Fix Spirit of Vegemce already

RameiArashi

Story mode is supposed to be easily soloable it is not. I cannot take out the snipers during the final booss because the usless companion will stand there letting the other mob kill him. I cannot kill the others because then the snipers fire an instant kill shot.

Either tone it down already or provide the option to skip it all together. Flashpoint shouldn't be party of the main story in the first place.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Story mode is supposed to be easily soloable it is not. I cannot take out the snipers during the final booss because the usless companion will stand there letting the other mob kill him. I cannot kill the others because then the snipers fire an instant kill shot.

Either tone it down already or provide the option to skip it all together. Flashpoint shouldn't be party of the main story in the first place.

Wow, how many posts are you going to make on the same subject. You already said the same thing in 3 other threads on this topic and now you make your own thread on it.

You don’t even tell us what you are using here. How do you expect Bioware to help you when you don’t provide any details.

I tried to help you in another thread and you never returned. If you want some help with this, it would help us if you had some details. Like your gear lvl, your stats, set bonuses, class spec and a detailed description of what is happening. At the moment all you are doing is yelling into the ether. Bioware aren’t going to respond and if you want community help, then you need to help us understand because at the moment we don’t.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

It is easy going solo...it's just a bit long and grindy, maybe. Source: I've run each class through that thing at least once, and haven't died yet. This isn't a "git gud" retort, but seriously, I just can't understand how or why some people find it to be next to impossible.

Also, you can skip it altogether, if we're being completely honest.

Also, you can skip it altogether, if we're being completely honest.

Truly? Can you please tell me how? My main (marksmanship sniper) is up to this point and because I only do the story line (no Ops, Heroics or FPs other than what I need to do to move the story forward), I've been completely dreading this based on what I've been reading on the forums (fora?) and haven't worked up the courage to try it yet. I can't see any way to actually skip this and move forward on the story, so have been thinking that my SWTOR journey has come to an end and I will never be able to go any further :( I freely admit I'm not a brilliant player, which is why I don't do any group content, but I manage to muddle through well enough to keep the story going.

My character's iRating is 277, and nothing is augmented. She has a couple of pieces of gold armour, but that's all. So yes, skipping this roadblock to continue the story would be absolutely brilliant, if you care to share how!

As many as it take to get it fixed. And no it is not easy. The last boss depending on the class can be impossible because of the adds. I beat it on a jedi guardian tank and on a bounty hunter dps., both heavy armor classes. But that was before the mobs stayed in the same room as the snipers. It used to be possible to draw them out of sharpshooter range and deal with them in the other room. Now they wont go and neither will your idiot companion who dies from the mob if I try to take out the sharpshooters or lets the sharpshooters kill me with with one shot if I work on the others. Don't tell me its easy when I gave up after six attempts. I got several state boosters that should work together and a tactical device thats supposed to :do a lot of healing if my health is below 30% see if that helps.

There is no option to skip it. Its required to continue the story. You dont get the other talkie missions or Secrets of the Enclaves which has its own issues, like the skillbar coming unlocked and staying that way. And strange dialogue like 3 people facing you and your 2 associates saying that you are out numbered. Or your character saying we are not alone here when actually there is no one but us three in the room. Or forcing saboteur to make lightside choice without any warning that you wont get the sabotge option if you go darkside. But its easily soloed once you manage to restore all your skills that went flying off the skill bar. Onlike this flashpointg every other one can be easily done in story mode.

Truly? Can you please tell me how? My main (marksmanship sniper) is up to this point and because I only do the story line (no Ops, Heroics or FPs other than what I need to do to move the story forward), I've been completely dreading this based on what I've been reading on the forums (fora?) and haven't worked up the courage to try it yet. I can't see any way to actually skip this and move forward on the story, so have been thinking that my SWTOR journey has come to an end and I will never be able to go any further :( I freely admit I'm not a brilliant player, which is why I don't do any group content, but I manage to muddle through well enough to keep the story going.

My character's iRating is 277, and nothing is augmented. She has a couple of pieces of gold armour, but that's all. So yes, skipping this roadblock to continue the story would be absolutely brilliant, if you care to share how!

We have at least one participant here on these forums who says that he completed it in those green 268-rated pieces that he got from the Onslaught mission rewards.

I can say for sure that it doesn't require fully augmented set bonus gear or any nonsense like that. You should have a nice reserve of Tech Frags (check in the Currency tab of your Inventory panel - at the very least you get 100 every time you level up your Renown rank) that you can use to buy better gear at the vendor in the rear-middle of the second-to-last (counting clockwise) bay in the Supplies section of Fleet. Buy a single item for your lowest-rated slot, equip it, and then buy the next one. It will always be an improvement until you get to 306.

Anyway, why can I say for sure that it doesn't require fully augmented set bonus gear? Well, all of my characters who have gone through (Vengeance Jugg, Gunnery Commando, Infiltration Shadow) it have been in plain 306s, no set bonus, no augments, and not really a perfect stat mix either. One of them (Infiltration Shadow) died once because I advanced too quickly in "the big room after the kitchen" and aggroed lots of groups of mobs. That ended badly, needless to say, but it was my fault for advancing too fast.

Spend some of those Tech Frags, and give it a try. Take it slow, use the long range you have as a Sniper to pull each successive group of enemies, top them, and then move on. When fighting any group, kill weaker mobs first, and try to take out healers as early as possible. Prioritise the "Snipers" who appear for one of the bosses because they have nasty-big attacks, but aren't remotely strong. Get out of enemy area of effects (signalled by floor markers) - this rule is colloquially expressed as "Don't Stand In Stupid"...

Do dig in the "max level character" guides on e.g. vulkk.com - some of what they say isn't relevant (er, because it applies to group activities and/or to PvP), but the guides about e.g. which Utilities to take are useful for everyone.

Remember: Something that you find difficult is a lesson on how to play better, not a punishment for playing badly.

And do give it a try. You might surprise yourself.

As many as it take to get it fixed. And no it is not easy. The last boss depending on the class can be impossible because of the adds. I beat it on a jedi guardian tank and on a bounty hunter dps., both heavy armor classes.

It was merely tedious and "not sure what's happening because it's the first run" for my first victory, Infiltration Shadow (light armour). I wouldn't say it was *easy*, but what made it "hard" was hard *work* (laboriousness) rather than hard difficulty.

But that was before the mobs stayed in the same room as the snipers. It used to be possible to draw them out of sharpshooter range and deal with them in the other room.

Weird. I've never done that, and I never noticed that the snipers were even remotely "interesting". (Er, in the "May you live in interesting times" sense of "interesting".) I think I had read something about them being priority targets, and just hit them until they fell over.

Now they wont go and neither will your idiot companion

Well, if you want him to follow you out the door, do the same thing that you do for any other companion: put him on Passive until he's out the door with you.

who dies from the mob if I try to take out the sharpshooters or lets the sharpshooters kill me with with one shot if I work on the others. Don't tell me its easy when I gave up after six attempts. I got several state boosters that should work together and a tactical device thats supposed to :do a lot of healing if my health is below 30% see if that helps.

Why shouldn't I say it was easy? Well, it wasn't "walk down the corridor spaming basic attacks" easy, but on my first runs through it, during the week it released, I got blocked by one "no clickable clicky to go to the next room" bug and killed by one instance of messing up and aggroing half the mobs in the big room after the kitchen, and that's it.

And that was on an Infiltration Shadow who doesn't have a meaningful set bonus, and doesn't have the right tactical and doesn't have any augments, but does have 306s. 306s are *not* hard to get. Slightly tedious, but not hard.

Overall, the debate about this FP sounds a *lot* like the blither about the KotET Chapter IX Vaylin fight, with one camp saying that it's impossible and all that, while the other camp can't figure out what the fuss is about.

And no it is not easy.

Yeah, actually, it is. At least, it's easy for most of the SWTOR players. The fact that it's not easy for you doesn't mean that the problem is the game. In fact, just based on numbers alone, it's obvious that the problem is you.

Gear up, use tactics, and enjoy progression in your game...your alternative is to continue ranting about something for which you absolutely refuse to take responsibility, despite the fact that most players have knocked out this flashpoint multiple times without difficulty. Are you at all familiar with the phrase, "Fifty million Elvis fans can't be wrong"?

I had the hardest time on my Operative. So ignore the two snipers target one of the heavy NPC's I don't recall the exact name. With your companion. Use your heroic moment on them. A full first cycle of all attacks usually does it for me. Then Like you said your companion's health is low. Jump to the nearest Healing terminal. Then target one of the snipers set your companion to attack the same one. By this time your heroic moment is ready to use on the second cycle take out the one sniper move on to the second.

This far in the game, you should have learned you must Micro-Manage your Companions.

As many as it take to get it fixed. And no it is not easy. The last boss depending on the class can be impossible because of the adds. I beat it on a jedi guardian tank and on a bounty hunter dps., both heavy armor classes. But that was before the mobs stayed in the same room as the snipers. It used to be possible to draw them out of sharpshooter range and deal with them in the other room. Now they wont go and neither will your idiot companion who dies from the mob if I try to take out the sharpshooters or lets the sharpshooters kill me with with one shot if I work on the others. Don't tell me its easy when I gave up after six attempts. I got several state boosters that should work together and a tactical device thats supposed to :do a lot of healing if my health is below 30% see if that helps.

There is no option to skip it. Its required to continue the story. You dont get the other talkie missions or Secrets of the Enclaves which has its own issues, like the skillbar coming unlocked and staying that way. And strange dialogue like 3 people facing you and your 2 associates saying that you are out numbered. Or your character saying we are not alone here when actually there is no one but us three in the room. Or forcing saboteur to make lightside choice without any warning that you wont get the sabotge option if you go darkside. But its easily soloed once you manage to restore all your skills that went flying off the skill bar. Onlike this flashpointg every other one can be easily done in story mode.

Ok, so you did it on a Gusrdian tank and DPS Merc (great). What classes/specs are you now trying and failing with?

What role do you have the companion set at.

Maybe we can offer some advice if we know what’s happening because many of us here are not having an issue and some of us actually feel Bioware nerfed it too much already.

I had the hardest time on my Operative. So ignore the two snipers target one of the heavy NPC's I don't recall the exact name. With your companion. Use your heroic moment on them. A full first cycle of all attacks usually does it for me. Then Like you said your companion's health is low. Jump to the nearest Healing terminal. Then target one of the snipers set your companion to attack the same one. By this time your heroic moment is ready to use on the second cycle take out the one sniper move on to the second.

This far in the game, you should have learned you must Micro-Manage your Companions.

Both of your posts are assuming a lot, unless I missed the post where they claimed they were a vertern player.

Firstly, they might not have all the datacrons, so don't have all the bonus (i know, shocking in this day and age, but you forget we had hundreds of NEW players recently)

Secondly, they might not have unlock the heroic moments extras, so HM, does it standard thing (TBH, can't remember the actual buff) but not have the extra attacks.

Thirdly, they may have a physical reason they can't move, and change, etc as fast as other players.

You can do it, congratulations, but not everyone is you. The czerka bot that we get in other FP's, should be available in solo modes of these FP's, as they are important part of the story, and needed to progress .

What difference does it make to you, or anyone if that person gets a bot, you can dismiss it. It won't change your game, won't effect you in any way.

Ok, so you did it on a Gusrdian tank and DPS Merc (great). What classes/specs are you now trying and failing with?

What role do you have the companion set at.

Maybe we can offer some advice if we know what’s happening because many of us here are not having an issue and some of us actually feel Bioware nerfed it too much already.

instead of nerfing it the way they did, they should have let the bot loose, that way the fp could be as challenging as people want. The both would help those who need it, and those that don't, can dismiss it

I'd be happy if they would fix the drops. I have done Spirit of Vengeance and Secrets of the Enclave on 3 different characters, all with irateings over 290. But the drops are all in the range of 272 (green gear) to 286 (blue gear) and NOT anywhere close to my irating. If I'm lucky I might get ONE item that is at my irateing or just a point or two higher but that is it. Last time I ran these I got NOTHING that came even close to my irateing.

I always thought that the drops for a level 75 Flashpoint were supposed to be equal to or higher than your irateing. Not 10 to 25 points below your irateing for every single item dropped. Makes it kind of hard to upgrade your gear when all you get is Garbage and Trash for drops.

Edited by denavin

The tone in these sort of discussions is what bugs me mostly. I'm in the camp of wanting the trash/add HP slashed to reduce the drag some (just in Story, I find the other modes fine, in fact, doing a duo veteran run feels infinitely smoother than a solo story run), and I think that would make life easier on a lot of people in the boss fights with adds.. but..

I am confident I could complete it with no trouble on any class with any spec in 270-rated gear with any rank 1 companion. I have done it on a number of specs when playing somewhere other than on my main server. I know full well that I should not be the benchmark for these things, and I'm certainly not the kind to say that just because I can do it, anyone should be able to (or even.. because I can do it, it's easy!), but it does then rub me the wrong way when seeing this "impossible" word get thrown around so much. It's not impossible just because you can't do it. Say it's problematic, say you consider it to be too hard, but don't say that it's impossible, because it's not.

There's a lot of different opinions regarding ideal difficulty in this game, and it's made a little worse by the inclusion of the 'solo-story' option (for older story FPs I'd been known to drop the auto-granted [sTORY] FP mission and then either solo veteran mode or group up for master to progress the story instead, but that doesn't work on the newer ones, so even people wanting more of a challenge have to do the story mode), but in general I think the last two FPs have been too much of a chore. I feel like they're scaled around the idea that 306 gear is fairly easy to achieve now, and I don't think that's a great idea.

We used to have a situation where people could pick easier or harder options, and now everyone is forced through the same route which some consider too easy and others consider too hard. I think they should slash the story trash/add HP and allow story progression via other modes again.

Edited by cyrusramsey

instead of nerfing it the way they did, they should have let the bot loose, that way the fp could be as challenging as people want. The both would help those who need it, and those that don't, can dismiss it

I agree and also suggested something similar at the time. But BioWare love their nerf hammer in this game. They would rather make it unchallenging for the majority to cater to the lowest skilled players. It’s why people can’t clear content like this because they dumbed down the vanilla part of the game so much that people don’t know what half their abilities do or how to deal with boss mechanics.

"Gearing up" is not an option.

I'm at 272-278 gear depending on character. It's what the game gave me for playing. It's what I should only need. I don't have the hours and hours of playing time necessary to get to 306 gear. It took 45 minutes and almost all my tech fragments to get my Jedi Knight into all 278 gear. I'm not spending hours on the fleet just to buy up gear, and even then with a limit of 10,000 tech fragments I have to play hours of other stuff to get back to 10,000. I have other characters to play, so I can get that eventually, but it takes almost a month real world time because I don't play everyday, and it's all this for just one character.

I can't take the Jedi Knight on groups stuff for two reasons. One, I have tried group stuff before but kept dying because I don't have 306 gear. Two, I can't go on group stuff anyway because my character is stuck in the Story of this Flashpoint now. I cannot abandon it. I can reset it to start over, but I can't leave it.

In any case, I can reach the Final Boss with the gear I have. It's definitely hard, but I can reach the end. I always die on the Second Wave of help. No strategy advice works. Go for the snipers first, I die. Go for the mob first, I die. Use Heroic Moment, I die. Use interrupts, I die. Fight the mob in the other room, I die.

I cannot complete it. I am not playing the game wrong. I've been playing this character for 75+ levels. It's the same story with my Jedi Consular, though he has a lot of problems with the First Boss. Telling me this is easy means nothing to me. It is not easy. Yes it is impossible for me. When the second wave arrives I die at most 5 seconds later. Every time, all the time. I've only managed to kill one sniper with my Knight. My Consular can't even do that. He barely hurts him.

It should not be this way. If you feel earlier content is too easy, I fully support your protest that Bioware should give the option to play at a harder difficulty level. Why can't you return the favor and allow for the easier Story Mode content we've been playing with since Ilum?

"Gearing up" is not an option.

Incorrect. Gearing up is an option - you just don't feel like doing it. Unfortunately for you and the six other players in the universe who can't get past this flashpoint, "I don't wanna put effort into it" is not a viable excuse.

You don't even have to use 306 gear...but your post is all about your refusal to do anything aside from just kicking back and enjoying the scenery while the game simply hands you a completed flashpoint. I suppose the only way you'd be happy is if it was "install game, log in, max level, all rewards, roll credits"...but then you'd probably be here saying the game was too easy, and demanding changes to that.

No one has made a compelling argument as to why you're not able to complete the flashpoint. The best retort thus far was someone saying "it's virtually unbeatable," and that's just laughable at best.

You won't listen to reason, you refuse to listen to sound advice...so...what do you want, exactly? They're not going to nerf it again, because there's really nothing left to nerf...so you can pretty much throw that Christmas wish list out the window. What do you want?

I completely 100% agree with what you're saying. I was barely able to do it on my Merc dps some time ago. I died two times, and on the third try I dished out with everything I had and was just able to successfully complete the final boss fight. But this is absurd! Whoever did this just didn't care, or was drunk or was really high! When it first came out, I had so much trouble on my main jedi guardian completiontist.

So, saying this, I completely agree 100% with your predicament. So many other people besides us have had huge amounts of trouble with this damn flashpoint. It needs the amount of tweaking to make it like the other solo mode flashpoints in the past, especially when it comes to completion for story requirement. And despite the npc companion being there with you, there should also be our lovely second best friend which is the combat droid. With that said, this flashpoint needs to be like the others in the past.

Good stuff.

Thank you so much for your advice and encouragement. I will keep plugging away at getting those tech fragments then, when I have a large block of spare time on an upcoming weekend (in a couple of weeks), will have a go.

Appreciate your kindness and patience!

You don't even have to use 306 gear...but your post is all about your refusal to do anything aside from just kicking back and enjoying the scenery while the game simply hands you a completed flashpoint. I suppose the only way you'd be happy is if it was "install game, log in, max level, all rewards, roll credits"...but then you'd probably be here saying the game was too easy, and demanding changes to that.

Exactly because that's how I, and likely others, have been able to play and enjoy the game since we started playing. I don't participate in PvP. I don't participate in Guild Conquests of Planets. I don't participate in group Operations. I don't have to. I shouldn't need to. For those who do such things they're welcome to them. Enjoy. Have fun. For such expert and hard play you need to take the effort to get the best gear. Go for it. Since that is not what I'm into I don't participate in those voluntary activities. I'll never be on the leader boards, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

However, for the casual story game that I've been playing since Tython/Ord Mantell/Korriban/Hutta to Corelia to Ilum to Manaan to Rishi to Yavin (with or without a detour to Makeb) to Zakuul to Iokath to Meksha back to Corellia to Satele's Mind, wanting to be able to continue such play is not a blasphemous sin of unreasonable desire.

I don't even have a level 50 Companion. Does that insult your ego too?

Exactly because that's how I, and likely others, have been able to play and enjoy the game since we started playing. I don't participate in PvP. I don't participate in Guild Conquests of Planets. I don't participate in group Operations. I don't have to. I shouldn't need to. For those who do such things they're welcome to them. Enjoy. Have fun. For such expert and hard play you need to take the effort to get the best gear. Go for it. Since that is not what I'm into I don't participate in those voluntary activities. I'll never be on the leader boards, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

However, for the casual story game that I've been playing since Tython/Ord Mantell/Korriban/Hutta to Corelia to Ilum to Manaan to Rishi to Yavin (with or without a detour to Makeb) to Zakuul to Iokath to Meksha back to Corellia to Satele's Mind, wanting to be able to continue such play is not a blasphemous sin of unreasonable desire.

You don't need hours and hours to gear. I have many alts. I play only the story. When I get a higher-level piece of gear I use it. Once I got a full set of DPS 306 gear I used it on my Tank until it had all 306 gear for the tanks. I then share the sets among my other alts as needed. I don't do anything but the stories.

Exactly because that's how I, and likely others, have been able to play and enjoy the game since we started playing. I don't participate in PvP. I don't participate in Guild Conquests of Planets. I don't participate in group Operations.

I don't do those things either. OK, yes, I set my vanity guilds' invasion targets for a chance at better rewards if I make the guild targets, but that's all.

And all my level-75 characters have at least 304 gear. Some of them have BiS set bonus sets (er, OK, that's a couple of Shadow/Assassins who've bought Death Knell, but ...), but only some.

I don't have to.

No, you don't. I don't have to either, and I don't do those things, except that occasionally I play a few rounds (at most three a week) of unranked warzones because that's the week's GS PO but even then, only if I can be bothered to do it.

I shouldn't need to.

And my example shows that you *don't* need to.

For those who do such things they're welcome to them. Enjoy. Have fun. For such expert and hard play you need to take the effort to get the best gear. Go for it. Since that is not what I'm into I don't participate in those voluntary activities. I'll never be on the leader boards, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I won't be on the leader boards either. I hate GSF with a passion that burns like carbon subnitride, so nothing will persuade me to do that stuff, for example.

No, but flatly refusing to exert yourself even one tiny bit for it *is* unreasonable.

Shrug. Whatever. (Er, no, I don't care what you do or do not do to or with your companions.)

The key point is that what I do, I do because it's what I want, and because I'm lazy. The difference is that because I'm lazy *in* combat, I do what it takes *out* of combat to have the extra edge that good gear gives me, even in lowbie content.

Same. I don't care for PvP or GSF; too toxic. I don't really care about Conquest anymore. I think the Galactic Grind is broken and stupid, and the powers that be are too lazy to fix it. ("We know it's broken, but we're not doing anything about it till next season, because work is hard" is not an excuse.) Never been a huge fan of Operations. Great; we at least have something in common.

No one is stopping you from continuing your style of play; rather, they're just not catering to the whims of a very small, yet extremely vocal, minority of people who are having their lunch money stolen by this particular flashpoint.

As for your companions, your gear, or anything else - I couldn't possibly care less about it. Nothing you have, nothing you do...not even anything you say, here or in-game...affects my "ego" one way or the other. In fact, I'd propose the opposite - you seem like you're upset with me because not only can I not understand the difficulty you have with this flashpoint, but I can't even understand why the few of you complaining about it cannot and will not listen to reason, and refuse to follow the advice of others. Jamming your fingers into your ears and stomping your feet will get you nowhere.

This thread, and the copycat threads like this one, are devoid of any significant support and are slowly dying off. At this rate, they'll eventually be archived, and you'll apparently still be baffled by a flashpoint that, while still a bit "grindy" for my personal taste, has been otherwise nerfed into the Yawn Zone. Good luck with your future posts; I'll be busy playing the game and having fun, as usual.

I'm bothered that this flashpoint does not have the same difficulty level as all previous story content has been. I'm "upset" that people insist I'm playing the game wrong and have Incorrect Thinking for wanting the same game play experience I've been having. You can play the game your way, but you keep scolding me for wanting to play my way. Edited by Hadsil