What's wrong with my PC?!

Horendo

Good afternoon guys, I love playing Star Wars The Old Republic! but I'm having trouble running it, my pc has these settings:

Processador: AMD FX 6300 SIX-CORE

placa-mãe: M5A78L-M LX/BR

memória RAM: 12gb DDR3

Placa de vídeo: 4gb AMD Radeon R7 200 séries

HD 500 gb

AND I'M PLAYING THE GAME IN VERY LOW! with aggressive FPS drops! is there something wrong with my pc? and if there's what I need to change to play decently my dear Stars Wars?!

Edited by Horendo

The game loves high ipc single thread performance. The FX line of chips are not only outdated but the ipc they have is dreadful even for the time they were released. A modern I3 or even pentium would provide a huge up lift.

The game loves high ipc single thread performance. The FX line of chips are not only outdated but the ipc they have is dreadful even for the time they were released. A modern I3 or even pentium would provide a huge up lift.

To be clear, in the above, "ipc" means "instructions per clock", not "inter-process communication". It's a measure of how well the CPU performs relative to its clock speed. (For the FX, it's more likely to be "clocks per instruction"...)

Processador: AMD FX 6300 SIX-CORE

Sadly, the FX-6300 never was a 'good' processor, and the SWTOR engine makes it even worse.

You basically need a new processor which also includes a new, matching motherboard and RAM. Almost an entirely new computer.

The good news is that there should be lots of more recent used computers around that would easily outperform that old FX.