Hello, Crashing randomly.

vingmotor

I can confirm these crashes.

My team mate had these crashes too.

Addtionally they happen if I travel to the fleet and in random loading screens.

Yesterday I had some weird graphic problems:

- In GSF I lost my crosshairs and couldn't see any other ship / after crashing my ship the bug disappeared

- I traveled from my own stronghold to our guild stronghold and couldn't use the cargo bay, GTN terminal and the legacy cargo hold.

Additionally the inventory graphics were broken / looked like little dark boxes (had to log out and log in to get

rid of these problems.

Somehow the game seems to be pretty unstable since update 7.0.2.

Edited by Desplain

I can confirm that I've had this happen on a few different characters over the last week. Game will just suddenly freeze and about 10 seconds later the game shuts down.

Seems BioWare introduced a few new bugs to replace the ones they fixed in 7.0.2. :(

During last week's server event we had numerous people crashing to desktop throughout the night. I had a crash myself which rarely happens. Didn't seem to be any pattern to it. Crashes happened to people while we were loading into planets and while we were just standing there after a kill waiting for the next summon. We haven't seen this happen during our weekly event series in the months prior to the patch-patch-patch. We only started seeing crashes on this scale after one of the v7 patches. Edited by UlaVii

On the flip side, people have mentioned to me that it's been weeks since they had the crash to desktop problem while using the server select screen. That's one which keeps coming and going with different patches.

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

The team's investigating this issue, but we could use some additional info from the reports that have been coming in. If you were impacted by this issue, please tell us what you were doing at the time the crash happened. Ideally, we would like detailed steps that could help us reproduce your experience.

In addition to that info, we will need server name, time in which the crash happened, in-game location, etc...

It's a daily occurrence now. Here is one of several incidents from a guild event last night. This was people accepting a summons from one planet to Makeb. As soon as the group starts loading in, multiple people crash to desktop.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/534065049396969484/971359519579987968/unknown.png

Can you tell us what sever this happened on?

Thanks!

Can you tell us what sever this happened on?

Thanks!

Correction - the screenshot posted by UlaVii is from Mek-Sha, not Makeb (I am in the guild that was running the event and was part of the ops group). We observed a very similar occurrence tonight, with four people experiencing sudden disconnects/crashes moments after accepting a summon to Mek-Sha shortly before 1830UTC.

The server in question is Darth Malgus.

Just crashed on me

Server: Satale Shan

Happend again a few hours later using my QT to Oricon on a dead planet.

15:21 my local time 3rd time today: on fleet near the cargo bays where you port in just was on my mount.

Edited by fushnchips

Running on fleet while in GSF q

Game froze then crashed to desktop

Darth Malgus

It crashes so much since 7.0 for no good reason at all.

And by so much I mean once every few hours doing miscellaneous activities. Which is vastly more than pre 7.0

Edited by Gyronamics

I had this problem a lot after 7.0 dropped. I’m using steam, ran a game file integrity check. It found a few errors. Fixed it. Haven’t had any random crashes since.

My crashes would happen at strange times, no rhyme or reason. Now nothing.

After each patch I just run an integrity check these days.

It’s been well over a month now that I’ve been crash free

Happened to me yesterday too.

Character Location: Dantooine Republic Base

Current activities: nothing special, was just checking Daily mission in my log.

Target Location: Hoth Imperial Base (for Spoils of War)

Server: Darth Malgus

Time: 5th May around 20.15 CET+1

the only thing i can reproduce and than the game freeze and only a reset helps.

"if you companion comes back from a mission or you send it on a mission and he speaks. if you log out in this moment the game freeze and dont end proper."

this is easy to reproduce.

Server: Darth Malgus

Faction: Empire

Using Steam

I started getting a sporadic CTD since patch 7.0.2.

Initially it happened when I quick travelled to Fleet i.e. when loading in.

26/04/2022 19:44:52

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6261ce1d
Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6261ce1d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00202b05
Faulting process ID: 0xb5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8598a8aa3695d
Faulting application path: G:\SteamApps\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Faulting module path: G:\SteamApps\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Report ID: 9b80930f-a93b-44e9-aa36-fcc8a7d2c86a

3/05/2022 23:33:26

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6261ce1d
Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6261ce1d
Faulting process ID: 0x1cb4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d85f04badce010
Faulting application path: G:\SteamApps\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Faulting module path: G:\SteamApps\steamapps\common\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe
Report ID: 8df58166-68fe-4a30-93cc-f21fd333afc4

However, yesterday with 7.0.2a the behavior changed.

First I got a similar crash when loading in Mek-Sha, this is the issue mentioned earlier in this thread by Ula Vii.

We got summoned in on one of the bridges and 4 of us instantly got a CTD.

5/05/2022 20:26:07

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2
Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2
Faulting process ID: 0x1c58
Faulting application start time: 0x01d860a080fb6e12
Report ID: be5f58c6-e9e9-4082-bcf4-cca242c3fa2e

Later that evening I was just running around on the inner circle of the Fleet, near the GTN terminals and again got a CTD:

5/05/2022 22:59:48

Faulting application name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2
Faulting module name: swtor.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62704ea2
Faulting process ID: 0x1b5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d860adb09cf867
Report ID: d049a1df-46ed-4a64-b6e0-f94eb23c818f

I performed a file integrity verification in Steam, but it didn't report any issues.

Glad I came across this thread - I had the game crash on Monday 2nd May around 9.30pm (BST) - iirc I was on the Star Forge Server on my character Jarvelle. My main characters are on the EU DM server so as I was playing on an American server (SF) I just thought it was that. Good to see they are looking into the issue. Note: I don't use Steam. Edited by Sarova

Happened on:

Tulak Hord

Satele Shan

Star Forge

Darth Malgus

Happened while:

- Standing on the fleet and waiting for a GSF match

- Decorating Strongholds

- During a GSF match

- During loading screen to the fleet, stronghold or any planet

Regular account / no Steam.

Edited by Desplain