Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender relationships clarifications?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender relationships clarifications?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theStirge
07.20.2012 , 09:04 PM | #401
Risha and Holiday, just because the thought of Tara Strong doing all the VA on both sides makes me laugh.

Crezelle
07.20.2012 , 09:30 PM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by theStirge View Post
Risha and Holiday, just because the thought of Tara Strong doing all the VA on both sides makes me laugh.
..risha X twilight sparkle x rikku
Crezelle De'Chimera, of the Shadowlands
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

LordTynell
07.20.2012 , 10:33 PM | #403
Unfortunately, I think SGRAs are going the way of a certain "Dance Studio" or "Aerial PVP." This game is dying and lurching for F2P. SGRAs may make it in, but... it might be a pay to play kind of thing.

There are so many problems with this game, it just seems like this may be backburner. And if it's put foreburner, it may push a lot of people to leave, not because of Same Sex, but because their issues weren't correct first.

Blizzard is still succeeding without any RAs. Remember what this game copied.

I love the RAs, and would *love* to get some Mako with my Fem BH, but.. writing seems like it's on the wall.
Who's the more foolish? the fool, or the fool who follows him?

Captain_Zone
07.20.2012 , 10:57 PM | #404
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTynell View Post
Unfortunately, I think SGRAs are going the way of a certain "Dance Studio" or "Aerial PVP." This game is dying and lurching for F2P. SGRAs may make it in, but... it might be a pay to play kind of thing.

There are so many problems with this game, it just seems like this may be backburner. And if it's put foreburner, it may push a lot of people to leave, not because of Same Sex, but because their issues weren't correct first.

I love the RAs, and would *love* to get some Mako with my Fem BH, but.. writing seems like it's on the wall.
Where exactly are you getting this information? I think most of us would like to know. I agree that female BH and Mako would be hot. But seriously, I think your predictions of doom are a bit premature.
. OPOD
The New Jedi Code: "Keep Calm & Carry a Lightsaber"

Crezelle
07.20.2012 , 11:16 PM | #405
it might be a pay to play kind of thing.
pay for gay ..... yeah..i don't think itt'l happen like that.

but as for things getting pushed on the back burner, theyre freaking pushing back the est for class story expansions..so yeah -.-
" Secret Agent Blue Booty, at your service. You Lead the way; I bring the kolto. "

Raynezazki
07.20.2012 , 11:47 PM | #406
Wait...the story expansion was pushed back?

Crezelle
07.21.2012 , 12:09 AM | #407
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
Wait...the story expansion was pushed back?
well they said " latter this year" alll the time, then at comic con it's " in the next year or so"

Raynezazki
07.21.2012 , 12:14 AM | #408
Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
well they said " latter this year" alll the time, then at comic con it's " in the next year or so"
=/

*sighs*

Blargh. I was willing to wait a few months. Not so much a year.

Crezelle
07.21.2012 , 12:27 AM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by Raynezazki View Post
=/

*sighs*

Blargh. I was willing to wait a few months. Not so much a year.
i know right, i still pray 1.4 is gonna be a companion patch like the runors said awhile ago

MusedMoose
07.21.2012 , 08:00 AM | #410

This is nothing but speculation and guessing, and should be treated as such. Every single MMO has doomsayers, and we don't need that in this thread. Saying that WoW succeeded without the romance stories is completely irrelevant; WoW wasn't designed for companions and all that comes with them, so the comparison makes no sense. If TOR was doing well and WoW wasn't, would you say it was because WoW lacked romance arcs? As for claiming the writing is on the wall, yes, the game is having some problems. But making vague statements without anything to back them up serves no purpose at all.

As I've said before, lack of news is only that: lack of news. Not hearing anything recently about SGRs does not mean they're not still being worked on. Anything other than actual word from BioWare is just a guess.

Also: can you imagine the utter [expletive]-storm that would happen if BioWare made it so people had to pay extra for SGRs? If they made it so straight relationships were free, but players were charged for gay ones? It would lead to some of the worst protests and worst press this game has ever seen, and BW would lose any recognition they had for supporting equality. I highly doubt anyone at BW is that stupid.

Quote: Originally Posted by Crezelle View Post
"In the next year or so" still includes this year. And I don't know if that was intended to be an official statement, or if it was just an off-the-cuff sort of thing. Hopefully we'll get a more definitive answer when we start hearing about patch 1.4.