Upgrades and Suggestions #2

CyanaTaco

Hi! I don't know where to put this so I can be heard, so here I am. I apologize if it's not the right place to be.

I really like the game and I have suggestions for updating the game based on my observations. The top 5 are the most important.

First of; we REALLY need another (maybe two more) set of seven tabs for the legacy bank.

Second; with the amount of companions we got from the Eternal Empire expansion, having a maximum of companions going on missions is kind of a pain, as well as making crafting a bit easier especially when you need to find purple/gold schematics from constructing or deconstructing stuff.

Third; allowing the guild master to land (and retrieve) the same privilege as him to his co-leaders. One person taking care of 1000 people is not easy, especially while taking real life in consideration.

Fourth; for the Aratec Coral quest, I think it would be best if we need to kill the Nightmare Pilgrim once (since it’s one of the hardest world boss) instead of 3 times like the others.

Fifth; when you sell something on the Galactic Network, it took a small part of the money, could it be possible to use this ‘fee’ for something (fidelity points to buy old, in-collection stuff, to buy purple augments? I don’t know.) Otherwise, it’s annoying.

Sixth; preferred players should be able to have access to a few, at least, story mode ops (ex: Eternity Vault, Karraga’s Palace, Toborro’s Courtyard, the easy stuff) and every player should have access to Events’ ops (Xenolith, Eyeless)

Seventh; have better fitting gear for the Guardian/Juggernault Tank

Eighth; reorganize the companion tabs a bit like being able to favorize a few companions, (which would put them on top of the list, the more used) or put them into alphabetical order or something.

Ninth; Make the Vaiken/Carrick Station Stronghold bigger, like we can run around the fleet stronghold, have direct access to each part of the fleet or something. Also allowing to put as much decorations as the we want or at least as much as the platforms spaces allow it.

Tenth; all currency should be available legacy-wide

Eleventh; in the legacy, being able to had our companions and main NPCs to the family tree would be great, especially for those who decide to role play in the game.

Twelfth; being able to decorate our ships and our version of Odessan base and having access to the wildlife

Thirteenth; solve the bug with the mail box, so we can send guild rewards easily

Fourteeth; beig able to send our stuff to our characters on different servers

New Ideas:

1. Add Kel-Dor as a character’s possibility

2. Reverse Lightsaber like Ahsoka Tano and Starkiller

3. Oricon, Onderon Strongholds

Thank you

I don't mind most of your ideas, however

#6 you want preferred to get some access to sm Ops. I say absolutely no to this. There are a few good reason's people subscribe to this game. 1) no credit cap, 2) unlimited WZ's and FP's, and 3) the ability to do Operations. By allowing some access to sm Ops you would also make it so a lot of players no longer need to subscribe, thus lowering the number of people helping to fund this game that we love so much.

#6 you want preferred to get some access to sm Ops. I say absolutely no to this. There are a few good reason's people subscribe to this game. 1) no credit cap, 2) unlimited WZ's and FP's, and 3) the ability to do Operations. By allowing some access to sm Ops you would also make it so a lot of players no longer need to subscribe, thus lowering the number of people helping to fund this game that we love so much.

There was a time when preferred did have access to raids with weekly operation passes. it went away before shadow of revan as it was active from start of the cartel market to nearly right before Shadow of Revan. Honestly as sub I have no problem letting preferreds have access to EV, EC, KP, TC, SnV, TFB, DF, DP or have access to SM ops in general all except Dxun and R-04 Anomaly but do not let them have access to Vet or MM ops that actually sits well with me. Not like it really affects anything they cant get into progression groups either way. Giving players a sample size of raiding if they have never raided before in swtor or in games in general could be a good way to boost subscriptions. it would also keep the casuals if they do want to stay in SMs able to do so which does not actually affect Vet and MM players in the slightest. At this point SM ops are so incredibly easy you could sleep walk or 3-4 man quite a few of them or run in without armor and beat them with ease. What are subs really getting out of Vets at this point to be honest gear? everything is personal loot these days and just as easy to farm them in Vet Hammer Station or Vet Athiss. You dont really even need to be geared or augged for SMs either so i have no actual objection to allowing them into SM ops sure it may mean some never sub but it really does not affect anything in the long run other then adding potential new or returning raiders to the mix.

If they keep Vet and MM ops just for subs that is well worth the subscription. people are going to flex superiority anyways over F2P and Preferred especially those that do not have artifact authorization so they will not be able to equip artifact gear and legendary gear. Whats really the argument other than just another thing to force people into subbing or walking away? There is already the GTN doing that for people.

As for the funding issue Swtor makes more money off the cartel market than they do off subs anyways. its been that way for several i know people that spend thousands of dollars each month on the cartel market. whereas a sub is what $15 a month while that builds up over the yr Bioware and EA's money making comes off the market itself

I still disagree with your premise of SM Ops for free. Any of them. Yes they used to have weekly Ops passes, however

1) they were per character

2) Someone had to purchase them on the Cartel market.

3) Most of the time those sold for more then Preferred credit cap, so the person that wanted them still had to sub for at least 1 month from time to time to buy a ton of them, and unsub. (Thus showing support to the game)

So even back then getting those Ops passes put money into BW's hands. Giving it to F2P and preferred like you want helps BW not at all. That is just asking for a free handout that will cost BW subs in the long term

Edit: now if your suggestion had been bring back Ops passes to the CM, I would agree with that suggestion, since it does help the game as a whole.

Edited by Toraak

I still disagree with your premise of SM Ops for free. Any of them. Yes they used to have weekly Ops passes, however

3) Most of the time those sold for more then Preferred credit cap, so the person that wanted them still had to sub for at least 1 month from time to time to buy a ton of them, and unsub. (Thus showing support to the game)

So even back then getting those Ops passes put money into BW's hands. Giving it to F2P and preferred like you want helps BW not at all. That is just asking for a free handout that will cost BW subs in the long term

not exactly correct they did not actually jump upto 500k on the gtn until like a month before they ended. before that you could have bought them up for 75-120k per pass off the gtn. their value was not actually overly inflated like people thought they were

Edit: now if your suggestion had been bring back Ops passes to the CM, I would agree with that suggestion, since it does help the game as a whole.

And i never said i actually wanted it i said as sub i do not have a problem with as it does bring in some more raiders. if it were a thing it would not bother me in the slightest. not saying give them to complete f2p players but preferred players i do not have a actual problem with them getting access

not exactly correct they did not actually jump upto 500k on the gtn until like a month before they ended. before that you could have bought them up for 75-120k per pass off the gtn. their value was not actually overly inflated like people thought they were

wrong. I know someone who used those for over a year, and they were over the 350k mark of pref for a very long time. They were over a mil for the last 2-3 months on Harb back then

I was on shadowlands and they dirt cheap the entire time. in fact there were times i would look up and see them going for 30k on the GTN i am really i ended up buying up a bunch at the time for my guild and stored them into the guild bank for guildies.

I was on shadowlands and they dirt cheap the entire time. in fact there were times i would look up and see them going for 30k on the GTN i am really i ended up buying up a bunch at the time for my guild and stored them into the guild bank for guildies.

Could just be a server difference then. Harb was the heavy populated server at the time. Prices have always varied on different servers.