blizzard is doing it

Exzidus

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. One thing undeniable is Blizzard's knack for success. Maybe BW ought to follow in their footsteps on this one!

They already have, the problem is people are used to it now.

Regular 1x XP now is the old 6x XP.

Edited by xordevoreaux

We had like months of double xp last year and leveling is so easy already, i don't see the point.

Even with double xp i wouldnt go back to wow. Not only do i have every class there already as what is waiting for you at max level is a nightmare. So, xp is not what that game urgently needs. Incidently, neither does this one. The double xp ends up being double renown event really.

Edited by Nemmar

** I honestly don't care what is happening in another game. … (especially WoW)

**Double XP ?? While I agree that we could all use something to boost moral a bit … we are already getting XP bonus free upon completing sections of the game ?? ( I usually have a few left overs)

**** That said … I have to be honest … I'm not quite what the team would be willing to spring for... but it would be nice. I would prefer a little something (event or item to earn) …. that would be more fitting to this game.

What would that be ?? I defer that answer to a team member for the best response.

EDIT: I would rather suspect that at this time the best answer that could be given : (might look something like) "We're working on it … more later"....

It does take a while to put the program together !

Edited by OlBuzzard

They should put it in because it's the right thing to do with so many people stuck stuck at home.

I'm stuck at home, for sure, but I'm stuck at home *working*.

But, indeed, "because blizzard is doing it" is not the right reason. The right reason, although my point above suggests that it is a fairly weak reason, is that people are stuck at home because of the Covid thing.

Leveling isn't easy enough? I mean you basically going to be max level before you even finish your class story with double XP. I suppose it doesn't matter if that is what you want. But it doesn't seem like it is necessary, or even enjoyable, to me.

Leveling isn't easy enough? I mean you basically going to be max level before you even finish your class story with double XP. I suppose it doesn't matter if that is what you want. But it doesn't seem like it is necessary, or even enjoyable, to me.

I think at this point, many people would enjoy bonus XP. For that reason alone BW ought to consider it, I mean if they can add just a little bit of good to the world right now for the people using the game as an escape that would be a nice gesture.

How does turning on a game's EXP gain cause any problems or hurt anything? It doesn't! That's why they probably ought to just be cool and add some perks to those who are finding the time to play their game during these hard times and turn on the XP bonus or do something else for the sake of being nice.

I know this company struggles to treat people nice unless they are given money like most businesses, but for this situation they really ought to make some effort in doing something nice for those who loyally play this game even during times like now.

To be completely honest, they should rather focus on fixing bugs, bringing more character customizations, bringing the requested armors/weapons mentioned in the official cartel market armor/weapon thread or doing other, important stuff instead of giving us another XP Event while it is already EXTREMELY fast and easy to level up. If anything besides of the mentioned things they could focus on, they could give us a Double Valor Event. Edited by Jesseriah

Just my opinion, but I don't need or want it. Leveling is already quite fast and painless, and honestly, I enjoy the old original part of the game from level 1-50 the best of all.

Endgame has gotten rather boring for me. Hammer Station is nice, but I wonder why GF never seems to kick up some FP's like Colicoid Wargames.

It would be great if they could just slap together another DvsL event. Even just re-running the old one. Sure, it would probably be buggy as hell, but "any port in a storm".

Then I would be tempted to start two new characters, but even then 2x XP wouldn't be something I'd need.

If SWTOR was to shut down, it would be a toss-up between going back to WoW or GW2, but that would just be temporary while I explore other new games. In any case, the XP rate would have nothing to do with it. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

It would be great if they could just slap together another DvsL event. Even just re-running the old one. Sure, it would probably be buggy as hell, but "any port in a storm".

Then I would be tempted to start two new characters, but even then 2x XP wouldn't be something I'd need.

If SWTOR was to shut down, it would be a toss-up between going back to WoW or GW2, but that would just be temporary while I explore other new games. In any case, the XP rate would have nothing to do with it. 🙂

Kind of what I'm thinking.

And if the even were interesting enough it could be a launching platform to become a more permanent fixture ….

As to the exact nomenclature of the event up for discussion .. that's the teams department !!

I know that their plates are full ATM... and many of them are probably having to seriously look at working from home. I know that in Ohio (where my in-laws live) many business (restaurants for example) and schools are already shut down (and have been for a little while now). Things are changing abruptly …. and rapidly.

At any rate. We should be cognizant and sensitive to such matters.

Yes there is an opportunity here for everyone... Yet that opportunity needs to be tempered with a sense of reality that other things that could be taking place as well.

To the team: Hang in there … Our prayers and concerns are with you. Hopefully all of you are safe.

Can games do the right thing and not capitalize on a global pandemic? I mean, the exchange rate in AU has made the subscription more expensive and I would rather measures addressed to keeping sub prices static for international players or actually policing their own game when Italy has an insane death toll towards people who are treating this as one big joke. Send a message to all players telling them we're all in this together and to stay safe.

But a double XP event isn't going to do a thing to help anyone. SWTOR has an insanely fast levelling system.