Why only 2 combat styles.

Darkchip

Honestly to me when i heard that we were going to have multiable combat styles depending on if we were tech users or force users i was excited because i was like great i only have to lvl and do stuff on 2 toons now since i will have access to all the combat styles now rather then having to do it on 8 diff toons which gets time consuming.

I get onto the PTS and then saw their was only 2 slots i was like ok so you can only have 2 at a time ok so where do i go to change these but nope they are permadent and not only that but you can learn the same combat style twice basicly the pub and imp side.

Honestly i was stunned when i learned that then to top it off only force users get the option to later change their main style over to the other side 1 time and the tech users don't get that.

Is their a reason we only get 2 instead of just giving use them all it would fix alot of issues people have with their classes being screwed over and basicly wasting a slot, i've been a mara main since the game released and let me tell you the state they are in now i warn everyone off them and the few that didn't tell me the same thing they are trash atm, so my main has a wasted slot surely you can just pick another good class as your secandary i could but what happens if they also get nerfed into the ground, i will have a useless toon.

People are already talking about them as if they are a waste of space not just maras but the whole warrior line in general and i don't see how restricting us to just 2 is going to fix it, have it that once you finish a path story you have access to their style no needing to pick you just have access to them it would make alot of people happy and would remove the stress for alot of people.

Edit: because as it see it now i can picture alot of tech users just going gunslinger and merc since they will only need to level up one set of weapons and armor since they will be the same on both same with sorc and jug.

Edited by Darkchip

They don't want to eliminate the use of alts, and yeah, they need to be permanent.

But I do think adding a 3rd and 4th combat style slot for an appropriate amount of cartel coins would be nice to have in the future. Not at launch of 7.0, but in the future. They'd need to be like 6000 CC so it's only worth getting on your main and maybe a secondary.