Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[Guide] Companion Optimization, Gearing and Tips

RikuvonDrake
04.17.2021 , 07:48 PM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenislav View Post
How up to date are parses? For example are Z0-0M and after him K1-Z3N still best pure healing companions?
Last updated for patch: 6.2a, as it says at the top of the initial post

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

denajii
04.17.2021 , 11:35 PM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenislav View Post
How up to date are parses? For example are Z0-0M and after him K1-Z3N still best pure healing companions?
Shae is still by far the best dps. Z0-0M, I think, still provides the best healing, but I'm not fully sure
Playable Nautolans, yay!

mike_carton
05.01.2021 , 11:41 PM | #233
Any plans to test the Galactic Seasons companion, Altuur? Likely the cheapest to level to 50 Influence.
A "Forum troll" posts outrageous messages to bait people into answering, to sow discord and to derail the discussion. Don't feed the troll, add to your Ignore List.

rylixav
05.05.2021 , 05:25 PM | #234
I would also really like to see how Altuur compares to other companions. Since there's a cartel discount right now, unlocking him for all characters is 50% off for the next couple weeks.

I'm very curious about how he performs in DPS, heals, and tanking. I see he has a buff in all 3 modes that causes an enemy to take 10% more damage (and the healing buff even heals the player whenever the player damages a target). But of course we don't know if this buff is actually working correctly unless someone tests it.
Make a Sith Warrior, and go pure Dark Side. It's the best way to play.
http://www.swtor.com/r/t96wRJ

KevMeup
05.09.2021 , 10:21 PM | #235
I'll put together some tests soon for Altuur.

The 10% damage increase does seem to work, from very quick testing. Its not 100% uptime, so I want to test taskmaster to see if that changes it.

His stun is also his AOE, so that's kind of cool/weird/new.

I'm live streaming (on youtube) 1-75 speed run while double XP is going on, but once that's done I'll work on his parses/testing video.
KevMeUp - <Show Me Your Crits> - The Harbinger
Does your companion do 11k DPS?
Companion Use and Optimization Guide
YouTube

kysan
05.14.2021 , 09:19 AM | #236
I love your post, it has so much detailed information

CedricDur
06.05.2021 , 07:02 PM | #237
While it's certainly good to know it does not seem game breaking.

I like T7 and agonized a bit over to switch to Z0-0m, but after finding the charts it's just 7.3% behind the advised dual blasters in damage and nearly no difference in healing.

While 7.3% isn't bad it's not huge either. Shae, yeah, that one is a beast and should be nabbed when possible.
Leandrea - Jedi Sage @ The Progenitor

100% behind the article.

Ambrodel
06.09.2021 , 09:39 AM | #238
Hi folks.

Recently returned, so lots of changes has happened since I last played. Which brings a few questions that I can't seem to find a proper answer to, so hoping some of you can help:

Veeroa and Ashara. I have those comps, but the OP states in the "Most Effective Companions by Stance" section
Quote:
Veeroa gets a very minor bonus from darkside not having a delay on kill shot.
Is that darkside bonus a leftover from pre-KOTFE changes?
If so, does that mean Ashara doesn't gain any benefit from Lightside either, even though it's listed in the Parsing section?
If they do still get some benefit, could someone please explain what and how?

And on that note, Veeroa doesn't have a Kill Shot, which is logical since she's a saber user, so I assume I'm supposed to look at Finishing Strike instead. In the Known Bugs section, Light users are supposed to have a channeled kill shot, but Ashara has the exact same Finishing Strike, same range, same cooldown, as Veeroa, no channel or anything. And their stuns are identical as well, same duration. Is that also a pre-KOTFE thing?

My focus on these two isn't so much because they're "the best" I have available, but more because I'd rather use Ashara over Veeroa. If there's still a difference in performance based on dark/light, I'd like to take advantage of it. Of course, I may have misunderstood something, so please, someone enlighten me

Jephryp
06.09.2021 , 02:45 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by KevMeup View Post
I'll put together some tests soon for Altuur.

The 10% damage increase does seem to work, from very quick testing. Its not 100% uptime, so I want to test taskmaster to see if that changes it.

His stun is also his AOE, so that's kind of cool/weird/new.

I'm live streaming (on youtube) 1-75 speed run while double XP is going on, but once that's done I'll work on his parses/testing video.
I will be very interested to see your results regarding Altuur. I am not a huge fan of his "behaviors," but if he is, indeed, one of the better companions, perhaps I'll give him a second look! Thanks for all you do!