The Return of Darth Jadus

Ylliarus

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an outcome where Jadus dies. And because of this, I don't think they'll ever bring him back.

There is no outcome where Jadus dies. He is alive and well

I'm all for Jadus to come back. Even the Emperor mentioned how Jadus was only 2nd to himself in regard to power, so he could make for a good baddie

There is no outcome where Jadus dies. He is alive and well

I'm all for Jadus to come back. Even the Emperor mentioned how Jadus was only 2nd to himself in regard to power, so he could make for a good baddie

No, he didn't say that. He said "the best Sith my Empire ever produced"

He does not specify what metrics he was judging by. Considering he and Valk share mind boggling levels of irrational genocidal tendencies, I'd say power isn't what Valk was talking about

No, he didn't say that. He said "the best Sith my Empire ever produced"

He does not specify what metrics he was judging by. Considering he and Valk share mind boggling levels of irrational genocidal tendencies, I'd say power isn't what Valk was talking about

"Damn it, we can’t fight him on our own—his power is second to the Emperor’s.”

—Watcher Two (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

"Darth Jadus: the best Sith my empire ever produced."

—Valkorion (Knights of the Fallen Empire)

Description of Jadus: Darth Jadus was a male Human Dark Lord of the Sith of the resurgent Sith Empire and a member of the Emperor's Dark Council. Said to be second in power to only the Emperor himself, Jadus initially concentrated his attention on overseeing the Imperial Intelligence network, controlling it through various liaisons. Concerned about the future of the Empire due to his fellow Lords' constant civil wars and xenophobia, Jadus eventually began a secret coup against the Dark Council, seeking to unify the Empire and bring the ways of the Sith directly to its citizens.

It was asserted by Imperial Intelligence employees that Darth Jadus' powers were second only to the Emperor. This was acknowledged by the Emperor himself who, in a conversation with Cipher Nine, declared Jadus to be the best Sith his Empire had ever produced.

so i think we can safely assume that Jadus was the second most powerful sith

"Damn it, we can’t fight him on our own—his power is second to the Emperor’s.”

—Watcher Two (Star Wars: The Old Republic)

"Darth Jadus: the best Sith my empire ever produced."

—Valkorion (Knights of the Fallen Empire)

Description of Jadus: Darth Jadus was a male Human Dark Lord of the Sith of the resurgent Sith Empire and a member of the Emperor's Dark Council. Said to be second in power to only the Emperor himself, Jadus initially concentrated his attention on overseeing the Imperial Intelligence network, controlling it through various liaisons. Concerned about the future of the Empire due to his fellow Lords' constant civil wars and xenophobia, Jadus eventually began a secret coup against the Dark Council, seeking to unify the Empire and bring the ways of the Sith directly to its citizens.

It was asserted by Imperial Intelligence employees that Darth Jadus' powers were second only to the Emperor. This was acknowledged by the Emperor himself who, in a conversation with Cipher Nine, declared Jadus to be the best Sith his Empire had ever produced.

so i think we can safely assume that Jadus was the second most powerful sith

No, we cannot, that is a logical fallacy

Those are two completely independent statements, made by two different people in two different places totally unaware of each other.

Watcher Two is hardly qualified to make such a claim. Other members of the Dark Council likely have a very different opinion on the matter. She also probably didn't even know about Scourge, who most likely found Jadus to be childish (at best).

I've only ever seen Jadus as a wannabe Dread Master

Those are two completely independent statements, made by two different people in two different places totally unaware of each other.

Watcher Two is hardly qualified to make such a claim. Other members of the Dark Council likely have a very different opinion on the matter. She also probably didn't even know about Scourge, who most likely found Jadus to be childish (at best).

Emperor himself said Jadus is best Sith his Empire ever produced so it's ultimate proof Jadus is second to Emperor. Simple logical thinking lol

Agreed. Firstly, Watcher Two is not in a position to accurately judge the "power" of a Sith in relation to other Sith, and second, the Dark Council is also described as second in power to only the Emperor, so Watcher Two could very will be meaning Jadus's standing and power level of a Dark Councilor. Valkorion saying that Jadus was the best Sith the Empire produced is not the same as saying that Jadus is the most powerful Sith the Empire has produced. Strong, most likely. One does not get on the Dark Council unless they are strong or there is a need for a completely nonsensical inheritance of the position as in the case of Zhorrid.

I have always seen Jadus as a generic Bond villain, which completely fits with the generic spy tropes that the Agent story is rife with.

Agreed. Firstly, Watcher Two is not in a position to accurately judge the "power" of a Sith in relation to other Sith, and second, the Dark Council is also described as second in power to only the Emperor, so Watcher Two could very will be meaning Jadus's standing and power level of a Dark Councilor. Valkorion saying that Jadus was the best Sith the Empire produced is not the same as saying that Jadus is the most powerful Sith the Empire has produced. Strong, most likely. One does not get on the Dark Council unless they are strong or there is a need for a completely nonsensical inheritance of the position as in the case of Zhorrid.

I have always seen Jadus as a generic Bond villain, which completely fits with the generic spy tropes that the Agent story is rife with.

Your opinion < what's stated clearly in game

and the dark council is only answerable to the emperor - while the 12 make up the most powerful individuals. Which means they aren't all equal. And I think an espionage force would be accurate in understanding and knowing who was more powerful. They work for the sith after all, and they like to betray one another. You kind of need to know if you can do that.

Here is a continued description of Jadus: Jadus rose to prominence among the Sith during the years of the Great Galactic War and the subsequent cold war, securing a position for himself on the sith's dark council and developing into its most powerful member. In fact his power was so great people would be in pain being around him due to the power of the dark side radiating from him.

and the dark council is only answerable to the emperor - while the 12 make up the most powerful individuals. Which means they aren't all equal. And I think an espionage force would be accurate in understanding and knowing who was more powerful. They work for the sith after all, and they like to betray one another. You kind of need to know if you can do that.

Here is a continued description of Jadus: Jadus rose to prominence among the Sith during the years of the Great Galactic War and the subsequent cold war, securing a position for himself on the sith's dark council and developing into its most powerful member. In fact his power was so great people would be in pain being around him due to the power of the dark side radiating from him.

It is rude to quote without crediting your source.

Jadus was a male Human Dark Lord of the Sith. Presumably born on the Sith capital of Dromund Kaas,[1] located in the Outer Rim,[3] Jadus rose to prominence among the Sith during the years of the Great Galactic War and the subsequent Cold War, securing a position for himself on the Sith's Dark Council and developing into its most powerful member.

Wookiepeedia, whist an excellent resource that is utilized by many, including myself, is not an official source. It is complied and written by fans. Also from Wookiepeedia:

A Sith Warrior, Darth Marr was a remarkably powerful practitioner of the dark side; his strength was such that he ascended to a seat on the Dark Council while still in his early twenties.[1][10] He was able to maintain his position over the next forty years while the tenure of some Councilors lasted mere weeks. Even Emperor Vitiate saw the potential threat that Darth Marr as well as Darth Mortis had on his throne.

Hmm, Vitiate would not be worried that Darth Marr was a threat to their power if Marr was not a power that was second only to Vitiate.

What Watcher Two specifically said is "Damn it, we can't fight him on our own — his power is second to the Emperor's." And that is true for everyone on the Dark Council (except for Zhorrid). People read a lot into that "second to the Emperor" line.

Edited by ceryxp

Oh the irony of using a non-game citation...

"Best" is not a synonym for "power" in the English language.

Watcher Two is stating an uneducated opinion

Ergo, the game does not state his power level. Period.

• 1 month later...
Lana mentioned Darth Jadus on Iokath. Although in the agent's vision by Valkorion, Jadus was dead but with other classes, you can't know. I would love to see him return, he is my most favorite sith in this game and despite being "second in power to the Emperor" he was quickly neglected. He must return.

Just no more big bad guys that are against both factions.

I can see him as emperor or something, but lets keep the story aimed as the Sith Vs Republic

Agreed, lets keep it this way for a while.

Jadus isn’t a believable enemy, he would be far too weak compared to PCs given we can beat Vitiate (which I think is a mistake).

And I absolutely don’t support him showing up randomly with an army of ships and troops again out of nowhere, been there done that and again its not believable.

Bring him back as someone who dethrones Acina/Vowrawn absolutely that will also fix the sith leader which I think is an improvement. Meanwhile the republic story is focussed around electing a new chancellor and rebuilding the Jedi order.

Meanwhile the republic story is focussed around electing a new chancellor and rebuilding the Jedi order.

Would be nice if Galena Rans could stay as Chancellor. She seems like a decent person, who would probably be good for the Republic.

Jadus taking over Acina / Vowrawn would be nice though, at least there would only be 1 ruler for that faction, instead of 2 who can both potentially be dead when the other is Empress/Emperor.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought of something. For agents that become the Hand of Jadus, you are sent on a mission to recover datapads from dead Imperial Guardsmen on Hoth. In recovering these datapads, Jadus learns of the Emperor's plan to wipe out all life in the galaxy. And so Jadus leaves the galaxy. Given Jadus's disappearance and prolonged absence no matter what you choose to do on the Dominator, I think its safe to assume that he learns the Emperor's plans and leaves the galaxy no matter what.

I think Jadus hasn't returned yet because the Emperor has been alive this whole time and the galaxy hasn't been wiped out yet. Someone as powerful as Jadus could no doubt sense if either of these things changed. With this in mind it would be foolish of Jadus to return when a galactic threat like the Emperor is still at large and could potentially annihilate the galaxy at any moment. But now the Emperor is gone forever, which means there's nothing keeping Jadus away.

This is just a theory that I thought of today, but it does make a lot of sense. Hopefully with the Emperor gone we will see Jadus return sooner rather than later.

Yes, he left galaxy exactly because of Emperor's plans to wipe out whole life.

But questions are like where he went? For what (except hiding and waiting)? Did he was doing something by his agents e.g to help us to kill Emperor? Was he creating his own Empire during all this time?

And when he will finally return and for what purpose? To take Imperial throne or challenge Empire or maybe as ally?

I'm as well waiting for Jadus return. I hope and it'd be cool if that would happen or maybe only a hint or cutscene with Jadus on 10th anniversary.

• 1 year later...