9 years in a galaxy far, far away...

Borrob

YAY! After 9 years (since beta) I finally hit my 1st 75 (2nd main Shadow) today! :))) Even got an emperor's token drop in one of the caches lol.

Ok, so because I bumped this character to 60 & only started playing her on Oricon, and she's just now at the start of Ossus, I think I'll go back to my true main Sniper parked at 56, and finish Ilum, then do the first two expansions (RotHC & SoR) after that, which I've never done as yet. Hopefully that gets me close to 70 as Preferred, so I can then skip KotFE & KotET & continue with Onslaught to 75.

Can anyone confirm if that plan is even possible...? i.e. can one even play Onslaught without doing the 2 Knights expansions, or will I have to delete the Sniper & reroll her to a new 70 (using one of the 2 free tokens I think I have - a 60 & a 70 I believe), and then re-outfit her using legecy bound gear as best I can + re-buy all the mods/slot pieces...?

Any other suggestions on how I best play her from 56 - 75, ideally without redoing KotFE/KotET again so soon, very welcome, cheers all!

Wow after 9 years your first 75? And you can make a lot of levels doing fps and groups.

Yeah I'm a super-shlomo who likes to smell ALL the roses and is also an alt-o-holic! (have a dozen+ other toons all in their 20s-30s eh).

Can anyone confirm if that plan is even possible...? i.e. can one even play Onslaught without doing the 2 Knights expansions, or will I have to delete the Sniper & reroll her to a new 70 (using one of the 2 free tokens I think I have - a 60 & a 70 I believe), and then re-outfit her using legecy bound gear as best I can + re-buy all the mods/slot pieces...?

Exactly as written, you cannot, because you cannot start directly at *or* skip to Onslaught in any way.

You can, at level 70, skip past KotFE+KotET+Traitor-Arc to Jedi Under Siege (Ossus), play through that and *then* start Onslaught.

Be aware that if you skip past KotFE/ET/Traitor, you will see all your decisions that you made there locked into a faction-specific list:

* Pubsiders are 100% light in their decisions, and save all companions they can save(1).

* Impsiders are nearly 100% dark in their decisions, including blowing the spire, killing a getaway pilot, etc. They save their own companions when given the choice(2), and save a certain spy known for his large shoulders at the end of the Traitor arc, even though those are light decisions.

(1) The one you can't is the choice between

Vette and Torian

Pubsiders and Sith Warriors choose the first, other Impsiders choose the second.

(2) If your Sniper wants to be nasty to a certain Pushy Droid on a constructed world, you have to play through KotFE/ET.

Exactly as written, you cannot, because you cannot start directly at *or* skip to Onslaught in any way.

You can, at level 70, skip past KotFE+KotET+Traitor-Arc to Jedi Under Siege (Ossus), play through that and *then* start Onslaught.

Be aware that if you skip past KotFE/ET/Traitor, you will see all your decisions that you made there locked into a faction-specific list:

* Pubsiders are 100% light in their decisions, and save all companions they can save(1).

* Impsiders are nearly 100% dark in their decisions, including blowing the spire, killing a getaway pilot, etc. They save their own companions when given the choice(2), and save a certain spy known for his large shoulders at the end of the Traitor arc, even though those are light decisions.

(1) The one you can't is the choice between

Vette and Torian

Pubsiders and Sith Warriors choose the first, other Impsiders choose the second.

(2) If your Sniper wants to be nasty to a certain Pushy Droid on a constructed world, you have to play through KotFE/ET.

Thanks heaps for this Steve. Yeah, I kinda knew I had to get to 70/71 to even begin Ossus/Onslaught, just wanted to know the ramifications of skipping KotFE/ET, so cheers! Funny thing, I just finished playing by Shadow through them & picked all light-side options, but even my Sniper is mostly light-side. Which means she will have to make do with the default choices. Looks like Vette bites the big one again...:)

I'm actually more concerned about not getting past 70 after I complete Ilum shortly again & then onto RotHC & SoR, then skip Oricon etc by doing solo heroic dailies mostly & straight to Ossus as soon as I ding 70. Do you think as a Preferred player on lower XP I should be ok from 57, which I just hit last night, through the 2 expansions, to NOT outlevel the Onslaught content...? I really hate doing storyline level capped in any game as it seems a bit pointless with almost no visible progression if that happens, eh. Hey maybe I just take a 3rd favourite toon through to 55 & start Makeb/SoR where it's meant to be in that case...I am finding the Marksman sniper burst build a bit...lackluster after playing a Serenity Shadow for so long - I really miss the stealth + self-heal DoTs. Maybe I pick up my 30 Scoundrel at some point & level her. I can see where this is likely headed he he.

Congratulations!

I too have a few boosts that were given to me (not sure when, I just recently came back to the game) but the game is really easy to level as it is. You should just level and go through all the stories before jumping right to the autoskip ones. I'll probably have those boosts forever I just love creating new alts and leveling them doing the different stories. I'm almost at max capacity on this server lol. Kind of want to start fresh on another server but then I lose out on all the legacy conveniences and I dunno if I want to do that right now lol.

I'm actually more concerned about not getting past 70 after I complete Ilum shortly again & then onto RotHC & SoR, then skip Oricon etc by doing solo heroic dailies mostly & straight to Ossus as soon as I ding 70. Do you think as a Preferred player on lower XP I should be ok from 57, which I just hit last night, through the 2 expansions, to NOT outlevel the Onslaught content...?

You cannot start KotFE until you are level 60 anyway, and once you hit level 65 *in* KotFE (you're meant to be able to level from 60 to 65 in the first nine chapters), there's a strong brake on mission-XP earned until you reach the beginning of KotET.

I really hate doing storyline level capped in any game as it seems a bit pointless with almost no visible progression if that happens, eh.

The progress *is* visible because of the effects of two things:

* Stats outside Endurance, Mastery, Power, Health are not affected by the cap, so as you level up your gear, you gain in Crit, Accuracy, Alacrity and your effective powerfulness increases.

* You gain additional abilities, and most of these make you more powerful in various ways.

Of course, levelling up while you're not capped makes those things more visible. (And don't forget that all of KotFE/ET is capped at 70...)

And here I thought I was slow because it took me 2 months till I got my first character to 50 at the time lol.

My *first* character took nearly three years to reach level 50. She was a Shadow, poor thing, and I discovered that I didn't really like (Chapter 1 of) the Consular story. She finished the whole story three years almost to the day after she began it.

On the other hand, my other characters created afterwards advanced much more quickly.

(...)and save a certain spy known for his large shoulders(...)

For a brief moment I was wondering who you are referring to... then I laughed. He really does have overly large shoulders compared to the rest of his body

My *first* character took nearly three years to reach level 50. She was a Shadow, poor thing, and I discovered that I didn't really like (Chapter 1 of) the Consular story. She finished the whole story three years almost to the day after she began it.

On the other hand, my other characters created afterwards advanced much more quickly.

He, he, good to know I'm not the only one! I think I was at 44 or 45 when the first level cap increase came out, so I drifted off to one alt or another; then I was low 50s & the 2nd cap increase happened & then I was away from the game for 2 or 3 years after my initial enthusiasm with F2P waned very quickly, once I realised I had sucked dry all of the story/side quests & was still grossly under-leveled for the planet I was on at the time - you may recall the abysmal XP rewards in the early days of F2P - 'free' if your time is worth nothing lo! And I wasn't going to grind trash mobs to gain ~3-5 levels! So more alts followed...

Just dinged 58 last night & finished the Battle of Ilum FP, so not far off new vistas & experiences on Makeb hopefully! :)