Maintenance: February 20, 2020

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

We will be taking the servers offline on February 20, 2020 to deploy Game Update 6.1a.

Details:

DATE: February 20, 2020

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 6.1a

Patch notes will be available on Thursday, here: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

Edited by EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Here are the changes coming tomorrow, they will be fully published on the web tomorrow to coincide with the launch of the patch.

• The starting area of Korriban no longer has a floating platform.
  • Republic players on the Mission “The Task at Hand” will find it much more clear where they need to find General Daeruun.
  • Players who qualified for the 5-year Distinguished Veteran Reward: Galactic Alliance Statue will find a new make-good decoration in their mailbox.
  • Corrected an issue which caused some items to have an Ossus Reputation requirement to equip.
  • Corrected an issue where Operation broadcast messages would not display in some circumstances.
  • Darth Malgus will no longer show up as “Darth Malgus Unhooded” in the subtitles of the final cinematic of Onslaught.

-eric

While you are claiming fixing things when are you actulally fix juggernaut warmonger utility bug instead of lie about it? You posted as you fixed it like 2 months ago while not actually fixing it. Edited by omeru

I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that these are the most pressing changes needed in SWTOR at the moment.

Typically, the most "pressing" issues require far more time, discussion, & testing.

This is just a little mini-patch of probably super "easy" coding that BioWare knew could be hotfixed real fast and with low-risk. I know everyone loves to theorize (and fantasize) about some grand conspiracy, but the harsh reality with any MMO is that Dev Teams are constantly between code rocks (bugs) and content hard-places (blunders) .

They have to prioritize and think long-term, neither of which the playerbase is ever completely clued into....much to our collective chagrin. :(

---

•  
  • Players who qualified for the 5-year Distinguished Veteran Reward: Galactic Alliance Statue will find a new make-good decoration in their mailbox.

That ^ is very much appreciated (as long is it's not just some re-skinned mini-pet lol /tease ) and honestly u guys (and gals? ) need to always remember how the little gestures/details tend to go a longgggg way toward maintaining loyal subscriber morale. :cool:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Hey folks,

Here are the changes coming tomorrow, they will be fully published on the web tomorrow to coincide with the launch of the patch.

• The starting area of Korriban no longer has a floating platform.
  • Republic players on the Mission “The Task at Hand” will find it much more clear where they need to find General Daeruun.
  • Corrected an issue which caused some items to have an Ossus Reputation requirement to equip.
  • Corrected an issue where Operation broadcast messages would not display in some circumstances.
  • Darth Malgus will no longer show up as “Darth Malgus Unhooded” in the subtitles of the final cinematic of Onslaught.

-eric

For whatever it's worth: TYVM.

Old fashion bug squashing is always a VERY good thing for everyone ! And it IS very much appreciated !

So what ninja changes will be coming in this patch? What new brilliant "features" that have only been seen and approved by the most elite players in the game are coming? A 100% increase in all boss damage output in NIM raids? A nerf to Sage/Sorc heals as an added "F U" to people who play those classes? How about a nerf to all DPS classes except Vanguards/Powertechs, who actually get a buff?

How about down-scaling all PVPers to level 70 in "old" warzones and arenas (which is all of them)? I'm sure they'd love that.

How about giving all Gunships 1 HP and no shields in GSF, while also nerfing their DPS? They're the new glass cannon... without the cannon.

I'm sure whatever it is, we will all be awestruck by the sheer brilliance of it.

Seriously, they left the vents broken for literally months before fixing them, ruining countless ranked matches, and stuff like this gets hotfixed instantly. It's insane.

No, it's called the spiderweb of CODE.

I'm sure you glossed over my post on page 1 , just so you could hurry-up-and-post-some-sarcastic-rage!!!!! (as if that type of petulant attitude ever does anything other than repel most rational humans, much less a skeleton-crew Dev Team hampered by ugh EA budget )

My unsolicited advice to you: Research C++ code and/or take some courses on Coding in general, to gain a higher understanding. Then your actually warranted criticisms should have greater impact on the criticized. ;)

---

Can we please keep the floating platform? It has become a sacred site.

In SWG , we had similar accidental glitches that became permanant fan-fixtures. (and sometimes even varied per server) ...But since SWTOR isn't a 'sandbox' type game, these fun quirks probably don't work unfortunately.

p.s. Great SIG quote! Best scene in Ep. 8 too, imo :csw_yoda:

---

No one has been able to list their Guild SH since the Alderaan patch. I wouldn't think it'd be a hard fix depending on what caused it.

QFE and this guy ^ gets it!

Edited by Nee-Elder

and the starting point terminals that don't work?

All starting point terminals in all strongholds are bugged, this is not unique to Alderaan. Only the character who unlocked the stronghold to begin with can use them, and the choice made by that character then applies to your whole Legacy.

Can we acknowledge the global cooldown issue?

Hitting a button and getting a reaction has been a standard for nearly all games.

It was smooth and fine pre ability charges, whatever changed with the GCD system still isn't perfect.

Whether its ability charges or to do with phase 1 PTS GCD issues, either way, it really needs fixed.

A handful of fixes every week is better than no fixes every week, so I am happy that you continue with fixing the game.

And while these fixes are not really what forum lurkers want, they are clearly aimed at majority of (casual/new) players that might have no idea what the hell it is on Korriban, or what to do in a quest, or what just happened in the operation without any warning.

Some keep forgetting that the vocal minority that bothers to read or even post on forums is, indeed, a minority of players that play the game. And while I agree that vents killing you in ranked match needs to be fixed yesterday and Warmonger bug on Jugg is annoying (to the point I specced out of it on all my 6 juggs) and let us not start talking about class balance... The majority of players are casuals who probably have no idea what the Ranked PvP is (and don't go there) and is happy when they can clear a story mode ops (and have no intention of ever setting the foot to master mode). They like questing on planets, slowly collecting gear, running some vet FPs or SM opses, do an event and maybe finish a conquest on a char or two. Those guys are the majority, like it or not, and fixing bugs for them should also be prioritized, especially if it is something easy to do. A good first impression is crucial, it is easy to lose a player when he encounters a bug very early in a few days of game. It is not so easy to lose a player when they already invested significantly into game (time, money, friendships). So while I am not really happy with what got fixed, I fully understand why.

Also the sooner they fix the bugs that even casual gamers can spot, the more time time they can spend later for fixes that the veteran players ask for. I mean, I do not want to hurry the devs, but please please could we get some preview of planned changes to classes that were hinted with sorcerer/healer changes that did not make it to 6.1? Just to have something to argue about on forums? :p