Master Mode Ops

xXNotABotXx

Hello all, first time writing here.

Anyone has a tip on how to begin veteran / master mode ops? I just grouped for Dread Fortress in Hard Mode (I don't know if that's vet or master) and it seems that my dps was low so they nicely kicked me out.

My question is, to what point do I have to get it to be able to participate in this aspect of the game? I have conquest gear of a total rating 327, while MM flashpoints only go up to 326 (if that didn't change with 7.1), and vet ops obviously are hard for me at this point, so what's the path I should follow?

Hello all, first time writing here.

Anyone has a tip on how to begin veteran / master mode ops? I just grouped for Dread Fortress in Hard Mode (I don't know if that's vet or master) and it seems that my dps was low so they nicely kicked me out.

My question is, to what point do I have to get it to be able to participate in this aspect of the game? I have conquest gear of a total rating 327, while MM flashpoints only go up to 326 (if that didn't change with 7.1), and vet ops obviously are hard for me at this point, so what's the path I should follow?

It sounds like you are relatively new to the game, or perhaps the class and spec you are playing.

Master Mode Operations [NiM) is the most difficult content in the game . Nim stands for 'Nightmare', and that's exactly what it feels like when playing them when you are starting out with them.

You don't start with the hardest content in the game. You do storymode operations to get a feel for them and some minor experience with mechanics. Once you've got a good handle on playing thru them and gained some experience, than you can start doing Hardmode operations [Veteran]. HM is substantially harder than storymode [duh! =p]. That's where you really start getting challenged by the mechanics. The mechanics are extremely important and how you deal with them will effect your DPS.

When you have mastered the difficulties of HM and are able to perform fairly well in them, than and only than do you start going into NiM [Master mode].

Simply put - Crawl, walk, run.

Your gear level is a bit low for NiM, but doable once you master your class and spec. - More likliy than not your low DPS was probably due to not knowing the proper rotation or consistency with it.

I would recommend spending some time really getting the rotation down and testing it by dummy parsing. That way you can gauge your numbers than compare those numbers to other players as seen on Parsley.

Download Star Parse and dummy parse and see where you're at. Work the rotation, get your numbers up with practice and learn the mechanics of the operations you want to do [Online guides/ Videos on you tube of players doing the operations and tutorials.

It just takes time and practice learning your spec well to perform adequately in Master Mode [NiM] operations.

We all start somewhere, and we all sucked once upon a time.

There really aren't any short cuts. It's really just about experience, learning the mechanics and learning the spec and rotation well.

Don't get discouraged by low numbers, dummy parsing, practice, learning the mechanics and experience will make them go up.

Better gear never hurts tho. =p

Crawl, walk, run. - Hope this helps some pal.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx
  • Like 1

My question is, to what point do I have to get it to be able to participate in this aspect of the game? I have conquest gear of a total rating 327

OPs are rated as Story (SM), Veteran (MM), and Nightmare (NiM). Hard mode would be veteran/MM.

327 may be enough for veteran (MM) if you know your class, have a good 'rotation' and can put out reasonable DPS, but it would be best to start out with some SM OPs first.

Do some MM flashpoints to get some 330 gear.

• 4 weeks later...

Keep in mind that there is more to gear than just the rating. You say u have conquest gear, thats green i suppose. That gear has the lowest stats. Flashpoint gear is blue while ops gear can be purple! So 330 purple (artifact) gear has much more stats than green 330 gear.

Also there are augments. Its basically an additional slot for an augment that also gives more stats! You need all this to be able to tackle Master Modes!