Aurora Cannon overturned?

So is it just me or Aurora Cannon difficulty is utterly insane for a daily Heroic mission? I believe it was stated with the inclusion of schutta level scaling that heroics will be soloable for everyoe and a Aurora Cannon saw a number of changes, which indeed allowed players to complete it solo (previously min 3 guys were needed, preferably 4). I haven't played for a couple of years but back during the KOTFE and KOTET times I indeed ran Section X without many problems.

Today, however, I played for the first time since 2018 and was completely butchered at Aurora Cannon. It took me nearly an hour and a Huttbutt-huge pile of credits to complete it legitimately with the bonus mission included. Doesn't seem right to me. Fellow players in chat advised to just run through it which really shouldn't be the case with daily heroic IMO. Overall it is incredibly annoying and frustrating to struggle with the content which have been soloable (combat wise) for many years, even before the Heroics changes with the release of KOTFE.

Aurora Cannon is a daily heroic mission in Section X in case anyone wonders.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, MajorMacMillan said:

So is it just me or Aurora Cannon difficulty is utterly insane for a daily Heroic mission? I believe it was stated with the inclusion of schutta level scaling that heroics will be soloable for everyoe and a Aurora Cannon saw a number of changes, which indeed allowed players to complete it solo (previously min 3 guys were needed, preferably 4). I haven't played for a couple of years but back during the KOTFE and KOTET times I indeed ran Section X without many problems.

Today, however, I played for the first time since 2018 and was completely butchered at Aurora Cannon. It took me nearly an hour and a Huttbutt-huge pile of credits to complete it legitimately with the bonus mission included. Doesn't seem right to me. Fellow players in chat advised to just run through it which really shouldn't be the case with daily heroic IMO. Overall it is incredibly annoying and frustrating to struggle with the content which have been soloable (combat wise) for many years, even before the Heroics changes with the release of KOTFE.

Just as Zuhfb has stated, the heroic is designed for 4 players and the missions makes a note of this in the mission title. The stats of the NPCs are not overtuned, there is simply more adds of a difficult nature that you have to fight at one time; this is not the fault of the level scaling system. 

Previously players were forced into running this heroic with multiple players as there were lazer gates positioned periodically through the heroic instance. Players would need to turn them off while the other player walked through the now empty space where they would do the same in reserve. While this is no longer the case, that content was always designed with multiple players in mind. 

I would recommend one of two things, either listen to the advise and run through to the add or player on a stealth class which would make things easier. You do not need to engage the Commander champion at the end of the heroic to complete it, you can skip him. 

Alternatively, slow down, and treat each fight as:

• Companion => passive
  • Back up until the first enemy of the next group is just barely in range.
  • Attack it, then back up some more to move the group away from its neighbour group.
  • Companion => active
  • Fight!

That got me through in 304s or so during 6.X.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 12:59 PM, MajorMacMillan said:

There is also another way if you have a stealth character and are careful. You can stealth to the end and complete it.  I do that on my stealth characters, but on my others, I just take my time and am careful in how I pull them (I do have a rank 50 companion), and normally can get through without dying if I take it nice and slow.

• Like 2

you can do that on a non-stealth char fairly easily as well, set your companion to healing and just run through the entire area, your companion will pull threat while healing and if you are decently good at pressing "W" you will make it quite a bit before it dies, then you just survive with cooldowns and so on, you might die once on the path but then just ress at that location and run as far as you can until you make it to the end and press the ball

easy way to do it if you cant do it alone/dont have friends to help you

Edited by RikuvonDrake