Unsubbing because I'm being forced to play voidstar non stop

chosonman

Voidstar, voidstar, voidstar, that's all that seems to pop. Quit get banned from requing for 15 minutes. What to do then? Go play another game. Why spend the money on a subscription when I can't play what I want to play? Edited by chosonman

I don't know what the deal is on SF, but the VAST majority of my matches are VS or AHG, and they're usually 3 in a row. Decent amount of HB if you count all three as 1 WZ. but NC, Yav, and CW are like 1:10 compared to VS and AHG.

Voidstar, voidstar, voidstar, that's all that seems to pop. Quit get banned from requing for 15 minutes. What to do then? Go play another game. Why spend the money on a subscription when I can't play what I want to play?

LOL!!!! and if this is not bad enough I more and more often end up in teams refuse to play obj, but they don't just don't play obj they actually try to distract me from capping or scoring in HB. Of course I can not leave without penalty but they can do whatever they want. Epic. THX BW!

Honestly though, if we had a choice on which maps to que like flashpoints, I can see a reason for a 15 minute ban, but when you're forced to play whatever pops if you like it or not then that's a bit extreme.

Agree but Id add 2 things

1)at level 75 min gear rating 306 - i had someone enter a match a day ago..with rating 41..literally trying to lose..enough of this crap!

2)solo queue and group queue, I think this would go a long way to reducing the win trading which is getting out of control. or at least allow BW to just watch the 1 queue to control and ban as needed.

Agree but Id add 2 things

1)at level 75 min gear rating 306 - i had someone enter a match a day ago..with rating 41..literally trying to lose..enough of this crap!

2)solo queue and group queue, I think this would go a long way to reducing the win trading which is getting out of control. or at least allow BW to just watch the 1 queue to control and ban as needed.

1) If that person was trying to lose, it wouldn’t matter what gear rating they had. They would’ve gone afk and thrown with 306.

2) Separate queues would kill PvP for any people who regularly group together. And if BW can’t monitor what we have now to ban wintraders, what makes you think splitting the queue will change that?

Star Forge is absolutely nothing but Voidstar and Ancient Hypergates on repeat. And yes like someone said above, usually 3 in a row of each. I don't know what they did to this queue system but it is for sure not random.

I did matches last weekend and in one night it was 5 Hypergates in a row, 2 void stars, 2 hypergates again, then stopped.

Edited by SOULCASTER

I have to admit, there are a LOT of voidstars, but I like them so it's ok. Better than 9/10 pops being huttball.

Original Huttball is the best. You can either death match or do objectives (something for everyone). And if you don't like it, it likely will be over fast. Vanden and Quesh are absolute trash though. Please remove those 2 from the game.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Original Huttball is the best. You can either death match or do objectives (something for everyone). And if you don't like it, it likely will be over fast. Vanden and Quesh are absolute trash though. Please remove those 2 from the game.

^agree 100%

Same. Voidstar and AHG used to be fun modes but I've started to hate them because of how often they pop. I usually just close the game because I can't even leave and queue again.

I think it has to do with how they classified the 3-obj ones as a single mode, and the 3 HBs as a single mode, so those pop way less, leaving us with Voidstar and AHG all the time. Ugh.

Same. Voidstar and AHG used to be fun modes but I've started to hate them because of how often they pop. I usually just close the game because I can't even leave and queue again.

I think it has to do with how they classified the 3-obj ones as a single mode, and the 3 HBs as a single mode, so those pop way less, leaving us with Voidstar and AHG all the time. Ugh.

I don't understand why NC is so rare though. I understand that Yav/CW would share the same "pop," but I get NC less than almost everything (except maybe OPG). And I get every. single. HB map more frequently than NC and OPG.

I don't understand why NC is so rare though. I understand that Yav/CW would share the same "pop," but I get NC less than almost everything (except maybe OPG). And I get every. single. HB map more frequently than NC and OPG.

I get NC all the time in lowbies (when it's not arenas, by far the most common pop...) but almost never at 75.

I wish I was in OP's position and getting nothing but voidstar. That's my favorite map probably, and it's the best I think for Seasons PVPers since the objectives are very obvious - guard or click on the giant door. Even a first-timer can understand the premise pretty quickly.

Before the maintenance all I'd get was hutball, now it seems Voidstar is on repeat.

In the past two months now that I've been back in the game, I've yet to have Yavin pop. I assume it's still in the rotation, though.

I like all the HB maps, but yeah OG is best.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

My understanding of the pop system is that Bioware have changed it into groupings, it’s why voidstar pops so much.

Ie this is how I believe they are grouped based on Bioware’s communication and the system picks a group and then rolls again to pick the map. With Void Star being in a group by itself, that would elevate its pops over maps that have to share pops in their group.

Group 1

- OG HB

- Vandin HB

- QB HB

Group 2

- Void Star

Group 3

- Civil War

- Yavin

Group 4

- Nova Coast

- Hypergates

Group 5

- OPG (which has had its pop time reduced)

Also, when I did some pop testing last year to prove how much Hutt ball type maps were dominating the game pops, Voidstar used to pop the second most for an individual map after Vandin HB. If that wasn’t adjusted when they put the other maps into the groupings, that would also explain Void Star popping the most.

My understanding of the pop system is that Bioware have changed it into groupings, it’s why voidstar pops so much....

I share that "grouped map" understanding, but I'm fairly certain that Hypergate is also its own map type. I get as many hypergates as I do the three Capture Maps (Yavin Ruins, Novare, & Civil War) combined. If Hypergate and Novare were in the same group, I wouldn't expect to see the 4 AHG : 1 NC relationship I've observed to date. Instead, what I have observed is a 1 AHG : 1 (NC,CW,YR) relationship.

My own pop data on map rotation is currently showing a 1.75 VS : 1.75 HB : 1 AHG : 1 Capture. The three huttball maps seem to pop evenly, as do the three capture maps. Odessen doesn't pop enough to make it into analysis.

Last 3 days, decide to log on for 1 pvp match.

Day 1

First match Voidstar - leave shut down game, play something else....

Day 2

Day 3

Thanks bioware

Blasphemy.

I like HB. I like it. But the game is absolutely broken in the current state/meta of the game. The best ball carriers are ops and mercs (:rolleyes:). Most maps are dominated by DM with players actively spiking or dumping the ball off on any random person who isn't themselves.

exacerbating the issue is that the carrier slow and the ball timer make it virtually impossible for anyone other than an op (who can even roll the electro plates that stop everyone else) from carrying from spawn to EZ with just the slightest amount of defense from the 1 or 2 enemy players actually trying to win. likewise, when a tank and healer or just an off-guard, carrier and EZ stealther play the objectives (a whopping 3 players) it's regularly impossible for the other 3 players on the enemy team who are trying to play to stop them (and vice versa).

TL; DR: most games are not games at all:

• the pit and quesh obstacles are not obstacles at all
  • vandin obstacles are fine (except for electro plates not working on lolroll) but not enough players play the map

the movement abilities arms race has completely broken every HB map in one way or another. and now I cannot even leave the 3rd or 4th HB in a row.

Edited by CheesyEZ

I like HB. I like it. But the game is absolutely broken in the current state/meta of the game. The best ball carriers are ops and mercs (:rolleyes:). Most maps are dominated by DM with players actively spiking or dumping the ball off on any random person who isn't themselves.

exacerbating the issue is that the carrier slow and the ball timer make it virtually impossible for anyone other than an op (who can even roll the electro plates that stop everyone else) from carrying from spawn to EZ with just the slightest amount of defense from the 1 or 2 enemy players actually trying to win. likewise, when a tank and healer or just an off-guard, carrier and EZ stealther play the objectives (a whopping 3 players) it's regularly impossible for the other 3 players on the enemy team who are trying to play to stop them (and vice versa).

TL; DR: most games are not games at all:

• the pit and quesh obstacles are not obstacles at all
  • vandin obstacles are fine (except for electro plates not working on lolroll) but not enough players play the map

the movement abilities arms race has completely broken every HB map in one way or another. and now I cannot even leave the 3rd or 4th HB in a row.

Those are good points. I just like the game mode. If you get 1 or 2 other players on your team who want to win and know how to play, it's pretty easy to make it a close game. If you're by yourself, so to speak, it's still pretty entertaining to play defense against the other team. /shrug, I'm a HB junkie.