Older planets/content that ACTUALLY needs improvement/fixes

Pietrastor

You know, I was thinking but it used to be a Sunday morning type of thing when the seeker/macrobinocular quest chains came out....until they slapped those heroic 4s at the end of them. I'd really just like to treat them like FPs and make a solo mode out of them. It honestly would make me do those quest chains on all my characters cause I did enjoy them up to that point.

At this point given they don't really advance the story and that they screwed the pooch on the shroud in HK-55s bonus story, wasting a potentially great villain, I am on board with just taking off the heroic requirements and making it where it can be done solo.

Also, I am starting to think people don't understand what the developers are thinking.

Back when they did expansion with kotfe, they did level sync, which overall was very positive. However in cases where the final boss was back on your original starter planet,that fight instead of being an endgame fight was set to the level of chapter 10. And granted you were set to that level as well but with all the added armor and extras and stuff, you have a clear advantage and it makes the final bosses feel like a cakewalk when originally these were tough encounters.

I feel like they are going back to fix those and that's what they meant by freshening up the fights.

Also, I am starting to think people don't understand what the developers are thinking.

Back when they did expansion with kotfe, they did level sync, which overall was very positive. However in cases where the final boss was back on your original starter planet,that fight instead of being an endgame fight was set to the level of chapter 10. And granted you were set to that level as well but with all the added armor and extras and stuff, you have a clear advantage and it makes the final bosses feel like a cakewalk when originally these were tough encounters.

I feel like they are going back to fix those and that's what they meant by freshening up the fights.

Exactly the example I was referring to. Do we really want devs spending time improving encounters like this? It's not like the rest of the game aint also a cakewalk...

No because I am actually sane and believe that they can work on multiple things at once.

Tell that to 9 years of SWTOR and devs never being able to release BOTH big story updates AND group content updates in a timely manner

Edited by Pietrastor

Exactly the example I was referring to. Do we really want devs spending time improving encounters like this? It's not like the rest of the game aint also a cakewalk...

Tell that to 9 years of SWTOR and devs never being able to release BOTH big story updates AND group content updates in a timely manner

Beta player here. I am well aware of their history. Probably aware of a lot more than you are actually.

The point is, they will work on and allocate for what they want.

For all the complaints over the years that people like you who come out with this "why should the developers bother" attitude have made, not once did it ever change anything.

They are going to polish the game to make it more cohesive. if you don't like it you can quit and come back when they add content you like. BioWare has actually openly stated that is their business model. They hate the pressure of having to keep things on going and actually want people to leave and just come back when there is stuff to do. I don't have the time to dig up the articles for it but that's out there now.

I'm fine with them polishing the game up.

Frankly I've lived through an MMO where the developers listened exactly to the players and got crucified for it.

Back when swg was still active, the players kept pounding developers for the number of bugs in the game and said they would happily give up content just to get the bugs addressed.

None of the bugs were game-breaking but the players whined and wihned for years.

They finally took an entire development cycle and did exactly that.

And what did the players who all said they should have done that do?

Rip them to pieces for not also putting content out.

See players aren't happy no matter what, at least those very loud vocal ones.

the best thing to developers can do is tune out the noise and work on getting the game cohesive so that people are playing instead of crying on the forums.

And if making everything cohesive helps with that, great. because they are doing it for the new players who come in, not the crusty old bitter veteran who's just going to whine and complain about everything...

if you don't like it you can quit and come back when they add content you like. BioWare has actually openly stated that is their business model. They hate the pressure of having to keep things on going and actually want people to leave and just come back when there is stuff to do.

But you've just said they do multiple things at once :) Sigh, no offence but same old favourite activity of yours Zion, spending time on forums NOT praising or criticising various aspects of the game or making suggestions/requets but going aroung telling people to stop, well, saying anything basically "because devs do what they want!". Until of course something that YOU care about happens and it's a hella different tune then and suddenly devs hearing players' opinion should matter :D Yeah ain't gonna bother responding no' mo'. Either add something to the question in the topic of this thread or go somewhere else to derail :)

Edited by Pietrastor

But you've just said they do multiple things at once :) Sigh, no offence but same old favourite activity of yours Zion, spending time on forums NOT praising or criticising various aspects of the game or making suggestions/requets but going aroung telling people to stop, well, saying anything basically "because devs do what they want!". Until of course something that YOU care about happens and it's a hella different tune then and suddenly devs hearing players' opinion should matter :D Yeah ain't gonna bother responding no' mo'. Either add something to the question in the topic of this thread or go somewhere else to derail :)

you're just trying to win an internet argument dude. What you think or don't think isn't my problem. And whether I post here is up to me, not you.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

You know, I was thinking but it used to be a Sunday morning type of thing when the seeker/macrobinocular quest chains came out....until they slapped those heroic 4s at the end of them. I'd really just like to treat them like FPs and make a solo mode out of them. It honestly would make me do those quest chains on all my characters cause I did enjoy them up to that point.

The trouble is that as soon as this change is made, there will be threads whining about how the quest used to have an interesting puzzle and now is just dumbed down. Just look at all the threads that talk about the old Darth Baras fight!

This is one of those topics that's a little hard for me to pick a side. I sympathize with people who can't get it done because they can't find a group (or don't want to.) I have two toons waiting to complete the missions myself. But the mission would have to be so re-worked, so completely dumbed down, is that a path you really think is a good direction for the game? It was nice when Oricon came out and there were actually bonus quests that required the MBs and SD; or the achievement in the Star Fortresses. But there have been tons of quests using scanners like the MBs and they are always supplied to the player, so story progression really is not blocked by not having these missions done. Given that, I find it hard to justify nerfing the mission.

I'd rather see changes to Activity Finder to make it easier to locate/form a group for these.

The trouble is that as soon as this change is made, there will be threads whining about how the quest used to have an interesting puzzle and now is just dumbed down. Just look at all the threads that talk about the old Darth Baras fight!

This is one of those topics that's a little hard for me to pick a side. I sympathize with people who can't get it done because they can't find a group (or don't want to.) I have two toons waiting to complete the missions myself. But the mission would have to be so re-worked, so completely dumbed down, is that a path you really think is a good direction for the game? It was nice when Oricon came out and there were actually bonus quests that required the MBs and SD; or the achievement in the Star Fortresses. But there have been tons of quests using scanners like the MBs and they are always supplied to the player, so story progression really is not blocked by not having these missions done. Given that, I find it hard to justify nerfing the mission.

I'd rather see changes to Activity Finder to make it easier to locate/form a group for these.

They're currently set at a heroic level of difficulty. Keep that, keep the cheevo just for that, and create a solo mode in addition to that which completes the story but doesn't give you a cheevo, or gets you a smaller cheevo, like completing the story mode SFs versus the heroics.

They're currently set at a heroic level of difficulty. Keep that, keep the cheevo just for that, and create a solo mode in addition to that which completes the story but doesn't give you a cheevo, or gets you a smaller cheevo, like completing the story mode SFs versus the heroics.

Actually I would say they are more tuned to a Master Mode Flashpoint than a planetary heroic. A trinity comp isn't 100% necessary but its pretty hard to deal with the incoming damage without a healer in the electrified floor prior to the puzzle to get into the Shroud's lair. And you definitely need 4 clickers for that puzzle. I've read that the final mission for Seeker Droid can be soloed, but I haven't tried.

Rishi, Yavin 4, Ziost, and Mek-Sha heroic terminal and / or on fleet.

Put the Quick Travel ability on a new character's ability bar by default.

Revise mission markers. I made a new account to test out a newbie experience to write a Chinese guide. Some early class missions do not tell you to take a taxi when you should, and at least one miss the elevator markers (before I have a ship) so I am almost lost after I went back to fleet and logout for a few days.

Mission marker for space mission operations, and change the space mission crate to fit character level.

Edited by ElleSheepy