in Cademimu, archaeologie in Red Reaper etc.

I know that but the shortcuts in Athiss are no longer there, the pillars that requires archeology are no longer appearing and we need to take the long route to finish the fp.

Can confirm. They are gone.

Why...why remove them?

Nothing in patch notes about them. Please be a bug?

But if it is a bug, how in the hell did it happen? Was someone really messing around with code in Athiss?

FEEL THE WRATH OF VODAL KRESSH!

He messed with the code so that we can't take the shortcut. EVIL.

They make Arch more useless in FP with every patch lol. 80% of the FP have slicing or scav, almost none have arch, Athiss is the only one I can think of that did- not anymore.

80% of the FP?

Slicing: 1 shortcut in Cademinu

Scavenging: 1 shortcut in Cademinu, 1 shortcut on Hammer Station, 2 (almost useless) med droids on Mandalorian Raiders

Archaeology: 1 shortcut on Red Reaper, 1 shortcut on Athis (pretending the missing pillars are a bug and not a new feature)

80% of the FP?

Slicing: 1 shortcut in Cademinu

Scavenging: 1 shortcut in Cademinu, 1 shortcut on Hammer Station, 2 (almost useless) med droids on Mandalorian Raiders

Archaeology: 1 shortcut on Red Reaper, 1 shortcut on Athis (pretending the missing pillars are a bug and not a new feature)

You left out a bunch of them.

Cademimu - scavenging to open a shortcut (shortly after the first elevator); slicing to activate the taxi shortcut.

Hammer Station - scavenging to open the tunnel shortcut; slicing to activate an elevator.

Athiss - Archeology to skip needing the explosives and to open a door later.

Mando Raiders - Scavenging to activate 2 healing droids that are mostly just cannon fodder.

There are also a few others I can't recall the exact details of atm. Like some more elevators that require Scavenging or Slicing. Some battle droids that are activated by Scavenging.

You either haven't done many FPs, or you've been missing things. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

There are also slicing elevators in Mando Raiders and Red Reaper.

Biochem can summon pets in Athiss, and can find anti-venom that lets them get a chest in Hammer Station no one ever goes for because it's well off the path.

We had a friend hop on during their break from work just now and thought, "What'll be quick?" We had a Jedi Shadow and I'm an archaeologist, we thought, "A Master Mode Athiss will be quick!"

I really, really, really, hope this is an unforeseen bug and not by design. Please, developers, let us keep this. :(

Must be a bug - just deciding to change the rules and delete a bunch of content from old flashpoints is just stupid.

Right, devs - that would just be STUPID, right? So this is just a mistake...

Um, it's not that they deleted content. In fact, the problem is you can't skip the content. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Its interesting that the shortcut doors are missing, but the ancient tablet that gives your group the ten minute buff is still working, we tested this last Friday Aug 7 ... These open chests with broken tablets in them are available in Red Reaper and Athiss for sure, and possibly in other FPs as well. Anyway, they grant a ten minute "____ of the Ancients" whose effect varies based on the FP.

Its interesting that the shortcut doors are missing, but the ancient tablet that gives your group the ten minute buff is still working, we tested this last Friday Aug 7 ... These open chests with broken tablets in them are available in Red Reaper and Athiss for sure, and possibly in other FPs as well. Anyway, they grant a ten minute "____ of the Ancients" whose effect varies based on the FP.

I've done Athiss many, many times, but I have ask, what ancient tablet? Have I been missing something all this time?

I've done Athiss many, many times, but I have ask, what ancient tablet? Have I been missing something all this time?

In the first room that you can use Archaeology skill to open the door instead of needing the bomb, off to the right, up the hill, is a container with this tablet.

There is one further in the flashpoint in the open area where the Tomb Dweller natives roam.

Also JQ, if you do Red Reaper, right after the droid boss with the holo flags that you have to swap red and blue, just before you get to the elevator to reach the inner sith sanctum, there is another.

Apparently there are versions of this tablet in Mando Raiders, Cademimu, Hammer. They all look the same but grant different buffs.

In the first room that you can use Archaeology skill to open the door instead of needing the bomb, off to the right, up the hill, is a container with this tablet.

Ah yes, I knew there was something up there but I didn't know what it was. 😏

That's sort of like the various droids you can 'repair' or 'enable' with scavenging.

Note - for those doing FPs who don't craft, take Scavenging, Archeology, and Slicing as your 'skills' to help out. Biochem is also used in a few places, such as in Athiss, but not as often.

Ah yes, I knew there was something up there but I didn't know what it was. 😏

That's sort of like the various droids you can 'repair' or 'enable' with scavenging.

Note - for those doing FPs who don't craft, take Scavenging, Archeology, and Slicing as your 'skills' to help out. Biochem is also used in a few places, such as in Athiss, but not as often.

I think every one of those crew skill-related clickable things shows up as a gathering node on your mini-map, regardless of whether its a bypass, a pet, or a buff, if you have the appropriate skill. All except the Athiss doors, that is.