Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

Crash-X
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by HexCaliber View Post
The chart is complete fantasy, over 2 million pre orders not 900k, and the majority of pre orders were in the first couple of days. Besides, Stephen Reid has already commented on twitter stating it will take more than two days to get everyone in.
Curious any one, where did he say this?

chromez
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #612
i order mine on july 25th hope i get in man i hope i didnt delete my email for early access by accident wonder wut would happen if we did that they should send out more then 1 to each person just in case but i dont think i would of miss that well hope i get in later today cause i just check my pre order from gamestop website and it was on july 25th and redeem my code that same day so thumbs cross hope all u get in to

Zor_Prime
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVenizen View Post
implying there won't be a massive spike of people who won't have pre ordered getting the game on launch day

Heh! I just hope they are taking into consideration the epic mass of people who can't play until the work day is over. Come 6-ish PM on the East Coast it's going to look like a virtual nerd-tsunami!

djeroc
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #614
Thanks guys for the update! I am ready to play

SuicidalEwok
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #615
I've just checked the code redemption category under my account and they've registered my client without any key. Just booted up the client, accepted T&Cs and now I'm playing. Thought I'd point it out incase others are in the same situation.
Domino (Powertech)
Nushka (Sith Inquisitor)

The Consortium
Hydian Way

fishboyy
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #616
Quote: Originally Posted by Oricular View Post
EA / Bioware: Spend the most money producing this MMO of any MMO to date.

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

.... wow.........

You say it's to monitor server load / stability...

We are to believe that wasn't accomplished during open beta & stress testing?... Have you not been aware of exactly how many pre-orders you've had between july-november for months now? (cumulatively, anyway...)..?

You didn't project how many servers or how much support you would need to handle your faithful PRE-ORDER customers?

I've never seen this before, and let me say, it does not speak well for things to come.

Strike 1 and I havn't even logged in yet.

they could easily handle everyone at once, its about money tho, they want to have as few servers as possible to save money, remember EA owns them now.

Vandos
12.13.2011 , 08:50 AM | #617
cant wait to play!!!

frotty
12.13.2011 , 08:51 AM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by Neteruhemta View Post
That is a very good point.

yes, because I'm sure that the server isn't smart enough to store the timezones relative to one another.

Obviously they'd do some sort of conversion. And "timezones" doesn't explain my friend who did everything in november getting in. Of course "time travel" does. That must be it, everyone getting in is part of the illuminati time traveler department

vrgadin
12.13.2011 , 08:51 AM | #619

Yet, can't handle their pre-order customer load on early access (day 1) within 3 hours?

.... wow.........

We are to believe that wasn't accomplished during open beta & stress testing?... Have you not been aware of exactly how many pre-orders you've had between july-november for months now? (cumulatively, anyway...)..?

You didn't project how many servers or how much support you would need to handle your faithful PRE-ORDER customers?

I've never seen this before, and let me say, it does not speak well for things to come.

perhaps this isnt the game for you.

/stopwhining

"most games fail these days because they are theme parks. tps have no depth. you play through the story and you are done. though swg had no quests strangely enough in 2-3 years i never had nothing to do. sandboxes are real mmos. "

freakuancy
12.13.2011 , 08:51 AM | #620

.... wow.........

Do us a favor. Don't. Get a refund and go play Kinectimals, its better suited to your level of comprehension.
ך|||||◊| ███████████████████████████)