State of Jedi Guardian (returning after 4-5-years)

Jatro

If there a loads of these kind of threads... I'm sorry I didnt check .I'm honest :p

So i'm trying out the game again after a long time. I quit after I finished Shadow of revan story...

I'm thinking of making use of tht lvl 60 token i have for a trogruta female knight... How is the state of the class. I'm looking up the difference in skills throughout the patches.

But how viable is it dps atm and pvp.

Thanks !

Since no one else is responding to you...

For PvE/story/any non-pvp game mode: guardians are great. I play all specs myself, the ability to swap between tank and dps is nice, sure focus is just a lesser concentration but hey, vigi is better anyway.

For PvP: guardian tanks are easily the best pvp tank. By a long shot.

Guardian dps in any situation where you are being focused, guardian dps is close to the bottom. I play mine in regs, less frequently (but that has nothing to do with the class, more my personal anger at BW, PVP, old guild drama, etc). The class can be fun in regs, assuming you don't wind up in many focus-fire situations.

For solo ranked: god help you. Nico, if he's around can give you a fair(er) assessment. My personal experience was an absolute nightmare, and im going to leave it at approximately half the time my character was kicked at the start with a reason (when given) of "dps guardian in solos".

If you really want a "good" knight PvP dps class: go play concentration sent. That said, I like my guardian and its what I'm best at.

• 2 weeks later...

Kendra hit a lot of the strong points and is spot on with the tank spec assessment....very good.

I am rather stubborn though and play vig. I have tinkered and tinkered with the spec and am doing rather well in regs. Depending on the map, like voidstar for instance, I can push 7-10k dmg now. The class still performs exceptionally well in regs and can be quite fun!

As far as ranked, I have tried various armor sets, tacticals, and played with a wide variety of mods, armorings, and enhancements. Ultimately, I kept finding myself focusing more on trying to figure out different ways to stay alive which, as a result, sacrificed my dps (not good in ranked). So it just made more sense, in the end, to play as a tank which was not something I was interested in.

The biggest problem for the class is the initial tunnel and 9-10 times YOU WILL be tunneled first. Vs a good shadow/assassin or an op/scoundrel (both worst nightmare) there is just not much you can do vs all of the stun locks. You get torn to shreds.

I have had success if you can get a leap off and get the 4 sec stun immunity. 4 sec in ranked is an eternity and it does allow you time to get your rotation off to help teammates. The other thing that can help is Blade Blitz. When locked up, blade blitz out and leap back in for the immunity. That only works though if you don't have an op/assassin after you.

If you are just looking to have fun in regs, yes, it is a great class. If you are looking to get into the ranked scene, no, there are just other classes that out perform the a dps jugg/guardian now.