Where can we farm grade 10 mats?

Tolkyyn

Also in FP and OP instances (except Colicoid War Games, since it's not synced, so it contains grade 4 mats, iirc), where you can farm mats from killed droids and beasts of silver level and above. Umbara FP has some nodes in it as well (just a few).

This. Ever since grade 6 mats were the top mat, I've used Directive 7 to farm Scavenging mats. Just go as far as you can in Master Mode since all the mobs are either strong or elite level. Then reset the instance and repeat as needed.

Its to bad the changed it though. I used to be able to solo Hard Mode all the way to Mentor. But Veteran Mode doesn't upgrade all the mobs like old HM did. :(

Edited by Marius_Xerxes

• 4 months later...

I think the best place to do it is the new flashpoint you can pick up on oddesson has a few nods around and you can just repeat it, ive just farmed my way around zakuul swamps 4 times and i didnt get anywhere with it just a bunch of grade 9 so it seems it just hit and miss so the patch 5.2 stuff is true, either iokath or odessen

fp

Edited by BurningGrim

I think the best place to do it is the new flashpoint you can pick up on oddesson has a few nods around and you can just repeat it, ive just farmed my way around zakuul swamps 4 times and i didnt get anywhere with it just a bunch of grade 9 so it seems it just hit and miss so the patch 5.2 stuff is true, either iokath or odessen

fp

Yes, that's right. The Zakuul maps (swamp, Breaktown, Undercity) and Darvannis (Chapter XIV) drop only grade 9.

Iokath and post-SoR flashpoints (Umbara, Copero, Nathema) drop grade 10. YMMV on other FPs, but note that Story and Vet BT/SLS are only level 10, so they drop grade 1 at best.

• 2 years later...
i have harvested Zakuul swamps 3x over and only grade 9 are found. Darvanis same.. would be great if SWTOR just put them in each location randomly. Takes 4 Iridescent Bondar attachments (2 pcs of grade 10 bondar per component-total 8) per holocron of strategy, Only grade 10 arch mats are those i gain from sending companions on missions. This is an unbalance in artifice crafting. We should be able to spend less time and cost for grade 10 mats.

i have harvested Zakuul swamps 3x over and only grade 9 are found. Darvanis same.. would be great if SWTOR just put them in each location randomly.

You just confirmed that what I said two years ago is still true, thanks. Back in the day, before Ossus launched with 5.9, the Zakuul and Darvannis maps work like you suggest they should, and it inevitably led to people looking at each node, seeing that it was grade 9 and leaving it alone. The result of *that* was that the nodes rapidly became all grade 9 until either the instance was depopulated for whatever reason (e.g. everyone got sick of the nodes being all grade 9 and left), or someone wanted grade 9 anyway, or someone decided to clear off all the grade 9.

So no, going back to that would not help. As noted, farm Ossus any time, Iokath any time, and Dantooine during the pirate event. (Onderon and Mek-Sha drop grade 11.)

• 1 month later...
i have harvested Zakuul swamps 3x over and only grade 9 are found. Darvanis same.. would be great if SWTOR just put them in each location randomly. Takes 4 Iridescent Bondar attachments (2 pcs of grade 10 bondar per component-total 8) per holocron of strategy, Only grade 10 arch mats are those i gain from sending companions on missions. This is an unbalance in artifice crafting. We should be able to spend less time and cost for grade 10 mats.
go to Iokath for Grade 10

My list for gather sites... - is worse than norm, + is better, ++ is super quick.... these are for the best ares I could find on that planet, ignoring bonus series areas (which tend to be both sparse and a different level)

(10-16) Grade 1 -Homeworld

(16-24) Grade 2 (Pub)Taris (Imp)+Balmorra

(24-32) Grade 3 -Alderaan

(32-41) Grade 4 (Pub)+Balmorra (Imp)Taris

(41-50) Grade 5 Belsavis / Voss / Corellia

(50-52) Grade 6 -Black Hole / Ilum

(50-55) Grade 7 Makeb / CZ-198 / Oricon

(55-60) Grade 8 ++Yavin IV

(60-65) Grade 9 ++Zakuul / Darvannis

(65-70) Grade 10 Iokath / Ossus

(70-75) Grade 11 Onderon / +Mek-Sha

Edited by Void_Singer