What in original class or KOTFE/KOTET story would you have happen differently ?

Shayddow

For me it would be:

1. Being able to romance Pierce with my Sith Warrior for more than just a one-night stand after the "quinn-cident"

2. Being able to save both Torian and Vette during KOTET.

3. Having a third option during Iokath- tell both factions to go to hell and maybe align with a Third Faction

4. Have a Chiss companion. (not just Temple who aligns with the Chiss but is not ethnic Chiss).

For original class:

_ Jedi Knight turned DS and you actually fought against your allies as quests, instead of a cutscene showing you kneel and killing some droids on the Emperor's Fortress. You can then redeem or fall.

_ Corrupt Ashara just like Jaessa.

For KOTFE/KOTET:

_ Being a Marr fan, I hope we had more scene battling with him. Maybe somehow we escape the Throne room and do some more quests before he meets his ultimate death. I would like that over killing some Skytroopers then cutscene and he ded.

_ Redeem Vaylin, or just say screw the Aliance/Empire/Pub and join force with her for several quests.

Edited by afwhoefuwov

After Ziost, I would have preferred Vitiate stayed the same character and we never had anything to do with Zakuul in the game. KotFE/ET always felt like a different title and story forced into the existing SWTOR universe to me, and SWTOR's story never fully recovered from it.

Considering that story really started in KOTOR 1, it's an unfortunate loss for Old Republic fans and too late to do anything about.

Original class stories:

1. SSRs. Nuff said about that.

2. On Ord Mantel, I convince the general that Private Farn should join Havoc as my companion, not Grumpy Cat

3. Flingeld agrees to leave his labors in the Jedi archives to be my first consular companion rather than have QF

4. I free Alif and Jedi Quorian Dorjis and they become my first and second sith inquisitor companions

5. Vemrin kills Vette and becomes my Sith Warrior companion

6. On Hutta, Kaliyo is killed by Redblade, and my agent is so impressed he invites Redblade as a companion

7. On Belsavis, Skadge is electrocuted by a random mouse droid, which becomes my companion

8. On Ord Mantel, my smuggler convinces Paul (Bonecrusher) to join his crew instead of Corso

KOTFE:

1. Sparing Marr's dreadnaught not only spares Ralo but adds him to your alliance

2. All walker missions disappear

Be able to tell Companions who tick you off to "get off my ship" or never be recruited in the first place if you don't care for their actions in their introduction story.

Not being portrayed as a bigot when declining Akaavi's offer of a relationship.

When asking Andronikos for a massage, have him ask if I mean it or joking, not get ticked off thinking I was treating him like a slave girl. Then I'll decide if I meant it or was joking.

Each Class gets its own version of how they handle the events of Eternal Throne, accepting all stories end with you defeating Arcann and Vaylin. Jedi Knight as is, at least in plot. Some chapters belong to others, such as the heist. Jedi Consular does the recruiting to get the Alliance. Smuggler does the infiltrating. He does the heist, the ball, get the people of Zakuul to rebel. Trooper does the Special Ops. He's on the mission Aric & Kaliyo screw up and gets it done. The corresponding Empire Classes can do so the same thing, but from the Imperial perspective. Scorpio and Iokath only exist for Trooper and Agent.

Having my Sith Warrior, who is supposedly coming from a great Sith bloodline, to at least know the Sith Code from the beginning. Kills my immersion every time.

I would have liked to be able to imprison Arcann for his crimes instead of just the "kill or redeem without any repercussions"-options we got now.

Instead of ending as Alliance/Galactic Commander, have the Eternal Fleet be destroyed as part of the victory then get promoted within your faction.

Jedi Knight/Consular - Satele retires and you become head of the Jedi Council

Smuggler - Already immune to prosecution, get recruited into the SIS as a top agent. Extra perks if romancing Theron.

Trooper - Become General, take Garza's old position.

Sith Warrior/Inquisitor - Proclaimed Emperor, a figurehead title so as not to have another Vitiate, head of the Sith Council.

Bounty Hunter - Mandalore!

Agent - Lana steps down to be Watcher One, you become Keeper.

Instead of ending as Alliance/Galactic Commander, have the Eternal Fleet be destroyed as part of the victory then get promoted within your faction.

Smuggler - Already immune to prosecution, get recruited into the SIS as a top agent. Extra perks if romancing Theron.

Sith Warrior/Inquisitor - Proclaimed Emperor, a figurehead title so as not to have another Vitiate, head of the Sith Council.

Those things work as endings but how would our characters be able to continue onwards from those positions in terms of story and gameplay? Those are the characters/positions that tell everybody else what to do and where to do go.

I know our characters are in a similar position of power as the Commander but I feel like SWTOR and many other games that put you at the top of the food chain like that have a hard time justifying you being the one who goes out and does everything, ie basic fetch quests.

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Lana doesn't get that top spot until Shadows of Revan, so she couldn't step down at the end of Agent's storyline.

Those things work as endings but how would our characters be able to continue onwards from those positions in terms of story and gameplay? Those are the characters/positions that tell everybody else what to do and where to do go.

I know our characters are in a similar position of power as the Commander but I feel like SWTOR and many other games that put you at the top of the food chain like that have a hard time justifying you being the one who goes out and does everything, ie basic fetch quests.

I don't feel TOR justifies it well. Should've done a storyline that kept the PC a great hero and not the big leader.

Kira able to be romanced by female knight.

Kill Skadge as a Bounty Hunter during storyline.

Kill Broonmark during Warrior Storyline.

Have Lightside Inquisitor/Warrior feel more light side and not hiding it so terribly in companion missions and the game.

Consular could've used a different story opening if they wanted to make dark side an option. Dark side just doesn't make sense (imo I know) for Consular in the first chapter.

Be able to tell Companions who tick you off to "get off my ship" or never be recruited in the first place if you don't care for their actions in their introduction story.

This. So many companions would get shoved out of my airlock starting with Guss Tuno, closely followed by Skadge, Vette, Ashara, Akaavi, M1-4X, Temple, Tanno Vik, Risha and Rusk.

Skavak should have been a smuggler companion from the start - he would have provided dark relief from Corso. Then they could have left Guss Tuno on Hoth.

And there's far too much General Garza for my liking.

Finally, still waiting on that General title (instead of master) for my dark-side Jedi Knights; they should never have changed this from beta.

Lana doesn't get that top spot until Shadows of Revan, so she couldn't step down at the end of Agent's storyline.

She steps down at the end of Fallen Empire. Note I said instead of Alliance/Galactic Commander.

This. So many companions would get shoved out of my airlock starting with Guss Tuno, closely followed by Skadge, Vette, Ashara, Akaavi, M1-4X, Temple, Tanno Vik, Risha and Rusk.

Skavak should have been a smuggler companion from the start - he would have provided dark relief from Corso. Then they could have left Guss Tuno on Hoth.

And there's far too much General Garza for my liking.

Finally, still waiting on that General title (instead of master) for my dark-side Jedi Knights; they should never have changed this from beta.

Ashara would definitely be rotting on Taris if i ever had a choice, same goes for Skadge, Rusk would've gone anywhere that's not my ship as well.

Agreed, Skavak would've been a funnier and more interesting option than Corso.

And agreed as well for the General title, i want my Guardian to be a General, not a Master, that does not suit him, at all.

Class story:

Romance option for everyone. Well, it's a dream, so why not dream big?

SoR:

Don't ruin Revan/Meetra by not including them in SWTOR. LET THEM BE A MYTH.

Make the Revan in SoR a hoax, a persona created (knowingly or unknowingly) by the Emperor to **** things up.

KOTXX:

Be gone, walker sequences!

The option to keep Senya but kill Arcann. Make it a "hidden" choice buried behind dialogue tree.

Destroy the Eternal Fleet but keep the Gravestone. So that the Alliance has a iconic flagship that is still extremely powerful. Let us use the ship as a stronghold.

Traitor arc:

**** the kill option for Theron Shan. It's illogical and stupid. I'm not even biased here.

Edited by eabevella

She steps down at the end of Fallen Empire. Note I said instead of Alliance/Galactic Commander.

But still how does putting out characters in those positions work for the gameplay and the story? Those positions seem like exactly the place(s) you wouldn't want to have the characters because they'd be too restrictive or immersion breaking.

Making our characters the head of a galactic alliance never seemed like a good idea or fit, same with most games that do something similar. You generally never feel like your in that position especially when your character is running around doing low level grunt work type missions.

I mean think about what a grand master of the Jedi order spends most of their time doing. Delegating, debating, meditating, etc. It's not exactly an exciting position of action.

If Bioware was going to give our characters endings then sure those positions could make more sense but those are positions best left to NPCs for various reasons.

Yeah, but at that point, it's one story fits all, so wouldn't make sense to have all the other classes in that position.

You missed the point. Only the Agent gets that. The other classes get their own promotions.

Traitor arc:

**** the kill option for Theron Shan. It's illogical and stupid. I'm not even biased here.

Definitely agree there, plus the banishment, but I wasn't counting that as part of the Eternal Throne story as the thread topic limits.

You missed the point. Only the Agent gets that. The other classes get their own promotions.

No, what they're saying is that you're still putting all the classes in the same top of the food chain position. What would be the gameplay difference between being head of the Jedi Order, Sith Council, Republic General, etc? Those positions are basically aesthetic swaps of one another.

Having our characters as these leaders in games like SWTOR, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, etc, tend to create a lot of problems without there being many benefits to it in terms of narrative or gameplay.

Okay. So you not only want Agent to get a specific promotion, you want every class to get a different promotion. So basically go from individual class stories, to one story fits all, then back to individual stories?

That would seem odd. As of now, what we have is 8 people, and then lost to history. History may know it was one of those 8, not sure which, as the records are lost that would for sure have them know why did it all by New Hope Era?

Okay. So you not only want Agent to get a specific promotion, you want every class to get a different promotion. So basically go from individual class stories, to one story fits all, then back to individual stories?

That would seem odd. As of now, what we have is 8 people, and then lost to history. History may know it was one of those 8, not sure which, as the records are lost that would for sure have them know why did it all by New Hope Era?

You haven't been paying attention. There would never have been a one story for all. Every class would get their own story within the framework of Eternal Throne.