Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Open world PvP

mike_carton
08.08.2021 , 04:57 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyranaeus View Post
I mean, OWPvP is more about the experience. Instead of fighting in the same designated PvP maps that have to be queued for, there is something more special, immersive, and thrilling about randomly encountering enemy players, anywhere on a planet. It's the fact that a battle could happen anywhere, at any time, and you have the option to either fight or run, or call on guildies and friends to help. You don't get the same experience in a PvP warzone match, or empty PvP instances. It really brings to life the war between the Republic and Empire, and increases the tension between factions, which is something you don't get when pub and imp players are right next to each other with no option to fight. So ganking and bullying isn't the only reason OWPvP exists.
If any of that were true the PvP instances would be bustling with activity today.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

frennky
08.10.2021 , 09:24 AM | #42
The fact that PvP instances are often empty, doesn't mean he's not right. It means that population interested in such a content is small and/or spread out too thin. This is the reason it needs to be organized as events and add additional incentives in order to get more players in those instances.

DarkTergon
08.10.2021 , 11:08 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Voroschuk View Post
It's not an easy thing, organizing such an event, you need to gather equal teams on both sides (that's a lot of people), you need to create your own quests, rules, make sure everyone follows them, have a price pool, etc. That is a thing only some major influencers can organize (don't even know if this game has those) or a really large guild.
true, but if you want the devs to put time and resources in to it, you need to show an interest, you need to show that people want it. People need to organise it, like the gsf community has organised some GSF events. Get guilds involved, poll the people in game, here, discord, etc. Start by organising small events, even if it's just for a bit of fun, and see how it builds up.
Beware, my friends, as you pass by. As you are now, so once was I
As I'm now, so you must be. Prepare, my friends, to follow me

“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”