rekui's PvE IO Guide

rekkami

Hi all, I'm rekui and I wrote a PvE guide for the merc's innovative ordnance spec. This is my first post here because I usually only hang out in a couple discord servers, but someone suggested that I share this here as well.

Link to the guide: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F8Oz5RvrDxxZzuEn4nzQICFFrJEShLm5zLZz-VNNJAk

Brief introduction for the guide: The guide is meant to be an in-depth resource that is accessible to players who have never touched the spec, as well as players who are already familiar with it. It is updated to patch 6.2 and it'll continue to be updated as needed.

The first five chapters cover the basics. I tried to write the guide with the intent that a new IO player can read these chapters and learn what they need to know to start practicing on the dummy and consistently do the rotation in operations.

The sixth chapter Advanced Topics is where I get into some really interesting and juicy strats/tactics that will help in harder content. Players who are already comfortable playing the class will get some good use out of this chapter!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Great guide! I feel like I'm still learning this build all the time. So, I was wondering: can you do a Power Shot focused rotation with Apex armor set instead with the skill that gives you a second Power Surge charge? So, you would use the non-Unload rotation to Power Shot more often. With the Power Surge skill, you could do IM, SS, insta-PS, insta-PS, filler, PS, TD, MS, PS, MS. That seemed to do more damage then IM, SS, PS, filler, PS, filler, TD, MS, PS, MS. With Apex, would this do more damage since the armor got fixed or is CF armor still BiS with a PS focused rotation? Edited by TheBrentster

• 7 months later...